42 replies to this topic

#31 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

with the outrageous rent prices that the mansoors charge and the lack of customers @ Pueblo (its practically empty everything I walk by), I am shocked how they have managed to keep the doors open. I will not be shocked once they close their doors for good.

Please note that resturants are there for ONE reason. To make profit

#32 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

I won't be shocked because it is a ghost town. But since they made an attempt to turn things around I'm hoping that they get a fighting chance to keep open. We need a mexican resteraunt at the town center. I'm looking forward to hearing a couple new reviews on the place or eating there myself.
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

#33 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

The suprising thing about the Town center is the ultra terendy/chic $18 burger joint with the valet Parking (the name escapes me at the moment) is still doing very well.

#34 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:03 PM

Every time we have gone there it has a 20-40 min wait, granted many of these times are Thur-Sat in the early or prime evening hours. It always has more people than the restaurants below (Maui Tacos and the Mongo grill which are good).

#35 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

Palango... are you refering to Bistro 33? I've not been there yet because I thought it was a bad place to bring the babies but now the manager informed me that at lunch time its setup well for that. I'm looking forward to trying it out...

eVader... which place are you referring to the wait?
LearnShootInspire.com

#36 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (JLS @ May 8 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Palango... are you refering to Bistro 33? I've not been there yet because I thought it was a bad place to bring the babies but now the manager informed me that at lunch time its setup well for that. I'm looking forward to trying it out...

Pueblo Chico

#37 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (JLS @ May 8 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chilis is the oNLY family friendly place with screaming babies in that particular shopping center.

#38 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (palango @ May 12 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chilis is the oNLY family friendly place with screaming babies in that particular shopping center.

huh... well, my babies are very popular at chilis so thats my main spot anyways. He said they get babies for lunch at bistro and have high chairs and slings for them?

At night things look to much like a very popular adult hangout so I will not bring them then for sure... lunch just looks less intimidating on the drive-by.

Strings have always welcomed our babies too...

I am a very conscious person with our kids though. I really don't like to ruin others lunches around me so if they start to make a peep then I take them outside immediately (not to punish them but to calm them down).
LearnShootInspire.com

#39 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (JLS @ May 8 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't be shocked because it is a ghost town. But since they made an attempt to turn things around I'm hoping that they get a fighting chance to keep open. We need a mexican resteraunt at the town center. I'm looking forward to hearing a couple new reviews on the place or eating there myself.

I've gone several times, most recently a few weeks ago. Every time I've gone, there's been at least some wait so they must not be empty. I will say that the last time I went the food wasn't quite as good as it had been previously. Actually...it wasn't that the food wasn't as good, it was that the quantity had been cut almost in half. It was still enough food, but just not as much as I was expecting.

#40 Tyson

Tyson

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:09 AM

Agreed that the food quantity and quality has gone down hill.. My wife and I have been there many times and have rather enjoyed the meal and drinks. However, this past weekend when we went the Margs tasted really bad (both times, even after having them re-made) and then the sauces that they serve with there various dishes were watered down and runny. Definitely has gone down hill and we have now decided to make the drive to Mexquite in Folsom if we are in the crave for Mexican food.

#41 Sierra_777

Sierra_777

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

I'm amazed this place has stayed open.....terrible service and average food....it wasn't bad the first few times we went.....we gave up after the last few times...

#42 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

Pueblo Chico is now Sir Vesa's

PC seemed busy at least by people waiting, patio full on the occasions we were in Town Center. Anyone tried the new operation?

PS guess my Pueblo Chico GC from Restaurant.com is toast but only out $2 or $4.

#43 Tas Cammara

Tas Cammara

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:09 PM

I was told by the hostes that Sir Vezas has the same owners, just different management. I always thought the owners were the managers. I like the ambience and food so I will definitly go there again and I would think they will accept the community discount cards-I have them too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users