• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Jan 22 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you happen to have the August 29, 1960 issue?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...102119004r39724

YES, I do have that one. I have it for sale at $10.00
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#17 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (camay2327 @ Jan 22 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YES, I do have that one. I have it for sale at $10.00

Do you have Feb 2, 1922? http://artdecoblog.b...azine-1922.html is the cover art (aka the butterfly lady poster from Three's Company)

#18 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (MrsTuffPaws @ Jan 26 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you have Feb 2, 1922? http://artdecoblog.b...azine-1922.html is the cover art (aka the butterfly lady poster from Three's Company)

wow, gorgeous! I love the 20's!!!
<3

#19 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Andrea V @ Jan 26 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow, gorgeous! I love the 20's!!!

NO. I will sell them as one full lot...
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#20 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

This was my original Post.

Would you be interested in over 2100 Life Magazines.

One dated 23 Nov 1936 in excellent condition that is worth around $150.00. Many others are valued between $30 and $75 and some between $75 and $120.

The majority of them you could sell for between $3 & $10 each, plus postage.

I only want to hear from people that are really interested in the business. You could more than double, possibly triple your money selling these on line. EBAY ????

I was trying to Sell for $2,500

I will now take $2,000 Final sale price. Payment in cash or cashiers check.

Magazines are located in Folsom, CA.

E-mail me at: camay2327@yahoo.com

----------------

I really need the space in my garage so will let these go for $1,500 CASH.

Someone that would like to do a resale on these on ebay could make some pretty good money.

Let me know.

#21 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

You still have them 6 years later?

You might want to try radio tradio on KMJ. They have a limit on the weekly asking price, but once a month you can advertise anything over I believe $250. My mom used to sell a lot of stuff there, and people would drive to Visalia from all over the state. It was comical IMO. But she did sale a lot of stuff.

#22 ambrno33

ambrno33

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:50 AM

I don't have any interest in buying them, and certainly don't have that much money to sit around on, but I would help you list/sell them on ebay if you would like. Contact me if you need any help at all.

#23 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

I don't have any interest in buying them, and certainly don't have that much money to sit around on, but I would help you list/sell them on ebay if you would like. Contact me if you need any help at all.

Thanks. I will get back to you.

#24 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

Still at $2,000 for the lot.  I also have 4 large cupboards that are holding all the magazines.

#25 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

This really is the last chance to myfolsom subscribers.  I will take $1500  cash for all of them.

I am finally going to put them on Craig's List and/or Ebay.

Cal

#26 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

... 10 years later... LOL... I don't believe your threat :)

Have you tried to just bulk sell them to one of the many places online that sell them, like oldlifemagazines.com?  If they don't want them, then they probably aren't worth that much anymore.  Maybe 10 years ago you could have received that much, but I'd bet that the target audience for old magazines is significantly smaller now, while the number of people looking to get rid of their collections has grown significantly.

"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#27 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

Cal, do you have any from 1965? I would like the December issue if you still have it.

I think someone out there would like these vintage magazines. I had a ton of old National Geographics that were my grandfathers, they sold fast but I kept a bunch too.

Maybe try selling them in bulk by years? Like 12 issues for $50 or something like that? Good luck!

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#28 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

Dave, I have 3 from 3 Dec 1965, 4 from 10 Dec 1964, 3 from 17 Dec 1965 and one from 24 Dec 1965.

I would like to keep the 24 Dec 1965 in the set as I only have one of them.

Let me know and I can come up with a price for you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users