#31 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (granto @ Sep 14 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
F-22 was the best, too bad the B2 did not come on Sunday, but at least we saw it buzzing Folsom on Saturday. I like the Blue Angels better than the T-Birds, also the Angels did not take 20 minutes of pre-flight and more pre-flight to take off. But they were still fun to watch, and the sneaking up on the crowd pass was way cool.

We we at the fence and had no idea just how packed it was, until we tried to walk to the bathrooms. It was a sea of people this year.

the whole transport thing seemed to be more organized this year, and we knew not to get on a return train that did not say "Folsom" (otherwise you wait at Sunrise for a full folsom train to come by and try to find a space to cram back on). Pity the souls who drove, it looked like a mile backlog to get out of Mather.

One thing that is still very stupid of RT, is that all trains coming out of Folsom before the start of the regular Sunday schedule, end at Sunrise. So that means you get to Sunrise just as the downtown train is dparting, then wait 15 minutes for the next one. Why they cannot figure out a way to just run through trains from Folsom is beyond me... but this is a govt. agency.

If they ran every train all the way to Folsom, they would either run 1/2 as many, or they would crash, because Sunrise is where the double tracks stop.

#32 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (MrsTuffPaws @ Sep 14 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they ran every train all the way to Folsom, they would either run 1/2 as many, or they would crash, because Sunrise is where the double tracks stop.

Maybe I was not clear.

The normal 30 minute runs from folsom to Sunrise were ending at Sunrise. they unloaded the train, and headed back to Folsom. You had to wait for the next train from Downtown to arrive at Sunrise and change directions. This meant a 15 minute wait for a train to pick you up to continue the journey to Mather.

#33 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

Oh, you're right, I didn't read your post as clearly as I thought...

So, you're saying they started trains earlier than the normal first 10:00am Sunday train, but it just shuttled between Folsom and Sunrise. Then you had to pick up a "regularly running" train.

That doesn't sound so bad to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users