Photo

Did You Ever Spend The Night At Sutter's Fort?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa in Folsom

Lisa in Folsom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Did you ever get to spend the night at Sutter's Fort when you were in 4th Grade?

The Friends of Sutter's Fort is celebrating the 35th Anniversary of the ELP (Overnight) program by holding a fundraising event on June 4. Tickets are $35 for adults, $20 for kids and there will be dinner, music, dancing, lots of fun projects and a silent auction. It is open to the public with pre-purchased tickets and is a great way to support this favorite State Historic Park.

Tickets are available at www.suttersfort.org

Attached File  Twilight Return to the Fort.jpg   120.02K   3 downloads

#2 puppylover

puppylover

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

I have. It is so much fun!

#3 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

they used to do a candle light halloween at sutter's fort. very very cool!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#4 doj_gal

doj_gal

MyFolsom's Back at it Kid!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

OOOooohhh! I want to take my family! Thanks for sharing!

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

I did the overnight 6 years ago. I also trained to be a docent and was a trapper for the day prior to spending the night. The park not only had the school kids, but it was also open to the public. I had a great time selecting "period" gear for my outfit and talking with the kids and tourists during the day. The sleeping was a little rough as there were so many kids that they took all the decent indoor locations. Our choice was to sleep in the jails or the stables...I chose stables. It wasn't the most comfortable campout I ever had :) But it was a great time and I definitely recommend it. Being a docent was a blast as well.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#6 Lisa in Folsom

Lisa in Folsom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

I did the overnight 6 years ago. I also trained to be a docent and was a trapper for the day prior to spending the night. The park not only had the school kids, but it was also open to the public. I had a great time selecting "period" gear for my outfit and talking with the kids and tourists during the day. The sleeping was a little rough as there were so many kids that they took all the decent indoor locations. Our choice was to sleep in the jails or the stables...I chose stables. It wasn't the most comfortable campout I ever had :) But it was a great time and I definitely recommend it. Being a docent was a blast as well.

Joe-
It is a great program and thankfully the Fort was not on the closure list! The fundraising for this kind of program is being stepped up, so it is a good time to show your support (without having to sleep in the "stables")! It will be a fun evening - you should come!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users