Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

What Do You Miss The Most In Folsom’s Past That Has Come & Gone?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 lived there

lived there

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Suburban Pool Service @ Dec 19 2006, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thread about the building/ construction across from Scott's had me thinking about a Folsom/ favorite of yore. I’m sure Scotts food and environment is 100x’s nicer, but having grown up in Folsom as a kid, I miss going to Woody’s where Scotts seafood is today. I recall it far more family like IMO than per se Red Robin, while the views and the hip crew seemed to make an otherwise family style restaurant exclusive.

I also miss “Thrifty”was where 24hr Fitness is or next door do that if I recall. Used to go there for cheap, but good ice cream. You couldn’t beat it.

Chevy’s on the river too? I know the food was so so er, but I recall good times.

Just wondered what some of you miss in Folsom?

-Ryan

#92 Oldschooler81

Oldschooler81

Lived in Orangevale from 1991-1996.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Music and movies (especially anything '80s), computers, thrift shopping, talking and hanging out with people, writing, geography, mini golf, etc. Anything from the past interests me too, of course!

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Suburban Pool Service @ Nov 28 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah when my family would go on trips to So Cal to visit family I remember on the way home turning off the freeway at 50 & Scott rd and seeing all the cattle, horses and there used to be a bull off in the fields where In-N-Out burger & Costco are today. Also being that we lived in Lexington Hills, going into town to shop seemed like a long trip but it was always neat to see the horses out in the pasture where those to ranch homes used to sit off Bidwell. I think one of the homes burned down and then later the other was bulldozed down in favor of that office park that sits there now, I don't know the exact story on those to homes but it would be awesome if anyone on here knows what the story on those places was?

Hey man, now that you bring it up, that sounds familar to me! I only have vague memories of going out that way (usually once a year coming back from skiing at Tahoe) and the old '93 Google images aren't that clear, that would be neat if someone else knows the backstory.

There's a place like that in San Jose too, where they recently demolished some old farmhouses to put up a new housing project. Wish I'd paid it more attention at the time!

#93 lived there

lived there

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

I miss the movie theater when it was up on upper Sutter St. Also miss the Teenage Club at lower Sutter St, and Crail's Pool Hall in the middle of town. I miss the days when we went swimming at Jacksons Hole, located not far from the High School heading towards Placerville. Theres much more, but this will do for now. This was back in the days when Folsoms population was 2,000!

#94 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

This Etorres near Natoma Station that once sold me this delightful loaf of bread. A few years later I went back to the store they denied ever selling loaves of bread, and now it's gone.

#95 Barbie87

Barbie87

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

Woody's & Thrify's.I miss Folsom not being so busy and laid back.

#96 GCM

GCM

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

big dip and all the open fields EVERYWHERE!!!!!

#97 irish1

irish1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

Anyone remember Tio Pepe's where the KFC is now at East Bidwell and Wales? Great margaritas and mexican food with excellent prices.

When I landed in Folsom, in 1988, the business at that location was named 'Margaritaville,' and as I recall, did a pretty good business.

#98 headshrink

headshrink

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

I know it wasn't long ago, but I miss the motorcycle stealership behind Home Depot (casualty of the recession).

We now have to drive 30-45 min. across town to be ripped off by another service department. I used to consider that the premium for the convenience of location, but now.... I just do the work myself.

#99 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

Woody's & Thrify's.I miss Folsom not being so busy and laid back.

Funny thing about "Woody's;" they spell their name "Wood'ys." http://www.woodysgrill.com/
Odd, eh?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#100 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Funny thing about "Woody's;" they spell their name "Wood'ys." http://www.woodysgrill.com/
Odd, eh?

The logo looks that way, but in the upper right of the website, the apostrophe is between the y & the s.

go figure.
I would rather be Backpacking

#101 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

The logo looks that way, but in the upper right of the website, the apostrophe is between the y & the s.

go figure.

I know. And the sign out in front of their restaurant looks like it's before the "y" as well. Very odd.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#102 Pool Runner

Pool Runner

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Wow my old thread got dug up from the dead Lol. Anyway, if anyone was wondering why I changed my screen name it was because when people would search for my comapny on Google all of theses MyFolsom threads kept coming up Ooops.

-Ryan
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

http://www.weservicepools.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users