94 replies to this topic

#91 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Are you suggesting your response was intellectually better?

Sometimes you just have to take a stand. "Leaders" need to understand there are consequences to their decisions. In my case my decision is not to support a county that makes poor decisions like destroying the history of the area. In my case I've already put my decision into practice. So yes - my decision is intellectually better.

#92 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'm sorry, I must have missed a post, or perhaps it has been deleted? What does boycotting EDH because of their leaders have to do with a decision in Folsom to allow co-share of a trail for rail and bikes?

Seriously, did I miss something?

This is in response to granto's post (#74).
I choose not to spend my money in El Dorado County. I don't need to eat, see movies or shop in that county. I must admit about the only thing I'll miss is Apple Hill.

#93 AccutaneT

AccutaneT

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

Your comment is very good:)

#94 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

This is in response to granto's post (#74).
I choose not to spend my money in El Dorado County. I don't need to eat, see movies or shop in that county. I must admit about the only thing I'll miss is Apple Hill.

ok-I see it now.

But....Posted Image
If ED County makes decision to clear rail and turn it into a trail, they would have to stop at sac county line.

I think with some ingenuity we could capitalize on that. Make it a touristy thing (that end of rail line).

#95 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Without those inspections, anyone replaces it with an aftermarket pipe because it's cheaper, louder, and cooler.

...and unfortunately, the teenagers who think that louder bikes are cooler become middle-aged Hell's Angels wanabee Harley owners with no concept of why we have noise ordinances in the first place. Which is way off the original topic, so to make it somewhat relevant...at least the spandex Lance wannabees don't wake up every neighborhood within 2 miles every when they decide to take a joy ride!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users