In Home Phone Problem - Help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. You may have had a similar problem.

1. In our home I have (3) three Panasonic Model KX-TGO223A Digital Cordless phones.

2. The frequency range is 1.92 to 1.93 GHZ

I have COMCAST TRI Pack service. TV/Computer/Phone all in one package.

When our son calls in and also on several other phone calls we get a lot of drop outs.

In other words you might miss 3 out of 10 words.  It is a real pain in the Asssssssssss.

I have had COMCAST out here a few times checking it out. The lines seem to be just fine, the

connectors seem just fine. 

Why the bad reception?  That is the question.

I have disconnected the phone line from the back of my computer modem and plugged a

regular wall phone into the modem and then it seems to work just fine. One phone only plugged

into the back of the modem.

It seems to me like it is the Cordless phone that is the problem????

HELP

Cal

OH, One other thing. One of the techs from Comcast actually told me that there

seems to be a BACK END problem, I guess with their equipment and software

in their home equipment.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

Are those phones pretty old ?

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

The phones are about 3 years old and they have rechargeable batteries which I recently replaced.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

We tried Comcast's phone service and had to cancel it almost immediately after starting it. Calls kept dropping and people told us we sounded like we were under water. It's frustrating because the triple service (internet, cable TV, and the phone) is cheaper and we end up paying more than we should because THEY can't figure out how to provide acceptable phone service.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

that's why I keep a good old fashioned copper line coming into my house and AT&T hates me for it.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#6 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

that's why I keep a good old fashioned copper line coming into my house and AT&T hates me for it.

I was thinking about going back to AT&T landline. If I don't keep the triple pack at Comcast I am sure it will cost me more than it does now.

Could get AT&T land line back in and just disconnect the phone line from the back of the computer modem, and keep the TRI Pac with Comcast.

I would be using AT&T and not Comcast and just not let them know.

#7 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:28 PM

Every time I talk to Comcast they try to get me to "upgrade" to the Triple Play package that you have, Cal. Every time I decline. My landline is perfect, and it's dirt cheap. Only use it for local calls anyway, not long distance. Use cell phone for that. My theory is, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'd cancel the Triple Play and go with the Double Play, internet and TV. It will save you money. And periodically call them and ask if they can apply any promotions to your acct. You'd be surprised at how much you can save. It adds up.

#8 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

Every time I talk to Comcast they try to get me to "upgrade" to the Triple Play package that you have, Cal. Every time I decline. My landline is perfect, and it's dirt cheap. Only use it for local calls anyway, not long distance. Use cell phone for that. My theory is, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'd cancel the Triple Play and go with the Double Play, internet and TV. It will save you money. And periodically call them and ask if they can apply any promotions to your acct. You'd be surprised at how much you can save. It adds up.

I may have to go that way....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users