10 replies to this topic

#1 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

The new development going on Aerojet property is proposing to use Folsom's zip code. Rancho Cordova feels betrayed.
Aerojet is saying it's just a postal issue because our post office is better suited to serve the new area.

Is this the development that is also using our water?

http://sacramento.cb...e-its-zip-code/

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hey, I posted this in the Folsom section. Why did this get moved to the Rancho Cordova section? :P

#3 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

just spreading the wealth... :-)

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:18 AM

just spreading the wealth... :-)

Nicely played, sir.

Depending how this works out you may be adding a new neighborhood section.

#5 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

I read the article in the Grapevine about a week ago. If I understand correctly Aerojet asked the Rancho Cordova post office if it could handle the additional homes. They said no. Then Aerojet asked Folsom's post office and they said yes. If I recall correctly, three of four subdivisions would have a Folsom zip code and the other would be Rancho.

I understand the concerns of Rancho Cordova since they will be providing all the services to the homes: fire, police, etc., there will be confusion about who to contact when problems happen.

I don't understand why the new development doesn't use a new zip code, call it Rancho Cordova, and have the mail delivered from the Folsom post office. If it is a technical issue the post office needs to fix it; I believe they have a one zip code, one post office rule. Given that the post office will be shutting down possibly thousands of rural post offices, they better figure out how to associate multiple zip codes with a single office.

#6 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

Can ANYTHING happen in our world without SOMEONE getting angry or upset about it? It's like the default reaction to everything these days and it's really tiresome.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#7 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

it might be one of those moot points, cause it looks like the post office is going out of business soon. seems like back in the old days gold river, with its uppety folks wanted their own zip cause they didn't want to be associated with Rancho

#8 St.Knick

St.Knick

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

The area isn't Rancho Cordova. It's Sacramento County. Rancho provides no services, so they have no skin in the game. Sound like they are laying claim to something that's not theirs to begin with. That usually means some crooked politician has something up his sleeve.

#9 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

The area isn't Rancho Cordova. It's Sacramento County. Rancho provides no services, so they have no skin in the game. Sound like they are laying claim to something that's not theirs to begin with. That usually means some crooked politician has something up his sleeve.

But I think that area is always been considered part of Rancho Cordova. If I remember correctly, Folsom had to work out revenue sharing with Rancho Cordova on the Folsom auto mall since it was in their sphere of influence and I think that businesses at Hazel and 50 have Rancho addresses.

#10 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

I understand the concerns of Rancho Cordova since they will be providing all the services to the homes: fire, police, etc., there will be confusion about who to contact when problems happen.

That's inaccurate. The county provides services to that area, not Rancho Cordova. Whether the area refers to itself as RC or Folsom, confused people will be confused and call police instead of the Sheriff, and such. Maybe they can come up with a new fancy name like Gold River and Granite Bay. Oak Hills...Gold Hills...Gold Flat...Wandering Cattle...
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#11 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

But I think that area is always been considered part of Rancho Cordova. If I remember correctly, Folsom had to work out revenue sharing with Rancho Cordova on the Folsom auto mall since it was in their sphere of influence and I think that businesses at Hazel and 50 have Rancho addresses.

That's also inaccurate. RC's sphere of influence only goes to Hazel. Folsom City (not SOI) includes most of the auto mall (no RC sharing). The one dealer on the south side of Folsom Blvd. is in Sac County, not Folsom. Aerojet does have some huge subdivisions that are part of RC, such as Rio Del Oro near the RC Costco. That makes sense since RC borders extend to Sunrise Blvd. to their east.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users