• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 07:37 AM

a little while ago some our neighborhood got some flier on our doors from a legal company talking about a lawsuit against out home builders, Kaufman & Broad (aka K&B Home). Basically talking about shoddy workmanship and poor quality homes.

A few days later we got fliers from a neighbor talking about how this lawsuit would be frivolous and only bring our home values down, with little or no money going back to the homeowners, only the lawyers.

Any K&b homeowners have any insight on this?

Here's an article about it if this is news to you...
http://www.folsomtel...&ArticleID=1711

#2 firecracker

firecracker

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:20 PM

I have not heard of K&b homes in Folsom having any problems. However, because of K&B homes' bad reputation I will not purchase a home built by them.

I would recommend to anyone buying a home new or used to have it inspected prior to closing. Whenever, I purchase a home I use Earl Johnson at Chase Home inspection Group (916) 441-1800. He recently saved me from purchasing a used home that have $7500 or more in termite damage that the seller was trying to hide.

I was previously adviced not to buy a home built by Beazer or K&B buy various inspectors. Even the new ones.

#3 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:29 PM

Yes you are right john, watchout for the lawsuits brought on by the greedy lawyers!!!! who care nothing about u.

#4 clearwater

clearwater

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:09 PM

I also chose not to buy K&B crackerbox homes when I came to Folsom.
My reasons were obvious poor quality and CHEAP construction on a NEW home.
May the Force ( Kerry / Edwards) be with you...

#5 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:50 PM

The lawsuit definitely seems like a Catch-22 for homeowners.

On the one hand, homeowners want (and probably deserve) some recompense for shoddy features in their new homes.

On the other hand, participation in the lawsuit would by definition brand one's home a "lemon" -- a home so bad that the homeowner had to sue the builder! This could have a major negative impact on resale value.

Time does tend to heal all wounds, however. When we bought our house, we learned that when the house was new (about 12 years before), the previous owner had sued the builder because the roof leaked and the builder would not repair it adequately. Our inspector assured us that the roof was now fine, so the prior litigation did not dissuade us from buying the house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users