4 replies to this topic

#1 5hannon

5hannon

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

I had such fantastic service at The Melting Pot today, I just had to submit a post...
Congrats to Kelly and Leo for rolling out the red carpet for our party - WOW!

SHORT STORY: The Melting Pot opened their restaurant, during non-business hours, just for us! Super big thanks to Leo for making our dining experience extraordinary and making us feel like movie stars!

LONGER STORY: I invited friends to join me and my daughter at the B Street Theatre this Sunday afternoon. The plan was to meet at the Melting Pot at 1:30, have a lavish late lunch, then head to the theatre for the play at 4pm.

Like a knucklehead, I didn't call ahead to the restaurant to make a reservation (doh)... I discovered upon arrival that The Melting Pot doesn't open until 3:30 on Sunday afternoons. Darn it! So, I'm thinking oh well, we'll figure something out and go to "plan B."

While we're peeking through the window, Kelly (the sweet gal at the front desk) pops her head out, unlocks the door and invites us in! Leo, MP's general manager, opened the restaurant to us (two hours before opening time) and provided true "VIP service!" We had a wonderful meal, with great and attentive service - it was FANTASTIC!

The Melting Pot gets two big "thumbs up" from me! FYI, I'm just a customer and have no affiliation.

5hannon

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

I love to hear great customer service stories. I had a similar experience with Casablanca Moroccan Restaurant -- coinky dinky enough also prior to a B Street play. But I called ahead. A group of friends and I were going to a matinee at the B Street on a Saturday. I called Casablanca to make reservations for lunch and was disappointed to find out they're not open for lunch on Saturdays. The gentleman asked how many were in my group, and I told him six. He said, "Okay, we'll do lunch for you" and he insisted we come in. I assumed they would decide to just open up to the public as long as they were opening for us. Not so.... we had the restaurant to ourselves.

Aside from the great customer service at The Melting Pot, how was the food?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 5hannon

5hannon

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:58 AM

My friends and I also enjoy the food at The Melting Pot... our meal consisted of:

• 1st course - breads and veggies, dipped in our choice of melted cheeses (which are mixed at our table)
  • 2nd course - choice of salad (standard green salad, Cesear or something more adventurous)
  • 3rd course - choice of meats -steak, chicken, pork, shrimp (you can opt for lobster, but we didn't)
  • 4th course - dessert - chocolate! Yum, I've had peanut butter cup before and this time we chose "flaming turtle" - awesome!

Fun with food and delicious too!

#4 Devdave

Devdave

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

Awesome to hear that a Restaurant was so CUSTOMER focused!

#5 5hannon

5hannon

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

I received gift card to Melting Pot and am looking foward to going back... Yummo!
5hannon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users