• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

We did this for a couple of years as a team for the Bullipedes run... this is basically what it has morphed in to. A 4-man "urban iditarod", where the team ferries a shopping cart to the finish line, collecting canned food.

I cannot make it this year, but I'd love to see if we can field a team. Not only do I think we can get a good team together, I think MyFolsom can put up a good showing by collecting food.

http://www.bullsandbrews.com/#!HOME/mainPage

To sweeten the pot, If you are on the MyFolsom team, I will give you a pair of free RiverCats tickets.

#2 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

We did this for a couple of years as a team for the Bullipedes run... this is basically what it has morphed in to. A 4-man "urban iditarod", where the team ferries a shopping cart to the finish line, collecting canned food.

I cannot make it this year, but I'd love to see if we can field a team. Not only do I think we can get a good team together, I think MyFolsom can put up a good showing by collecting food.

To sweeten the pot, If you are on the MyFolsom team, I will give you a pair of free RiverCats tickets.

LOL! This is what the mobile version says under "about us"
All your favourite chinese dishes a phone call away. Free delivery within a 10 mile radius. Ask for our special deals when calling and quote 'Chin123' for a 10% discount on your order.
May Special: FREE Prawn Crackers for orders over $10 

#3 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

this is such a cute idea! way to go!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#4 gm2005

gm2005

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

It sounds like fun. I am interested

#5 Mays

Mays

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Ok, I'll be that guy... I don't get it. Why is it called "Iditarod"

And yes, I know what the Iditarod is, I've been to Nome Alaska and stood at the finish line.
I guess I'm just missing something.

#6 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

What is the Bulls & Brews Urban Iditarod?
The Bulls & Brews Urban Iditarod takes the famous Alaskan Iditarod race and replaces the dogs with people, snow gear is replaced by wacky costumes and the sleds are shopping carts. This one-of-kind event incorporates a food drive, costume contest and a whole bunch of silliness to end up with a great time for everyone.

Sounds like fun....that is...to watch. But I will be busy with my personal trainer, so be sure to take lots of pictures!! :2thumbsup:

#7 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Ok, I'll be that guy... I don't get it. Why is it called "Iditarod"

And yes, I know what the Iditarod is, I've been to Nome Alaska and stood at the finish line.
I guess I'm just missing something.

Because you treat the shopping cart like a sled with your team hooked to the front like race dogs. I assume one person is behind the cart as the musher to keep the cart and team on track.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users