12 replies to this topic

#1 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

Reclamation announced today 2 9 2017, the Nimbus Dam was releasing 80,000 Cubic Ft per Second CFS.    That is enough to fill 55 olympic size swimming pools EVERY MINUTE.     People downriver must be swamped with huge releases to protect that dam.      The raging water is incredible to see and hear, as well as the new high water levels.

City's "Lake Natoma Promenade/launch/trail/ADA Ramp --  should have had a Licensed Engineer and federal Permits:   lower parts are under water.     Concrete "ADA Ramp" had rock piles collapsing under it last week -- B4 this rain.    Perhaps Oroville spillway failed for same reason:   during drought all soil dried up, trees holding rocks died, and then all our missed rain arrived at once.    42 gas leaks found in Folsom as well:  there must be a lot  to investigate in those rock piles some of us "live" on.

Why did city or its contractor post Regional Sanitation signs "creek project" along the trail on federal land?   Reg. San. website doesn't show any such work.   However, 3 city trucks were working hard at raw sewage Pump Station 2 (the stinkin' one next to trail.).

Videos:  

https://www.youtube....&view=0&sort=dd

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

All rivers are extremely high right now.  I've never seen it so high at the Howe Avenue American River overcrossing.  It's starting to go over the bike trail.

#3 JohhnyCash

JohhnyCash

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

maestro,

Why do you just stop with all your incoherent rants?  Nothing ever seems to be good enough for you.  First the lake levels are mis-managed because they are too low (in the midst of a drought) and now the river flows are too high in the middle of a wet winter.  

Is it so boring being a House Frau on Forrest St. that you have to continually make up fantastic stories that NOBODY buys in to?   Do yourself (and the rest of us) a huge favor and sign up as a volunteer at Loaves and Fishes.  You'll actually do some good.

JC

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:45 AM

maestro,

Why do you just stop with all your incoherent rants?  Nothing ever seems to be good enough for you.  First the lake levels are mis-managed because they are too low (in the midst of a drought) and now the river flows are too high in the middle of a wet winter.  

Is it so boring being a House Frau on Forrest St. that you have to continually make up fantastic stories that NOBODY buys in to?   Do yourself (and the rest of us) a huge favor and sign up as a volunteer at Loaves and Fishes.  You'll actually do some good.

JC

If "NOBODY buys in to" maestro's posts, why do you feel the need to be so threatening, demeaning, and insulting?  Why not either ask a question about what you don't understand, post an opposing opinion, or simply ignore the posts?  

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

I have a supply store by Loaves and Fishes so I am down that way quite often. I even did some work for them many years ago. I can tell you that their "clients" have changed. Sure, there are still the down and out, nowhere else to go, sleeping bag on the street types, the mentally unstable and the drug addicted. However, there is a growing presence of people with an entitlement attitude just looking for freebies. I have seen the huge swing in attitude.  It used to be, you could talk to the wandering folks, or even just smile as you drove by. They would be clumped together on the sidewalk. Now, they wander the middle of the streets, give you dirty looks, and will not move out of the way for vehicle traffic. They will stand in the traffic lane, not moving,  staring at you as you wait for them to get out of the way. you don't dare say something or use the horn as they will pound on your car.  Used to be, you would give the the "you first" hand signal and you might get a smile as they moved out of the way.  Also, far more trash on the streets around there now.

I know someone who was trying to show his children a lesson about giving last Christmas. he took blankets to give out to the homeless. Much to his chagrin, most of them only asked what else he had and weren't thankful at all.  Not really sure what is driving it, but it is a lot different than it was a few years ago.

Reclamation announced today 2 9 2017, the Nimbus Dam was releasing 80,000 Cubic Ft per Second CFS.    That is enough to fill 55 olympic size swimming pools EVERY MINUTE.     People downriver must be swamped with huge releases to protect that dam.      The raging water is incredible to see and hear, as well as the new high water levels.

