Photo
- - - - -

Osh Store Remaining In Folsom? Can We Help This Happen?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:27 AM

Yes, knew OSH was bought by Lowes a few years ago and always wondered if our OSH would eventually close. I love shopping at OSH.  Yes, OSH does greet you almost immediately, however, they will show you where the item is, rather than just telling you which aisle.  I'm sure Lowe's has some experienced staff, but it seems to me that the OSH staff has more experience and knowledge and you get assurance and a sense that they've done the work you have questions about  from putting a faucet in, to fixing your sprinklers to how to remove old lacquer etc..    I will certainly miss OSH, if they don't relocate in Folsom, but I was thinking if they did wish to relocate, anyone have a suggestion as to where would be the best location?

#17 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:58 AM

Yes, knew OSH was bought by Lowes a few years ago and always wondered if our OSH would eventually close. I love shopping at OSH.  Yes, OSH does greet you almost immediately, however, they will show you where the item is, rather than just telling you which aisle.  I'm sure Lowe's has some experienced staff, but it seems to me that the OSH staff has more experience and knowledge and you get assurance and a sense that they've done the work you have questions about  from putting a faucet in, to fixing your sprinklers to how to remove old lacquer etc..    I will certainly miss OSH, if they don't relocate in Folsom, but I was thinking if they did wish to relocate, anyone have a suggestion as to where would be the best location?

The only thing I could think of is if the Walgreen's/Rite Aid thing goes through and Walgreen's decides to close the Rite Aid store at Glenn do you think that would be large enough?  That would take some time ( the lease is up in 2019), and it doesn't help the OSH employees who need a job now, unfortunately, and then the Rite Aid employees would need a job :(

#18 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

http://www.bizjourna...-in-folsom.html

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#19 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

Sorry to see OSH leave == have to head over to ACE to get customer service and small items... 

Nice to see Sprouts coming in though...  They have great produce and other stuff at reasonable prices...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#20 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

We just don't want to give up on OSH and it has been suggested that if people email OSH headquarters, they may stay in Folsom.  Maybe not in that building, but still in town.  Lots of friends (and myself) have now emailed them asking them to stay here.  If you are so inclined, pop them an email at feedback@osh.com.  Maybe we can get them to stay!

I asked one of the gals helping me in the plant department who said they're looking to relocate, likely to a smaller building and not across from another sports.

#21 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

I asked one of the gals helping me in the plant department who said they're looking to relocate, likely to a smaller building and not across from another sports.

What does "not across from another sports" mean?

If Rite Aid at Glenn ends up vacant, it might work out if they are looking for something smaller.  Maybe focus on the hardware and home & garden products not available at the big box stores and not so much the expensive outdoor furniture.

#22 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:34 PM

What does "not across from another sports" mean?

If Rite Aid at Glenn ends up vacant, it might work out if they are looking for something smaller.  Maybe focus on the hardware and home & garden products not available at the big box stores and not so much the expensive outdoor furniture.

I meant to say other spots (with similar stores nearby).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users