16 replies to this topic

#1 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

From an email alert via Nixle:

Community: Parolee at Large arrested after search

On Friday August 31st at 12:45 pm when a resident in the 200 block of Baurer Circle called the police to report a family member trying to force his way into the caller's home. The suspect, Timothy Forney (40) of Folsom, was identified as a parolee at large, wanted by the California Department of Corrections. Police received additional information that Forney may be armed with a handgun.

As officers arrived on scene, Forney left the house in a vehicle at a high rate of speed, lost control of the car, and crashed into a nearby fence. He fled his vehicle on foot into a residential yard. Officers set a perimeter, requested residents to shelter in place, and locked down nearby Oak Chan Elementary. Thirty five minutes after the incident began; Forney was arrested by officers without further incident. No one was injured as a result of Foreny's crimes.

Forney was arrested for his parole warrant, as well as several new charges including residential burglary.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#2 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

From an email alert via Nixle:

Community: Parolee at Large arrested after search

On Friday August 31st at 12:45 pm when a resident in the 200 block of Baurer Circle called the police to report a family member trying to force his way into the caller's home. The suspect, Timothy Forney (40) of Folsom, was identified as a parolee at large, wanted by the California Department of Corrections. Police received additional information that Forney may be armed with a handgun.

As officers arrived on scene, Forney left the house in a vehicle at a high rate of speed, lost control of the car, and crashed into a nearby fence. He fled his vehicle on foot into a residential yard. Officers set a perimeter, requested residents to shelter in place, and locked down nearby Oak Chan Elementary. Thirty five minutes after the incident began; Forney was arrested by officers without further incident. No one was injured as a result of Foreny's crimes.

Forney was arrested for his parole warrant, as well as several new charges including residential burglary.

I live next door to where this happened. That's not an entirely correct summary of what happened but close. The punk raced down the street at 100mph evading police until he crashed into the house next door where he was living. FPD was all over it and nabbed the guy.

Lots more to this story but no time to tell right now. Let's just say this guy has been a blight on the neighborhood for a while now. I was hoping they would have actually taken him out, as in dead, but we didn't get that lucky this time.

Well done FPD, you are awesome.

#3 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

I'm glad they got the guy. Hopefully, he'll stay locked up this time.

I saw the story earlier online (http://sacramento.cb...ch-for-parolee/) and was a little shocked that I hadn't got an auto call or email from Oak Chan about the lockdown. I know the new system that is replacing edline is a little confusing, so I thought maybe that was why nothing went out. At least I was expecting that they'd send a note home with the students, but nothing came home either. I'll need to call on Tuesday and find out why parents weren't notified or if they were, how to make sure I'm added to the new list.

#4 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

I live near this and never got a call from FPD to say in the house. Wonder how they decide who to alert?

#5 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

This is guy is real winner. Court records show convitions from 1995-present for witness intimidation, false inprisonment,murder and child endangerment in 1997 served 11 years, meth possesion and violation of a restraining order earlier this year. Hopefully todays incident will keep him put away for awhile.

#6 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

I live near this and never got a call from FPD to say in the house. Wonder how they decide who to alert?

Were you thinking too loud to hear the phone?

In all seriousness, do you have a land line? I was wondering how effective reverse 911 calls are.

#7 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

The alerts never seem to come out immediately. By the time I got the first one the suspect had already been arrested. Then shortly after, the second one came with more info. Then again, I don't text (yes, I'm the ONE) so I don't know if the text alert came out any sooner than the email alert.

I get my alerts via Nixle. You can sign up to get them here: http://www.nixle.com/ . You can select whether you want to get them via email and/or text.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#8 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

This entire thing went down in less than 35 minutes. Unless you were there how the heck do you expect to get notified so quickly?

#9 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

This entire thing went down in less than 35 minutes. Unless you were there how the heck do you expect to get notified so quickly?

Exactly. They let us know when they can.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#10 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

I think the question was not about how fast the nixle reports come out, but how the officers "requested residents to shelter in place" and why some nearby residents did not receive/hear the request.

#11 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Folsom used to be such a quiet little town.

What happened???

Seems like it's always something....every week now. :(

#12 maggiesmom

maggiesmom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

I was home during this and live a couple of blocks away. I too, wondered what was going on but didn't want to call. I also use nixle via text and email but that info does usually come later. So, a friend of mine suggested that I add an app to my iphone called police scanner. I did just that and sat on my couch and listened to the whole thing. It ws pretty intense for a few minutes but they got him pretty quick.

#13 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

I think the question was not about how fast the nixle reports come out, but how the officers "requested residents to shelter in place" and why some nearby residents did not receive/hear the request.

They did this by going up and down the streets and telling people as they saw them or if they were looking out the windows or came out of the house to see what was happening. Again, this was a real-time event, can't post this stuff on Facebook and let the entire town know as its going down.

#14 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Folsom used to be such a quiet little town.

What happened???

Seems like it's always something....every week now. :(

Must be light rail!

Oh, wait, the guy lived in Folsom and was driving a car 100 mph.

#15 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Exactly. Thanks. :-)

When I used to live in Sac I once had a helicopter hover over our place telling us to watch out for someone dressed in XYZ and to stay inside with doors locked. I appreciated the alert, however they never came back to give us the "all clear" so we were stuck inside wondering what the heck was happening all night!

These things are not easy to coordinate in addition to going after the bad guy(s). everyone does the best they can I guess...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users