3 replies to this topic

#1 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:29 AM

Can anyone make a suggestion for ponds in Folsom where children can feed the ducks (or other birds and perhaps float a boat?

#2 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:47 AM

Nimbus above the dam is great for this
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#3 fromhnl

fromhnl

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (olivia @ Feb 13 2010, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can anyone make a suggestion for ponds in Folsom where children can feed the ducks (or other birds and perhaps float a boat?

One of the popular duck/geese/seagull ponds is in an area bordering a few different communities.
There is an entrance off of Silberhorn Dr. cross over the bridge and turn left and follow the paved trail
around to the duck pond. Those birds are well fed! LOL This same pond is accessible from the
'new' Parkway (Bowman I think is the street) and from Houston Court in the "old" Parkway. This is
a fun area to walkto from the many different neighborhoods for walkers, runners, bikers and the stroller
crowd. It might be pretty difficult to access the water to float a boat, however. It's a bit marshy on the outskirts of the pond with a lot of vegetation.

#4 curiousity

curiousity

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (fromhnl @ Feb 13 2010, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the popular duck/geese/seagull ponds is in an area bordering a few different communities.
There is an entrance off of Silberhorn Dr. cross over the bridge and turn left and follow the paved trail
around to the duck pond. Those birds are well fed! LOL This same pond is accessible from the
'new' Parkway (Bowman I think is the street) and from Houston Court in the "old" Parkway. This is
a fun area to walkto from the many different neighborhoods for walkers, runners, bikers and the stroller
crowd. It might be pretty difficult to access the water to float a boat, however. It's a bit marshy on the outskirts of the pond with a lot of vegetation.

What HNL said.

See google maps for location
It's a summertime satellite image so the dark area is dried up, but this is the Pond described above.

I would discourage gas powered RC boats, they would scare the birds, quiet battery powered should be OK, but as stated above, it's kinda marshy in places, not an ideal RC boat location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users