17 replies to this topic

#1 redman

redman

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

Just finished dinner at Lucilles in Rocklin. The waiter told us that they are planning to open a much bigger restaurant within a mile of Palladio next Spring. He wasn't sure exactly where.

Has anyone heard about this?

Thy have amazing BBQ and it would be seriously great to get one here.

It's not listed on the City's website yet and I don't believe construction has started on anything. There is an empty pad next to the new hotel near Costco. Maybe there?

#2 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

Oh, boy. That will NOT be good for my bank account. So good, yet so pricey.

A mile from Palladio could also be EDH. Or maybe the barren wasteland near the old Red Robin?

"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#3 puppylover

puppylover

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:29 PM

Boucanes BBQ next to the DMV is fantastic.  I think that is how you spell it. 

#4 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

Did that used to be in EDH?

#5 redman

redman

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:42 PM

I'd expect they'd want to be near the newer stores and the freeway, especially with the South of 50 development slated to occur. EDH is a possibility but he said Folsom. Maybe he was off about the distance and it's less than a mile, such as over by Costco. He said they were originally trying for Palladio but the lead terms didn't work out. Also he said it would be the "old house" look like the Rocklin one which means construction still has to happen.

#6 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

A mile from Palladio could also be EDH. Or maybe the barren wasteland near the old Red Robin?

Over by any of the empty shopping centers would be good.

#7 ambrno33

ambrno33

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

yes!! love their biscuits!

#8 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

Since no one was able to answer my question, I checked and the Boucanes Smokehouse is the one that used to be in EDH. I have yet to try it, but I've only heard GREAT things about it. It's now on my short list...

#9 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:57 AM

Went to Boucanes yesterday.   Pretty good BBQ. Sandwiches are a bit boring (meat and bread) but the meat is very good.

#10 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

I'm a fan of Dickies BBQ, but that'd be great to have a Lucille's BBQ in town too!

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#11 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'm a fan of Dickies BBQ, but that'd be great to have a Lucille's BBQ in town too!

I think we have a good owner in Folsom. My mom loved the food when she visited, but she says the one in her town is awful.

I think the food is great, and I'm sure Lucille's is also, but most of that food is so unhealthy for me. I prefer to cook at home...however, there is one place I recently went to that was over-the-top delicious! Flame & Fire. http://www.flameandfire.com/

#12 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

I think we have a good owner in Folsom. My mom loved the food when she visited, but she says the one in her town is awful.

I think the food is great, and I'm sure Lucille's is also, but most of that food is so unhealthy for me. I prefer to cook at home...however, there is one place I recently went to that was over-the-top delicious! Flame & Fire. http://www.flameandfire.com/

I agree about having a good owner here in Folsom - went to a DIckies in Texas the other week and it was terrible.

I've learned in life that most of the things we like are often unhealthy, I live for the day when we can get a really good health food restaurant in town that actually serves things that taste really good too.   

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#13 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:05 AM

I just hope they are up-wind of my house on Talus ridge:)

#14 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

Tried this place recently and was not impressed.  For one its terribly expensive.  They don't include any sides with their sandwiches so for a pulled-pork sandwich and a side of baked beans (no drink) it was nearly $13.  Yikes!  The pulled pork was bland, there was absolutely no smoke flavor or smoke ring present in the meat.  I'm not sure how they cook it but its definitely not over a smoker.  And finally the beans I swear were Pork N' Beans out of a can with some brisket meat mixed in.

#15 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

Tried this place recently and was not impressed.  For one its terribly expensive.  They don't include any sides with their sandwiches so for a pulled-pork sandwich and a side of baked beans (no drink) it was nearly $13.  Yikes!  The pulled pork was bland, there was absolutely no smoke flavor or smoke ring present in the meat.  I'm not sure how they cook it but its definitely not over a smoker.  And finally the beans I swear were Pork N' Beans out of a can with some brisket meat mixed in.

My friends tried to drag me to this place Saturday. It seems everybody (my friend not the OP) is a BBQ expert when it comes to rating these places. I find them all somewhat equal with not one that outstanding from another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users