• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 chrissymccord

chrissymccord

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:32 PM

I am looking to contact all of the people who drive commercial vehicles and live in the parkway. I know that there have been a lot of people having problems with this and I would be interested in hearing what you have to say. We have been targeted by the parkway for the last year and a half and I am at my wits end. We lived here for a 1 1/2 years before that with out any problems. My husband has a landscape trailer that we used to park in the driveway for the first year and a half and no one said anything, then we started getting tickets, so we moved it in the garage, then they said you can't have anything on your lumber racks, he got a new vehicle without a lumber rack, now they are saying that my husband can't have anything in the back of his truck to do with landscaping or we will be fined. The common homeowner could have a wheel barrel in the back of their truck parked in the driveway and be fine, but because they know what my husband does for a living we were instructed that anything left in the back of his vehicle will be considered for commercial use and there for we will be cited. No matter what we change they move on to something else. Since when was it tacky or look bad to have a job that required a commercial vehicle?? Sounds like discrimination against blue collar work to me. I understand keeping our homes nice, trashcans etc. but things are getting out of control by a board that can't even be bothered to fight for us to have our own neighborhood school. Ask yourselfs where your melloroos money for a neighborhood school to be built is now going??
Anyway...... I got a phone call today from the parkway informing me that we were getting a warning because my husband brought home a dump trailer and was parked in front of our house for a couple hours on friday and a couple hours on Sat. We parked it somewhere else overnight, and it was never here for over 12 hours. They are crossing so many boundries, and it seems like nobody can do anything because we can't find each other. I am going to the board tonight and asking for a website to be launched for all parkway residents to be able to communicate with each other. This should not be the only place where I can talk to my neighbors.

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(chrissymccord @ Mar 26 2007, 01:32 PM) View Post
I am going to the board tonight and asking for a website to be launched for all parkway residents to be able to communicate with each other. This should not be the only place where I can talk to my neighbors.

Think about creating a yahoo groups email tree so you can communicate that way. It's cheaper and easier than maintaining a website.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

Chrissy,

Hi there. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems.

Have you looked at the CC&Rs to see what they have to say about the subject?

Also, how does anyone know what's in or on the truck if it's in the garage?

#4 chrissymccord

chrissymccord

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(bishmasterb @ Mar 26 2007, 02:10 PM) View Post
Chrissy,

Hi there. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems.

Have you looked at the CC&Rs to see what they have to say about the subject?

Also, how does anyone know what's in or on the truck if it's in the garage?

The truck is parked in the driveway, the trailer is parked in the garage. Our home only came with a two car garage unforturnatly.

#5 chrissymccord

chrissymccord

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(4thgenFolsomite @ Mar 26 2007, 02:09 PM) View Post
Think about creating a yahoo groups email tree so you can communicate that way. It's cheaper and easier than maintaining a website.

Thank you I will offer up the suggestion.

#6 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

chrissymccord

Good luck to you tonight! Give them HELL! I too Have had issues with the Homeowners association. I keep getting notices about parking "my car" on the street overnight. In the 3 years that I have lived here, My car has been parked on the street overnight once while landscaping my backyard. I have talked to the Police in Folsom while getting Coffee and have very good friends that works in the Bay Area for a Sheriff office as well as S.F.P.D , All officers say that the Association is over stepping it powers if its on a public street. All streets in the Parkway is Public streets. Anyone can park on a public street for 72 hours or more depending on that's cities code. Your right, I do see other "violations" while walking my dog. I know I have and my neighbors have, received letters from them concerning the rules. Are these people getting the letters and blowing them off?

While I appreciate the spirit of most rules of the Association, I do feel we the homeowners do need to be "policed" as we do our government. After all we the homeowners are supposed to be the Association.
Be safe
The Firemedic

#7 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:43 PM

sounds like you have some Natzi's on your home owners association CCR committee. Had a friend who lived in Gold river nd he finally moved it was so bad.

I think they can sue you and their lawyer of course gets paid out of the homeowners dues which if it got real bad would raise all the dues.

I wish ya ggod luck, at least from the police input they won't be towing your car or hauling you away.

#8 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:23 PM

Heyyyyyyy Neighbor.....

Yes, you and the neighbors down the street from us are being unfairly targeted. Every time I see that little white car drive into our court, they take a loooooooong look at your house, and barely glance at anything else while they turn around. Then they take that same look at the house down the street, then they floor it out of the court.

