Focus Groups - easy money

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 croxfordFiles

croxfordFiles

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Family, Baking, History, Reading, Education, Ethnic Foods, The Great Outdoors, Walking, Political activism, Travelling

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

It's no secret that times are hard for a lot of people right now.
Jobs are scarce and money hard to come by.
But, if you're looking for an easy way to occasionally supplement your income without making a huge commitment, consider taking part in a Focus Group.

Focus Groups are studies where a group of people are asked their opinions on products, marketing, services, packaging, display- you name it.

These sessions can last anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours and the pay range is just as large- from as low as $15 for a toy demo to upwards of $500 for a large corporate marketing survey.

If you sign up with a legitimate company (see below*) that conducts these groups, you always have the option of saying no and waiting for a better opportunity to come along. It lends you a lot of freedom and if you're like me you may just get lucky sometime & be picked for a major marketing test.

In the Winter of 2008 my family was one of several from around the country to participate in an in depth interview with a major corporate retailer (I cannot disclose their name).
They interviewed the entire family then followed us around while we shopped at their brand store, asking questions about the way we came to decisions about the things we choose to buy.
This whole experience ended up paying for our Christmas that year, a year that would have otherwise been very, very lean.

If you're like me and can always use a little extra for all the things that seem to come up when you least expect them to- give the following Focus Groups a try.
They're well worth your time & the minimal effort they require.

* http://www.opinionsofsac.com/
* http://www.elliottbenson.com/

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

I've been part of focus groups with Opinions of Sacramento, lots of fun. We once were in a focus group for the Hulk movie a few years back and I made an off-hand remark about the enormous prodtruding man-nipples on the movie poster (this was like a year after George Clooney's Bat-nipples) and how much I did not want to see them. 6 months later when the movie came out, I saw the same poster and they were gone. tongue.gif I just think it's funny that little things like that really do make a difference.

Anyone can sign up with them and if you are in the target demographic they will call you.

#3 croxfordFiles

croxfordFiles

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Family, Baking, History, Reading, Education, Ethnic Foods, The Great Outdoors, Walking, Political activism, Travelling

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

haha, that's funny, but yes that is the exact thing they're looking for.
We get called a lot for toy & food surveys. It's nice because they generally feed you AND pay you smile.gif

#4 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

Do you receive a W-2 at the end of the year, for that?

Pay taxes?

How does that work?

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

no, it's usually an envelope with $100 in it (or whatever they are paying) when you show up. However, they have to call you once you are on the list - and most the time you don't qualify. So if you qualify, and you can make it, and you show up, you get paid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users