8 replies to this topic

#1 StevePT

StevePT

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

When is the parade? Is it for 4th of July? Will it be Saturday morning?

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

What parade? No parade on the 4th that I know of.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 StevePT

StevePT

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (camay2327 @ Jun 28 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What parade? No parade on the 4th that I know of.

Every year there is a little parade in the Parkway, all the kids decorate their bike,scooter, wagon, stroller, ect. My daughter is old enough now to participate, I just can't remember what holiday it is on!

#4 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

Rancho Cordova has a parade every year. It is pretty decent. My kids are personally looking forward to riding the trains out on the Sacramento Valley Live Steamers area at the back of Hagan Park; its way better than the one in Lyon's Park.

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

Folsoms' major parade is on Veteran's Day every year.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#6 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (StevePT @ Jun 28 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When is the parade? Is it for 4th of July? Will it be Saturday morning?

It's Saturday morning. I'm not sure of the time but if I remember correctly it's been around 9:00 am in prior years.

#7 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

9 or 930 at the park on Pond View. Longer parade this year than last. It looks like it'll be going all through the parkways this year.

#8 StevePT

StevePT

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (MikeinFolsom @ Jun 29 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
9 or 930 at the park on Pond View. Longer parade this year than last. It looks like it'll be going all through the parkways this year.

Thank you!!!!

#9 mando

mando

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:02 AM

Just got this from the neighborhood instigator smile.gif

Hi ... (and other interested parade-ers) - we are scheduled (as usual) to meet on Saturday (July 4th) at Cohn Park by 8:45am. The parade starts at 9am. We have the Folsom Fire Dept. leading the way. The parade route now includes Parkway Phase II (we have combined parades this year) - Cohn Park to Parkway Drive to Thurman to Scheidigger to Willow Bend and back to the Cohn Park. So it's a little bit longer - but a lot more people. Same drill as years gone by - decorate the bikes, wear patriotic stuff, etc. I think this will be our tenth year of the Parkway Parade - so our advertising budget has been rolled into our parade budget (which are both $0). See you on Saturday. Please share this with your neighbors.

Parade Time temperature has been forecasted at 76 degrees. Should be perfect!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users