36 replies to this topic

#31 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

Still, the posters, banners and other visible signs proclaiming membership of NRA is the best deterrent

#32 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:46 PM

Are any of you gun owners going to the big reno gun show in a week?

#33 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(northlexer @ Aug 14 2008, 05:46 PM) View Post
Are any of you gun owners going to the big reno gun show in a week?

not me.

I've been to a couple at Cal EXPO, picked up some empty military ammo cans one time.

But fundamentally, when I decide I want to buy a new gun or ammo or anything, I'm not going to wait for a show to go to, and so usually when shows come around, it's not when I'm interested in spending money on things I don't feel a need for at the moment.
I would rather be Backpacking

#34 jdizon

jdizon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:32 AM

The thing to keep in mind, a security system should be designed around your needs as well as the unique conditions in and around your home. The typical $99 package deals do not address all situations. Talking to a local professional will be your best bet, ultimately the choice is yours, do not let a sales monkey pressure you into a system which does not suite you and your needs.

As for wireless, the technology is far from perfect, in my opinion, the flaws by far weigh out the benefits. As for X-10, I've seen bad things happen to good people, unless you like false alarms I would stay away. I used to use their line carrier stuff for Home automation, although it is nice in principle it is what it is... a cheap solution.

#35 james_locksmith

james_locksmith

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

GE Security from US Alarm is the best home alarm system i have ever found

#36 Katherine22

Katherine22

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

House alarm systems depends not only on the technology and equipment that have been built, but more than that, they also consider the layout of the house and how much security is necessary to ensure that these alarm systems are effective. They consider the distance from the doors and windows alarm, and also take into account the length of the cables needed to connect these cables, the main systems. And 'the customer decides the number of doors and windows, you want to connect the entire system. They should also consider the place where they put the control panels and keyboards, as well as alarms.

Alarmanlage Haus

#37 Walnut

Walnut

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

Bay Alarm is pretty good. I have used their equipment and monitoring service on two houses over the last 10 years, and been pretty satisfied. They are a very customer-oriented company; staff is very professional and friendly and competent. They way I see it, they are big enough to have resources, but not so big that they don't care. Nice secure web site where you can update contact numbers if needed.

As for the cutting the phone line debate, Bay offers a radio backup. If the alarm control unit senses loss of dial-tone at the wired line, and an alarm is triggered, it will make a cell call instead. Costs a few dollars more a month, but I don't care. Others may offer this, so look for it when you shop around.

Another failsafe to consider, the control unit should contain a rechargeable battery for the alarm, control panel, radio, and siren, to get it through many hours of power outage (or if a thief opens your breaker panel and snaps the main breaker in an attempt to disable your alarm).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users