13 replies to this topic

#1 karlamlindsey

karlamlindsey

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

Our six-toed, one-year old tortoise shell cat, Ember, is missing. If you have any information, please call 817-8909. We live in Eschelman Court. She's not chipped, but does have a collar. Our toddler really misses her "favorite kitty"...

#2 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

Our indoor cat went missing on 7/2/10. She is a year old orange and white. Indoor cat with a chip. She has snuck out of the house before but, never left the yard.

#3 karlamlindsey

karlamlindsey

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (firemedic238 @ Jul 4 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our indoor cat went missing on 7/2/10. She is a year old orange and white. Indoor cat with a chip. She has snuck out of the house before but, never left the yard.

Our cats disappeared the same day then. Ember was MIA during the daytime too, she didn't even come in for her normal eating schedule, etc. I'll keep an eye out for both of them.

#4 Emmys Mom

Emmys Mom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (karlamlindsey @ Jul 4 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our cats disappeared the same day then. Ember was MIA during the daytime too, she didn't even come in for her normal eating schedule, etc. I'll keep an eye out for both of them.

I live on the street behind you...your kitty looks familiar..I will definitely keep an eye out. I know 2 of our neighbors are out of town, Ill go hold my ear up to their garages tomorrow to see if I hear anything. Hope you find her soon, BTW great job on the fliers smile.gif

#5 karlamlindsey

karlamlindsey

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Emmys Mom @ Jul 4 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live on the street behind you...your kitty looks familiar..I will definitely keep an eye out. I know 2 of our neighbors are out of town, Ill go hold my ear up to their garages tomorrow to see if I hear anything. Hope you find her soon, BTW great job on the fliers smile.gif

Thank you! I really appreciate it! Glad the fliers caught your attention too. =)

#6 karlamlindsey

karlamlindsey

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (firemedic238 @ Jul 4 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you heard of this site or know anyone who's tried it? It's "Amber Alert" for pets.

http://www.petamberalert.com/

I've read some disturbing forums about neighbors wanting to "get rid" of cats. Just made me more upset.

#7 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (karlamlindsey @ Jul 6 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you heard of this site or know anyone who's tried it? It's "Amber Alert" for pets.

http://www.petamberalert.com/

I've read some disturbing forums about neighbors wanting to "get rid" of cats. Just made me more upset.

I'm always suspicious of companies preying on the emotionally vulnerable.
http://www.ktla.com/...,0,600340.story
http://www.scamrepor...?fldNewsID=2234

#8 karlamlindsey

karlamlindsey

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (MrsTuffPaws @ Jul 6 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm always suspicious of companies preying on the emotionally vulnerable.
http://www.ktla.com/...,0,600340.story
http://www.scamrepor...?fldNewsID=2234

Thanks. Bummer...

#9 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

If you haven't already done so, you may want to contact Blue Ravine Animal Hospital (984-0990) and/or Cindy Waldon at City of Folsom (439-2268) to notify them of your lost cats. The animal hospitals acts as a shelter here in Folsom.

#10 karlamlindsey

karlamlindsey

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (ducky @ Jul 6 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you haven't already done so, you may want to contact Blue Ravine Animal Hospital (984-0990) and/or Cindy Waldon at City of Folsom (439-2268) to notify them of your lost cats. The animal hospitals acts as a shelter here in Folsom.

Thanks, I've done a few things now (thanks to suggestions from people and shelters):

-Contacted Cindy Waldon/City of Folsom
-Craig's List Lost & Found
-Sac County Shelter
-Sac SPCA
-Placer County SPCA
-El Dorado County Animal Services
-petharbor.com (SPCA suggestion - FREE unless you want to pay for printed pieces)
-Petamberalert.com (NOT Amberpetalert.com, which has been reported as a scam "spoofed" site of petamberalert.com). I don't know if this is a reputable site yet.
-Lakeside Pet Hospital
-Pet Smart
-Fliers around my home
-Facebook (my friends/neighbors only, obviously)
-This forum
-And I have yet to visit Blue Ravine Hospital, PetCo, the Feed Store, SacBee, etc.

It's a lot of work! No success yet. I visited a shelter today — there are SO MANY KITTENS and cats too (mostly kittens this time of year) that need to be adopted.

#11 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:41 PM

I REALLY hope your kitty comes home!!! I saw your name as the last poster and really hoped your message was FOUND and HOME SAFE HOME! So sad. sad.gif
QUOTE (karlamlindsey @ Jul 7 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, I've done a few things now (thanks to suggestions from people and shelters):

-Contacted Cindy Waldon/City of Folsom
-Craig's List Lost & Found
-Sac County Shelter
-Sac SPCA
-Placer County SPCA
-El Dorado County Animal Services
-petharbor.com (SPCA suggestion - FREE unless you want to pay for printed pieces)
-Petamberalert.com (NOT Amberpetalert.com, which has been reported as a scam "spoofed" site of petamberalert.com). I don't know if this is a reputable site yet.
-Lakeside Pet Hospital
-Pet Smart
-Fliers around my home
-Facebook (my friends/neighbors only, obviously)
-This forum
-And I have yet to visit Blue Ravine Hospital, PetCo, the Feed Store, SacBee, etc.

It's a lot of work! No success yet. I visited a shelter today — there are SO MANY KITTENS and cats too (mostly kittens this time of year) that need to be adopted.

#12 karlamlindsey

karlamlindsey

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (mac_convert @ Jul 8 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I REALLY hope your kitty comes home!!! I saw your name as the last poster and really hoped your message was FOUND and HOME SAFE HOME! So sad. sad.gif

Ah, thanks! If she comes home or I find her, I'll change the description to say she's been found. That'd be great. smile.gif

However, someone actually took down a ton of fliers I just put out last night. I guess they figure the posters are "litter." I plan on removing the rest of my fliers on Monday myself, but I'll keep checking shelters and other places.

#13 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

Karla, Cindy Walden works directly with Blue Ravine Animal Hospital so if they got a stray, chances are pretty good that she'd know about it. Every time I see you post, I hope that she's been found!.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#14 karlamlindsey

karlamlindsey

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (ChefRaven @ Jul 8 2010, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Karla, Cindy Walden works directly with Blue Ravine Animal Hospital so if they got a stray, chances are pretty good that she'd know about it. Every time I see you post, I hope that she's been found!.

Thanks.

My husband searched the adjacent fields and found a lot of intact, deseased rodents. Poisoned, probably. I asked Animal Services if it's okay to put out poison and I got the below response. Bottom line, second-hand poisoning is very possible. Outdoor cat owners should be aware. And if a cat brings a rodent back to fenced home where you have other cats or dogs, it could be an issue for them too. My future cats will be indoor only.

Animal Sevices: "They may put it on their property, and the rats and mice will go in search of water after ingesting it.  They can travel a little ways.  And yes it is possible for secondary poisoning to occur.  We had a coyote at the zoo die that way, the rodent came from a neighbor of the zoo who had put out poison.  Even if they eat the deceased animal, they can be poisoned."

I'm taking down our neighborhood fliers this weekend, but we aren't giving up hope for Ember!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users