#16 mando

mando

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(Selbstbeobachtung @ Sep 2 2007, 08:46 PM) View Post
Is it just me or is there a large white space in that post?

Also, I know someone on the Rutgers team, never heard of them until he told me.

I see the big white space, too.

Unbeknownst to most folks, Rutgers is the birthplace of college football. The first ever college football game was played between Rutgers and Princeton in 1869. (Rutgers won)

Rutgers had a pretty good run last year. I'm hoping that this year is "it" for my alma mater.

This is about the extent of my interest in following team sports smile.gif

#17 iJason

iJason

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(folsombound @ Sep 2 2007, 04:16 PM) View Post
Spoken like a Cal fan! tongue.gif Although, the Trojans could probably beat the Raiders. USC has had some bad years too. But now with a great coach who is also a great recruiter, the glory days are back.

Haha he missed one key recruit, DeSean Jackson! Man, that guy is crazy.

#18 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Sep 2 2007, 12:05 PM) View Post
Would be nice to see a LSU-Wisconsin title game. Keeping fingers crossed.

I'm hoping that the 2 best teams play each other for the Championship, if Wisconsin is one of the 2 best teams, then they should be in the BCS championship game.

The challenges I foresee for them is a pretty weak non conference schedule and after Michigan's loss Saturday, the whole Big 10 gets down graded somewhat. The Badgers will have to go undefeated and hope there is only one other unbeaten team left for them to make it to the BCS. Michigan is still a very strong team and they are capable regrouping and running the table the rest of the way or falling completely apart and going 5 & 6 which could hurt the Big 10 champ.

No matter what it will be interesting to watch.

#19 Nylaan

Nylaan

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:44 PM

Anyone watch the games last night?

Louisville's defense looked disastrous last night - I've never seen worse in my life. The defense wasn't even a factor on several MTSU touchdowns. West Virginia has to be salivating at the chance to tear them up. Louisville should drop out of the top 10 based on their performance, but with the loser of LSU-VT dropping also, they may not.

Oregon St would be more or less the same threat as last year if they were able to replace their QB, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Last night was a clear example when you don't have a reliable option at that position. 1 TD, 8 INT over two games. Bernard clearly suffered also as Cincinatti didn't have to respect the pass at all. What should have been a solid bowl team will probably end up being a bottom feeder this year unless those QBs grow up in a hurry. Stroughter played but not well with a big drop, fumbled punt (though he was interfered with) and no catches - but given what he's been through and the fact that he missed training camp, it is not too surprising. Hopefully he can find some traction cause he's fun to watch.

Looking forward to Rutgers-Navy tonight, should be an excellent game. Navy is good enough to pull out a victory if they play smart. (Now that I've said that, watch Rutgers win by 30.)
It's Saturday night. I have no date, a 2 liter bottle of Shasta, and my all Rush mix tape. Let's rock.

#20 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:04 PM

Wow, Michigan 0-2 and got thoroughly whupped by Oregon at Ann Arbor! Anyone think that maybe Michigan was waaaay overrated before the season started? And yeah, I suspect Carr is history.

On a much better note, Notre Dame 0-2 with Penn State whipping up on them. I am really starting to like this year.

#21 Nylaan

Nylaan

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:43 PM

As of 6pm, I wasn't sure that anyone wants to win a national championship, because almost all teams have universally looked bad. LSU at least asserted that they are the real #1 in the country (though, no one will adjust their poll with USC idle this week).

It was a horrible week for non-BCS conferences. I don't know the Hawaii result yet (avoiding it because I have it on DVR) but I know that game was close and Louisiana Tech is one of their "better" opponents. TCU and Boise St are out.

Contenders are looking incredibly fragile:
West Virginia - Can't play defense
Wisconsin - in a dogfight with UNLV
Texas - needed four quarters again to win
Louisville - *really* can't play defense
VT - Blown out
Cal - too dependent on skill players making big plays
Georgia - lost
Nebraska - got lucky

USC doesn't look to be too good on offense, and the Pac-10 is shaping up to be tough this year. The only teams that look good right now are Oklahoma, Florida and LSU. I have absolutely no idea how this year will fall out when all these teams start playing each other and not lesser opponents.

Watching USF-Auburn, and it's hard to believe Auburn is a #17. But who is better?

At least Appalachian State took care of business. Based on the garbage the "real" teams are putting out they still deserve an entry in the AP Top 25.
It's Saturday night. I have no date, a 2 liter bottle of Shasta, and my all Rush mix tape. Let's rock.

#22 Mennabear

Mennabear

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:03 PM

GO TROJANS!!

#23 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(Mennabear @ Sep 11 2007, 02:03 PM) View Post
GO TROJANS!!

I have a feeling USC is gonna get bit by the upset-bug too....Just wait and see... football2.gif
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#24 UnionBlondie16

UnionBlondie16

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:58 PM

Now if that doesn't have Heisman written all over it, I dunno what does! =) Go D-Mac!

Arkansas is a potential threat. If we could get a freaking QB! lol
True fans don't give up on their team though. =D
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#25 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE(UnionBlondie16 @ Sep 12 2007, 09:58 PM) View Post
Arkansas is a potential threat.

Nahhh....'Bama will thump 'em this Saturday, and it'll be all downhill from there. Sorry. football2.gif cheers.gif

#26 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

Go Big Red!!!!!

#27 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Sep 11 2007, 02:19 PM) View Post
I have a feeling USC is gonna get bit by the upset-bug too....Just wait and see... football2.gif

Not this week. They'll roll over Nebraska like a bunch of girl scouts playing Michigan.

#28 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Al Waysrite @ Sep 13 2007, 11:39 AM) View Post
Not this week. They'll roll over Nebraska like a bunch of girl scouts playing Michigan.

I'll take Nebraska and the 10 points, although they'll probably blast USC outright.

And as far as my Michigan Wolverines, they'd whip the Girl Scouts. It's the Sisters-of-the-Poor they have trouble with.

#29 UnionBlondie16

UnionBlondie16

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Sep 13 2007, 07:24 AM) View Post
Nahhh....'Bama will thump 'em this Saturday, and it'll be all downhill from there. Sorry. football2.gif cheers.gif

It'll hardly be a "thump" if they do. We're pretty much matched up with 'Bama. The only thing is they have the homefield advantage. We'll be alright. As long as Nutt can keep his head on straight! biggrin.gif
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#30 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(UnionBlondie16 @ Sep 13 2007, 02:21 PM) View Post
It'll hardly be a "thump" if they do. We're pretty much matched up with 'Bama. The only thing is they have the homefield advantage. We'll be alright. As long as Nutt can keep his head on straight! biggrin.gif

You guys have a NICE stadium. I went to the Kentucky game in 2002, the Hogs lost but at least Lorenzen got a couple of his teeth knocked out!
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users