I have mentioned it to my other half on many occasions that we ALL need to attend a meeting one of these nights and tell them we're fed up with getting a notice in the mail because we left a 2x4 sticking out of the back of our truck.

So I say let's get everyone together, find out the date of the next meeting, and bring our tattooed friend down the street in there and give them a piece of our minds????

p.s. Nice Expedition by the way.

#9 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(firemedic238 @ Mar 26 2007, 05:20 PM) View Post
have talked to the Police in Folsom while getting Coffee and have very good friends that works in the Bay Area for a Sheriff office as well as S.F.P.D , All officers say that the Association is over stepping it powers if its on a public street. All streets in the Parkway is Public streets. Anyone can park on a public street for 72 hours or more depending on that's cities code. Your right, I do see other "violations" while walking my dog. I know I have and my neighbors have, received letters from them concerning the rules. Are these people getting the letters and blowing them off?

While I appreciate the spirit of most rules of the Association, I do feel we the homeowners do need to be "policed" as we do our government. After all we the homeowners are supposed to be the Association.
Be safe
The Firemedic

City code prohibits parking on city streets for more than 72 hours at a time. However, every homeowner in the Parkway SIGNED AN AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THE CC&RS FOR THE PARKWAY which states that they will abide by those CC&Rs, which include not parking on the streets in the Parkway overnight. So, you have made an enforceable contract with your association to abide by those CC&Rs regardless of what the city code says.

#10 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(Terry @ Apr 16 2007, 11:31 AM) View Post
City code prohibits parking on city streets for more than 72 hours at a time. However, every homeowner in the Parkway SIGNED AN AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THE CC&RS FOR THE PARKWAY which states that they will abide by those CC&Rs, which include not parking on the streets in the Parkway overnight. So, you have made an enforceable contract with your association to abide by those CC&Rs regardless of what the city code says.

#11 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

Yes [b] I did sign an agreement not to park on the street over night and that not my issue but, they don't know who they are” ticketing". I have a file full of "ticket" notices sent to me for cars that do not belong to me or guest. I call the Homeowners and they remove it from my file. What if I spent the night at a home in Empire Ranch and parked on the street? I did not sign an agreement not to park on the street.
I have no problem with someone parking a work truck on their driveway. I do not want a "project cars" boat or RV parked long term on a driveway. RVs and Boats should have 48 or 72 hour limits. It would bee nice to take a trip in your RV and to be able to park it over night if you get home late/leaving early or need to clean it.
I am just trying to be a voice of reason.
The Firemedic

#12 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(firemedic238 @ Apr 16 2007, 04:48 PM) View Post
What if I spent the night at a home in Empire Ranch and parked on the street? I did not sign an agreement not to park on the street.

That's a good point. I assume that homeowners signed something to the effect of "occupants and their guests..." but that hardly seems enforceable.

Nonetheless, enforceable or not, from an ethical standpoint when I agree to something, I should keep my word, at least in spirit.

The few times I've needed to park something on the street, I've tracked down the Parkway security guy and told him, and it's not been a problem (e.g. no ticket).

#13 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:41 PM

I agree we should live by what we agreed to. We love living here in the parkway
Firemedic

#14 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Mar 26 2007, 09:23 PM) View Post
Heyyyyyyy Neighbor.....

Yes, you and the neighbors down the street from us are being unfairly targeted. Every time I see that little white car drive into our court, they take a loooooooong look at your house, and barely glance at anything else while they turn around. Then they take that same look at the house down the street, then they floor it out of the court.

Wow. That sucks!

#15 Washington

Washington

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:57 AM

I used to live in a neighborhood without any enforceable CC&R's and was not happy. People have varying tastes and some people just don't care. My old neighborhood definitely reflected that. Boats parked in driveways, people building fences out to the sidewalks, lack of landscaping, poor landscaping, house color schemes that don't enhance the neighborhood, people living in garages converted to rooms...I could go on and on.

I personally was looking forward to living in a neighborhood with strict rules, which is the reason I moved here. I love the consistent look of the neighborhood and love that I can report violations I spot to the HOA. In an unregulated neighborhood, good luck finding any mechanism of that nature. Almost everyone that has come to visit me was impressed with the look of the neighborhood.

I applaud the HOA and am grateful for everything they do. Yes, they can be nit-picky about some of their rules, but look how nice the neighborhood looks. From what I can tell, there is no other HOA as strict (and GOOD) as the Parkways. I love this place and sincerely hope they don't bend the rules for any circumstance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users