City's "Lake Natoma Promenade/launch/trail/ADA Ramp --  should have had a Licensed Engineer and federal Permits:   lower parts are under water.     Concrete "ADA Ramp" had rock piles collapsing under it last week -- B4 this rain.    Perhaps Oroville spillway failed for same reason:   during drought all soil dried up, trees holding rocks died, and then all our missed rain arrived at once.    42 gas leaks found in Folsom as well:  there must be a lot  to investigate in those rock piles some of us "live" on.

Why did city or its contractor post Regional Sanitation signs "creek project" along the trail on federal land?   Reg. San. website doesn't show any such work.   However, 3 city trucks were working hard at raw sewage Pump Station 2 (the stinkin' one next to trail.).

Videos:  

I addressed this in the open topic thread of the same concern.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

I have a supply store by Loaves and Fishes so I am down that way quite often. I even did some work for them many years ago. I can tell you that their "clients" have changed. Sure, there are still the down and out, nowhere else to go, sleeping bag on the street types, the mentally unstable and the drug addicted. However, there is a growing presence of people with an entitlement attitude just looking for freebies. I have seen the huge swing in attitude.  It used to be, you could talk to the wandering folks, or even just smile as you drove by. They would be clumped together on the sidewalk. Now, they wander the middle of the streets, give you dirty looks, and will not move out of the way for vehicle traffic. They will stand in the traffic lane, not moving,  staring at you as you wait for them to get out of the way. you don't dare say something or use the horn as they will pound on your car.  Used to be, you would give the the "you first" hand signal and you might get a smile as they moved out of the way.  Also, far more trash on the streets around there now.

I know someone who was trying to show his children a lesson about giving last Christmas. he took blankets to give out to the homeless. Much to his chagrin, most of them only asked what else he had and weren't thankful at all.  Not really sure what is driving it, but it is a lot different than it was a few years ago.

I addressed this in the open topic thread of the same concern.

I thought the photo you posted helped explain your informed response as well.

I haven't been down to the Loaves & Fishes area in quite a while.  I didn't realize it had changed so much.  It seems there are more and more homeless in our section of Folsom.  Can't help but feel sad for them in the weather we've been having, whatever the reason for their situation.

#7 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:14 AM

Maestro - the bike path near Blue Ravine goes under the bridge and along Willow Creek.  The bike trail is often under water during heavy rain periods.  Is it possible the "Lake Natoma Promenade/launch/trail/ADA Ramp" is designed to behave the exact same way?  If so, what is wrong with that?  If the implication is that any person who is in need of an ADA ramp doesn't have the mental fortitude to know better than to continue into potentially dangerous areas, I find that quite offensive.

https://www.google.c...m/data=!3m1!1e3

#8 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

Maestro - the bike path near Blue Ravine goes under the bridge and along Willow Creek.  The bike trail is often under water during heavy rain periods.  Is it possible the "Lake Natoma Promenade/launch/trail/ADA Ramp" is designed to behave the exact same way?  If so, what is wrong with that? 

https://www.google.c...m/data=!3m1!1e3

You are right.  It's not unusual for those trail undercrossings to be flooded during rains.  https://ridewithgps....routes/18381003 shows an alternate route to avoid it - basically, just ride on the other side of the street.  Doesn't the city also have signs posted saying not to enter the area if flooded?  

#9 kcrides99

kcrides99

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

Carl is right - Not surprisingly, engineers know what areas will flood and how to protect those areas in the event of a flood. Trails are generally along creeks throughout sacramento, and are designed to be inundated by flooding. Not a big deal. Maintenance will be required to clear leaves or other debris, just as any other road would (ie sibley near blue ravine).

#10 New Girl

New Girl

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

I saw the new access and trail in progress for the first time at the weekend.  What a wonderful area it will be.  Beautiful view of Lake Natoma for everyone to enjoy.  I look forward to it being finished.

#11 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

I would also note that I was very surprise when I moved here in 1990 to see Discovery Park underwater from time to time. Yes, it is designed to be flooded as well.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#12 Agent_007

Agent_007

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

Videos:  

i have only two words for this, "black helicopters."

#13 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

i have only two words for this, "black helicopters."

And Black Helicopters Matter!!! :BREAKDANCE: