17 replies to this topic

#16 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

not a big fan of boucanes.  the beans had a garlic flavor that didn't seem right.  and it was expensive.  Love Dickeys usually.  Going to Lucilles is like going to Disneyland, with all their themed decoration.  fun for family groups too.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#17 redman

redman

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

I really want to love Bouchanes, because the owners are really nice and it's obvious they put a lot of effort into their food. But the BBQ style is different and my wife in particular is not a fan. Their style is not very smoky at all, though the meat was VERY tender and I thought it had a good flavor. But when we think of BBQ we look for a deep smoky flavor, spicy sweet BBQ sauce cooked to a nice glaze on the outside, and plenty of "bark" (the dark burnt crunchy bits). Lucille's does this better than any other place in the area. Their St Louis ribs in particular are amazing.

#18 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

Yeah I found their BBQ really bland, no smoke flavor at all, and no bark which I like.  I was a bit surprised by all the rave reviews on Yelp after eating there. 

I think Dickeys around the corner also does a pretty good job on ribs.  I always get the rib plate when I go there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users