Photo
- - - - -

Soil Born Farm Annual Day On The Farm Coming May 21, 2017!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

This will be my 7th year volunteering at this event. Hope to see you there! :)

A Day on the Farm
Learn, Eat & Celebrate!
Sunday May 21 10am to 3pm
American River Ranch Next to Hagan Park Rancho Cordova

A Day on the Farm, our annual spring fundraiser at the American River Ranch, is a festive family favorite! Join us for a day of learning, eating, celebrating and exploring the natural world. The day's events include: Farmstand (purchase fresh, local, organic vegetables and fruit), Organic Plant Sale, Classes & Workshops, Farm Tours & Nature Walks, Draft Horse Demo, Garden Activities & Nutrition Games, Face Painting & Entertainment, Community Education Tables, Live Music with Mind X Quartet, Millington Strings and The College Fund Street Band, Fun for Babies & Toddlers, Morning Food, Snacks & Lunch.

Learn about:

Gardening Wellness Cooking Herbs
Farm Animals Chickens Beekeeping
Drought Tolerant Native Plants & More

$5 per person kids & adults
Pay at event entrance (under 2 years free)
Proceeds benefit Soil Born Farms.

Download program here:
https://soilborn.org...F17_program.pdf

#2 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

Well, Im not sure anyone reads the stuff here in the Rancho forum; although I live Folsom and the event certainly was open to anyne regardless of where he or she resides, I thought I "should" put this here as the event itself was in Rancho.

ANYWAY, the event was a success! Great turnout! And, personally, I came home with a great variety of tomoto, pepper, cuke, summer squash, and herb seedlings for planting in my raised beds! The beds are prepped and ready to go for when the weather cools again mid-week -- don't want to risk frying my little seedlings by planting them during this heat wave.

Anyone else into organic gardening in Folsom or surrounding areas? We seem to be having an influx of whiteflies this year. Ugh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users