37 replies to this topic

#1 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

Ok, it's technically in EDH, but I LOVE this place! We have gone for lunch and dinner twice in the past month. It is really good! If you haven't gone in awhile, check it out....they have totally redone the place, the restaurant looks great as does the bar. We sat outside for dinner and it was a perfect evening!

The food was great - I don't think I've ever had a better cheeseburger! My friend had a panini and loved it! Their onion rings are a perfect appetizer and they are very generous with the drinks smile.gif

So if you're looking for a great place eat, I totally recommend The Purple Place!

Barb J

#2 October15

October15

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE(Barb J @ Jun 4 2007, 09:25 PM) View Post
Ok, it's technically in EDH, but I LOVE this place! We have gone for lunch and dinner twice in the past month. It is really good! If you haven't gone in awhile, check it out....they have totally redone the place, the restaurant looks great as does the bar. We sat outside for dinner and it was a perfect evening!

So if you're looking for a great place eat, I totally recommend The Purple Place!

Barb J

Crab cakes were good at lunch-- as well as the bacon, eggs and grits for breakfast. They also boast one of the waitresses from GoldMiner so it feels a little more like home. :-)

#3 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:55 AM

Hmmm...I may have to give this place another shot. I haven't been there in over 2 years, but the last time I went the food was not good - a burned burger patty and soggy french fries. It sounds like they may have improved, though!

#4 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:57 AM

We also haven't been in a while. It's kinda far now until they open the new bridge, but we always found the food to be good and the service hit and miss. Will have to try it again sometime!

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#5 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:11 PM

Well, they do have decent food, if you're into biker bar food??? That place is a DIVE. I'm not buying your "rosy" review.

#6 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Jun 5 2007, 08:11 PM) View Post
Well, they do have decent food, if you're into biker bar food??? That place is a DIVE. I'm not buying your "rosy" review.

What's wrong with biker bar food? It is a bit of a dive, but the food was good and the drinks not watered down. The service was the only thing that was inconsistent before, but it sounds like that's changed. Sounds "rosy" to me!

#7 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

I've only been there a few times but it's been good food and decent service each time. I'd definitely go back.

#8 October15

October15

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(bishmasterb @ Jun 5 2007, 08:24 PM) View Post
I've only been there a few times but it's been good food and decent service each time. I'd definitely go back.

Yep. They are under new ownership and the food has been GREAT every time I've been since the change. PLUS they've really cleaned up and updated the place. I'm not sure where the biker food comment is coming from unless that's attached to the OLD regime??

#9 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

It's true, the place has drastically changed for the better. You will be pleasantly surprised by this establishment now.

#10 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

Bummer, I liked the Biker Bar feel sad.gif

#11 October15

October15

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Jun 5 2007, 08:31 PM) View Post

I'm guessing they're trying to fit the community a little more. It looks the same on the outside but defintely nicer in both the bar and the restaurant. But, if you liked the old, my heart goes out to ya, Mylo.

#12 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Jun 5 2007, 08:31 PM) View Post

check out po'boyz, and its closer to you

#13 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(banana @ Jun 5 2007, 09:56 PM) View Post
check out po'boyz, and its closer to you

That place is Biker Dive? I always had it pegged as yuppy snob sports bar. Never been in there, so that shows what I know! tongue.gif

#14 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Jun 5 2007, 10:01 PM) View Post
That place is Biker Dive? I always had it pegged as yuppy snob sports bar. Never been in there, so that shows what I know! tongue.gif

biker dive bar - Regan's Irish Pub in Orangevale (I don't recommend you go there alone at night).
yuppy snob sports bar - Yagers on Sutter (but don't go on Tuesdays nights unless you're wearing a kevlar vest)

#15 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:04 AM

Yagers yuppy? Man, I havent been out in too long!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users