• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 calgamerlanparties

calgamerlanparties

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I work as a Java programmer by day, dad by night, and Halo 2 player when I can squeeze it in. I enjoy using my small business, Calgamer Lanparties, to help out with community and school fundraisers; it's been a really positive aspect of this little side business of mine that compliments the usual birthday party activities with some real community benefit.

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:05 PM

I've been running a xbox party business from here in Elk Grove. I wanted to let people know of any opportunity to start your own gaming business. I've having a good time running the business and it was growing nicely, but I became a victim of my own success. The more parties I booked, the more family time I lost. The operation was a side job for me. I've got a 7 and 4 yr old at home and will be stopping by business Calgamer Lanparties at the end of the year, or selling any time before that.

If you wanted to get into a turn key operation, feel free to contact me. I'd recommend the business for anyone who can deal with the weekend nature of the business better than I could. One of my original customers expressed interest in buying me out when they heard I was closing. Until then I had only thought to sell off my stuff in bits and pieces. Now though, I see the value that my little operation might have to anyone who, like me, sees the untapped nature of the xbox at a birthday party, lan party, business.

Feel free to check out my website to see what I've been delivering for people over the last year. Feel free to call, or tell a friend, if you know anyone who wants an xbox party, or to rent the equipment for running a tournament, before the year is out.

Cheers,
Andrew Hamilton
Owner of Calgamer Lanparties

#2 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:11 PM

This sounds like a very well-thought out and researched venture, sadly I'm not capable of running a business just yet, in 5 years i'll have my mba though wink.gif
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#3 Brett911

Brett911

Hall Of Famer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(uberman @ Aug 18 2005, 06:11 PM)
This sounds like a very well-thought out and researched venture, sadly I'm not capable of running a business just yet, in 5 years i'll have my mba though wink.gif

View Post

an MBA does not qualify or non-qualify you to run a business. just thought you might want to know that before you set an expectation that may not be a requirement.
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." -- Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

#4 calgamerlanparties

calgamerlanparties

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I work as a Java programmer by day, dad by night, and Halo 2 player when I can squeeze it in. I enjoy using my small business, Calgamer Lanparties, to help out with community and school fundraisers; it's been a really positive aspect of this little side business of mine that compliments the usual birthday party activities with some real community benefit.

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:52 AM

In either case, thanks for the compliment. I obviously didn't think all aspects of it through...like it's impact on my personal life, or how that impact would increase as I succeeded.

#5 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(Brett911 @ Aug 18 2005, 09:11 PM)
an MBA does not qualify or non-qualify you to run a business.  just thought you might want to know that before you set an expectation that may not be a requirement.

View Post

yes, i'm aware of that....
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#6 calgamerlanparties

calgamerlanparties

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:43 PM

Everybody be cool to each other. Come on. banghead.gif

#7 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:04 AM

only xbox?

#8 calgamerlanparties

calgamerlanparties

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:59 PM

Yep. only the best.

#9 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:00 AM

Why arent there any companies with Super Nintendos?

Wouldnt it be great to go over with a coupla buddies and play a game of Secret of Mana together?

#10 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(Selbstbeobachtung @ Aug 24 2005, 09:00 AM)
Why arent there any companies with Super Nintendos?

Wouldnt it be great to go over with a coupla buddies and play a game of Secret of Mana together?

View Post

That would be oh so cool! That was one of my first RPG! I was introduced by my husband! How bout an early Final Fantasy?

#11 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:33 PM

i always like FFVI for the SNES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users