#1 iMax

iMax

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

Here is the script from FCUSD

Hello this is (Name) the principal at (school).

I am calling to alert you that we received two reports of attempted kidnappings in the Rancho Cordova area yesterday.

The suspect is described as a tall, thin, adult Hispanic male with a mole on the left side of his face. He was driving a dark green or black medium size 4-door sedan with faded paint on the roof or door. He attempted to lure the students by asking for help in locating his missing dog.

If you observe the suspect, or if your child reports a similar incident, please call the Folsom Police Department at 355.7231. While we have no reports of any incidents in Folsom, the Police Department and District agreed it would be wise to alert parents in both communities.

Please take a few minutes to remind your children to walk with friends and not talk to strangers. If a stranger does approach them, they should go to the closest safe adult and report the incident.

Local law enforcement officers are on alert and will do all they can to identify this suspect.

Thank you.

If you do have to die, may you all pass away like my grandfather did, in his sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#2 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

That's interesting! Haven't gotten my phone call yet, thanks for posting this.
Barb

#3 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

is that what the TV alert was about?? I couldn't understand the guy...
<3

#4 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

just got a phone call from NSE about this!
<3

#5 iMax

iMax

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Barb J @ Jan 13 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barb

I made a couple of calls and what I heard was that the guy was at a couple of elementary schools in Rancho, Cordova Lane and maybe Williamson. Lots of cops out looking for this guy. Best thing we can do is instruct our kids and if they're too young to understand, never let them out of your sight, I don't like to be paranoid, just vigilent. If I find out more, I'll post it.

If you do have to die, may you all pass away like my grandfather did, in his sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#6 Agent_007

Agent_007

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

i just rcvd an email from my Gallardo Elem which is the same message as called out on their auto-dialer to contact numbers.

---------------------------------------------
Hello, this is Linda Walden, principal at Sandra J. Gallardo.
I am calling to alert you that we received two reports of attempted kidnappings in the Rancho Cordova area yesterday.
The suspect is described as a tall, thin, adult Hispanic male with a mole on the left side of his face. He was driving a dark green or black medium size 4 door sedan with faded paint on the roof or door. He attempted to lure the students by asking for help in locating his missing dog.
If you observe the suspect, or if your child reports a similar incident, please call the Folsom Police Department at 355.7231. While we have no reports of any incidents in Folsom, the Police Department and District agreed it would be wise to alert parents in both communities.
Please take a few minutes to remind your children to walk with friends and not talk to strangers. If a stranger does approach them, they should go to the closest safe adult and report the incident.

Local law enforcement officers are on alert and will do all they can to identify this suspect.

Thank you.
---------------------------------------------

#7 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

I hope they catch this guy. I'm glad I have to go inside to pick up my son and drop him off.
I would rather be Backpacking

#8 sagesmum

sagesmum

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Barb J @ Jan 13 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barb

Have you checked your email? I got the info via email from Russell Ranch and then on the house answering machine. . .

#9 M.E.G.

M.E.G.

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

I have not received an email or phone call, but my Sutter Middle student told me as soon as I picked him up from school. The administration announced it throughout the school at the start of 7th period (last class of the day)

M.E.G.

Mechelle Reasoner (formerly Gooch)

Movin'...So You Can!

Morris Williams Realty

Call or txt: 916 955-8698,

Email me

Read my blog, search for homes, find out more about Folsom at FolsomCorner.com

#10 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

I got a phone call and email. Repeated the talk with the youngster about not talking to strangers.

#11 RV3000

RV3000

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Andrea V @ Jan 13 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is that what the TV alert was about?? I couldn't understand the guy...

The TV alert is about an abduction in San Jose, Santa Clara county, at around 11 am this morning. I couldn't hear the details but it was a 24 year old hispanic male with a little girl, I think! Wish they could have typed out the details of the car and license plate number....couldn't hear the details about the car.

#12 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

I did get a phone call early this afternoon. Same script pretty much. Just had the talk with my daughter - sucks that there are people like this out in the world. I hope they get him soon.

Barb

#13 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Barb J @ Jan 13 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did get a phone call early this afternoon. Same script pretty much. Just had the talk with my daughter - sucks that there are people like this out in the world. I hope they get him soon.

Barb

I got an email, but because I have to go inside to pick up my son, I'm not worried for him. I am concerned for all of those with kids in public school who walk by themselves to & from school. How young are the girls this animal is going after? If early teens, I know the perfect bait person, I forget her name, but I worked with this lady who was in her 30's or 40's at the time, but very short and young looking. She would get pulled over by the cops driving to work because they thought she was a 12-14 year old driving down the street.
I would rather be Backpacking

#14 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

We didn't get anything. That's annoying.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#15 M.E.G.

M.E.G.

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

From what I heard, it was two boys that were approached. And my son was so focused on the description of the car & suspect, I had to remind him that it could be anyone, not to come close to any car etc.

I think it is good that we get the info, but I don't want to be focused on the exact particulars, due to the fact it was two kids giving the description in a time of stress. I would say anything that looks out of the ordinary, should be questioned.

M.E.G.

Mechelle Reasoner (formerly Gooch)

Movin'...So You Can!

Morris Williams Realty

Call or txt: 916 955-8698,

Email me

Read my blog, search for homes, find out more about Folsom at FolsomCorner.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users