239 replies to this topic

#1 Brett911

Brett911

Hall Of Famer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:09 PM

we all have opinions on what's good. how about the "I would never eat there again places?"
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." -- Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

#2 DougP

DougP

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE(Brett911 @ Jun 2 2005, 08:09 PM)
we all have opinions on what's good.  how about the "I would never eat there again places?"

View Post

I hate to say it (since my wife likes the one in Auburn) but Bobo Cafe. Every meal I've had there has tasted like it's been warmed up in a microwave and has the texture of nasal mucus.

The only truly good thing I've had there are their spring rolls that have not been fried.

#3 fantomu

fantomu

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

bobo's pwnz you!!!!!!!

but ummmmmmm mc donalds by 24 hour work out sucks, i get the runs when i order there food.......LOL
게이머를 위한 인스턴트 메신저
user posted image

#4 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

I didn't care for Pot Belly Deli. My burger was not very good, and my wife didn't care for the salad with canned fruit...

#5 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(fantomu @ Jun 2 2005, 09:28 PM)
bobo's pwnz you!!!!!!!
but ummmmmmm mc donalds by 24 hour work out sucks, i get the runs when i order there food.......LOL

View Post

You should stop ordering the McUndercooked Pork Nuggets.
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#6 fantomu

fantomu

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

i snorted the ketchup thats why >_>
게이머를 위한 인스턴트 메신저
user posted image

#7 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:05 PM

Taiko Sushi...it doesn't live up to the name the on off of Sunrise created. When my mom and I went the service was just as bad as the food, we both ended up not finishing our meals and getting a burger from Wendey's on the way back home.
"We must recognize that this short life can neither be ennobled or enriched by hatred or revenge."

RFK

#8 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:38 AM

We will never ever return to Cabos on Folsom-Auburn Rd. Friends suggested we meet there for dinner. I thought the food and atmosphere were awful. Some friends joker.gif

#9 YabYum

YabYum

Banned

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:40 AM

i don't know why i feel bad saying this, but.....Hacienda del Rio (or whatever that Mex place is called on Sutter Street). also wasnt' very impressed with the Mexican restaurant on Natoma Street (Sol Azteca?), or the Kabob House (Greek) on Bidwell. sad.gif

#10 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(Farley @ Jun 3 2005, 08:38 AM)
We will never ever return to Cabos on Folsom-Auburn Rd.  Friends suggested we meet there for dinner.  I thought the food and atmosphere were awful.  Some friends  joker.gif

View Post

Hmmm...we went there this week. I like that place a lot. Excellent Chimichangas. Could it be a certain picture near the door that garners your disdain? biggrin.gif

Oh, and swmr, nhardy is on his way to your place to convince you that Taiko is the best damn sushi place ever invented.

#11 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE(YabYum @ Jun 3 2005, 07:40 AM)
i don't know why i feel bad saying this, but.....Hacienda del Rio (or whatever that Mex place is called on Sutter Street). also wasnt' very impressed with the Mexican restaurant on Natoma Street (Sol Azteca?), or the Kabob House (Greek) on Bidwell. sad.gif

View Post

I felt that way at first. I would agree that they are not the best, but the key is finding a dish that they do well. For me at The Hacienda, they have just excellent shredded beef tacos. That's all I get there. Of course, sitting out on the deck w/ a margarita and chips is nice.

Sol Azteca had an excellent carne asada on special a few weeks ago. They're chips and salsa are very good, and the margaritas are hard to beat.

My summer challenge might be to determine which one of these (Sol Azteca or teh Hacienda) has the best margarita. That might be another thread entirely or the next MyFolsom get together.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#12 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Jun 3 2005, 08:51 AM)
I felt that way at first. I would agree that they are not the best, but the key is finding a dish that they do well. For me at The Hacienda, they have just excellent shredded beef tacos. That's all I get there. Of course, sitting out on the deck w/ a margarita and chips is nice.

Sol Azteca had an excellent carne asada on special a few weeks ago. They're chips and salsa are very good, and the margaritas are hard to beat.

My summer challenge might be to determine which one of these (Sol Azteca or teh Hacienda) has the best margarita. That might be another thread entirely or the next MyFolsom get together.

View Post

I can see the headline now:

Website Gathering Erupts into Violence
Debate over fruit-flavored margaritas leaves 6 injured

#13 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:00 AM

Two terrible places two eat. Fake Chinese food all around!

1. Panda Express <- This is junk right here. Thats why you dont see asians eating here

2. Jennies Palace <- I just dont like their food.

#14 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(swmr545 @ Jun 2 2005, 10:05 PM)
Taiko Sushi...it doesn't live up to the name the on off of Sunrise created.  When my mom and I went the service was just as bad as the food, we both ended up not finishing our meals and getting a burger from Wendey's on the way back home.

View Post

no kidding? I've always had excellent service there and the foods always been great. Wonder why you had a bad experience - I"m really surprised to hear this about that place.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#15 YabYum

YabYum

Banned

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Jun 3 2005, 07:51 AM)

View Post

i will agree with you on two points:

(a) Sol Azteca has bad-a*s salsa.
(b) Hacienda del Rio has a nice balcony. tongue.gif

Unfortunately, the margarita's i've had at Hacienda have been some of the nastiest i've ever had. No exageration. Maybe I need to go back and try again someday. And, now that I think about it, it may be that July 4th is to blame. I remember they were offering "red, white, and blue" colored margaritas for the holiday a few years ago, and they were nearly undrinkable. blush.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users