- - - - -

Habit Burger Coming To Folsom!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

It looks like it might being in where Bella Bru used to be.

Saw the sign today, can't wait !

#32 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Little known fact: Del Taco has excellent burgers

Another little known fact: Karen's bakery makes awesome burgers (but obviously not at the same price point as Del Taco.

Been to the Habit in SLO and on Sunrise. Both were good. I'd take it over In-n-Out or Smashburger, although I like them both.

#33 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

Another little known fact: Karen's bakery makes awesome burgers (but obviously not at the same price point as Del Taco.

Been to the Habit in SLO and on Sunrise. Both were good. I'd take it over In-n-Out or Smashburger, although I like them both.

I didn't know that a bakery would make burgers. But it leads me to ask the question, what is the bun like? For me, the bun should be light and airy, almost tasteless, definitely minimum in texture. Some people might like a burger on a ciabatta roll, not me. If the bread is too heavy, it ruins the burger IMO. I don't even like those yellow buns or potato buns some places use.
"And the Wind cries Mary"

#34 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

The MyFolsom burger project tried Karen's. Others liked it a lot, I wasn't a fan.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#35 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Mel's has that big old sourdough bun. Besides that.....50/50 on Mel's. Great burgers though.

#36 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

I didn't know that a bakery would make burgers. But it leads me to ask the question, what is the bun like? For me, the bun should be light and airy, almost tasteless, definitely minimum in texture. Some people might like a burger on a ciabatta roll, not me. If the bread is too heavy, it ruins the burger IMO. I don't even like those yellow buns or potato buns some places use.

I forget exactly what type of bun Karen's has, but I remember it being a substantial bun. I don't think it's up your alley.

#37 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

I forget exactly what type of bun Karen's has, but I remember it being a substantial bun. I don't think it's up your alley.

Thanks, I was afraid that might be the case.
"And the Wind cries Mary"

#38 mando

mando

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

From their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/habitburger

Announcing THREE great pre-opening charity events for our new Folsom Habit located at 1115 E. Bidwell St. near CVS.

From 12-2pm on Sunday, 7/8 100% of ALL PROCEEDS will go to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Assocation. www.mda.org

From 5-7pm on Sunday, 7/8 all proceeds will go to benefit CRAEF/Pro-Start, helping high school kids learn about careers in food service. www.calrest.org/foundation/

And from 12-2pm on Monday, 7/9 all proceeds will go to benefit the Folsom Zoo Sanctuary! Hope to see you at one or all of our charity events. :) www.folsomzoofriends.org

Also:

The Habit will be officially opening in Folsom on Wednesday, July 11th! 1115 E. Bidwell st. off Blue Ravine near CVS. We will also have some fun pre-opening charity events on Sunday and Monday. Stay tuned for more to come!

#39 mando

mando

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Free burgers right now!

#40 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Free burgers right now!

Went there for lunch today, great place, great burgers! I'm really happy this place is in town now, I used to go to the original one when I worked in Santa Barbara.

All the other burger joints in town should be worried, The Habit is even better than In-n-out IMO.

It's really cool that they are doing this weekends soft opening with the free food today and tomorrows donations to charity, the owner is really giving a lot to the community.

The staff was well prepared and handled the large crowd very well. I think they are going to do great here and may even breath life into other local stores nearby.

Posted Image

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#41 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Just had dinner there(actually brought it home) . Loved the char-broiled meat, very tasty and not at all greedy. The mushroom swiss burger , lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion(raw). Very good flavor. Son had tri-tip on wheat w/ bbq sauce. Tasted great but the roll didn't hold up well and as a result made for messy eating. Choc shakes were very good as well. I'd compare to Burgerocity and Smash Burger, prices also comparable to those. Better than SB, as good or slightly better than Bo'C. I liked better than InOtoo.

#42 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Love The Habit. Have never understood AT ALL the fascination with In N Out (low-grade dog meat).
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#43 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

I haven't been able to go out to eat for awhile and this was on my short list of places to try.

I enjoyed my simple meal here -- the single seemed a little small for me (I need my protein :)). The double (no cheese) and an order of sweet potato fries was great. Taste and texture was great. Everything seemed fresh. The counter girls were very friendly and cheerful; cleanup service was timely and non-intrusive.

Clean, good food, good service, reasonable prices. I like it here.

Better than In-n-Out: Seemed like better food quality and better tasting. And fries are much better (crisp and tasty; not limpy and oil saturated).

Parity w/ Smashburger: Smashburgers are a little juicier, maybe a little more flavorful. But Habit seemed a little fresher. I don't know -- mostly a toss-up.

#44 ralphm

ralphm

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Actually, In n Out uses Harris Ranch beef. Hard to argue with their success - even if it isn't your cup of tea. Viva la competition.

#45 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Actually, In n Out uses Harris Ranch beef. Hard to argue with their success - even if it isn't your cup of tea. Viva la competition.

Harris Ranch is respectable. But which cut? Seems a little tough and dry usually.....

I'd go to In-n-out; I'd usually rather go hungry for another 4-6 hours than go to McD/BK/TB etc.

But for me, Habit was better overall; it's also more expensive. Cost agnostic, I'd probably choose Habit but I'd go to In-N-Out in a pinch still:

1,2) Habit, Smashburger
3) In-Out
4) Will not go to McD/BK/etc.

I do like Mos Burger (in Japan) -- that is tasty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users