1 reply to this topic

#1 PJF

PJF

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

Upgraded Lime Green 1999 Specialized FSR Stump Jumper XC (17" Medium Size Frame, I'm 5'11" 180lb) for sale by original owner. If you know Specialized bikes, the FSR design/geometry is legendary and has made this bike design the best in mountain bike circles. I bought this bike in 2000 and have upgraded and babied it from day one; it’s in great condition! Although it’s seen off-road trails, it’s definitely been on asphalt more than the dirt. Here is a list of the upgrades I have put into the bike and also some of the new parts I just had put on.

Upgrades:
MRP X-Rated Link & Bearing Kit – If Specialized ever had a weak point on the FSR design, it was the link. I purchased the MRP link to give the bike stiffer lateral movement and an increase of about ½” of travel on the rear shock. Also all pivot points were upgraded from bushings to bearings. Check out the review in MTBR. - $200
Fox Float R Rear Suspension Shock (Original Float) - $250
Easton EC70 Seat Post (Original Ritchey) - $80
Specialized Ergonomic Seat (Original Ritchey) - $40
Shimano XT Front Derailleur (Original Shimano LX) - $50
Shimano XT V-Brakes (Original Avid) - $80

New Parts:
Shimano Deore Front Shifters
Shimano Deore Rear Derailleur
XC Style Handle Bars

Why am I selling my pride and joy? After riding an all mountain bike in Seattle recently, I realized that I’m more into the downhill stuff versus cross-country. A relative got me a great deal on a Kona at his bike shop and I now have no need for 2 bikes. Thanks.

Call me if you would like to see pictures or have any questions.
Paul
916-220-4241
$550 OBO

#2 PJF

PJF

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(PJF @ Feb 17 2008, 02:40 PM) View Post
Upgraded Lime Green 1999 Specialized FSR Stump Jumper XC (17" Medium Size Frame, I'm 5'11" 180lb) for sale by original owner. If you know Specialized bikes, the FSR design/geometry is legendary and has made this bike design the best in mountain bike circles. I bought this bike in 2000 and have upgraded and babied it from day one; it’s in great condition! Although it’s seen off-road trails, it’s definitely been on asphalt more than the dirt. Here is a list of the upgrades I have put into the bike and also some of the new parts I just had put on.

Upgrades:
MRP X-Rated Link & Bearing Kit – If Specialized ever had a weak point on the FSR design, it was the link. I purchased the MRP link to give the bike stiffer lateral movement and an increase of about ½” of travel on the rear shock. Also all pivot points were upgraded from bushings to bearings. Check out the review in MTBR. - $200
Fox Float R Rear Suspension Shock (Original Float) - $250
Easton EC70 Seat Post (Original Ritchey) - $80
Specialized Ergonomic Seat (Original Ritchey) - $40
Shimano XT Front Derailleur (Original Shimano LX) - $50
Shimano XT V-Brakes (Original Avid) - $80

New Parts:
Shimano Deore Front Shifters
Shimano Deore Rear Derailleur
XC Style Handle Bars

Why am I selling my pride and joy? After riding an all mountain bike in Seattle recently, I realized that I’m more into the downhill stuff versus cross-country. A relative got me a great deal on a Kona at his bike shop and I now have no need for 2 bikes. Thanks.

Call me if you would like to see pictures or have any questions.
Paul
916-220-4241
$550 OBO

SOLD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users