Ok - Here They Come The Ccr Fear Factor

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

Ok - Just got the green news letter yesterday and you know what - Looks like this NSCO group, whose officers are Barbara Leary, Teresa Stanley and Dave Stanley, is trying to suggest that Natoma Station has CC&R's that Residents should care about...

A few quotes from the letter

CC&R's -- We will be making copies for residents who need a replacement and provide them at cost. It is important to consult the CC&R's when choosing paint colors, changing landscaping or making home improvements....

End quote ----

Well folks - If I want to paint my house purple and yellow - I will damn well do it without any concern with a non enforceable CC&R... of if I want to change my landscape in any way , I will do it without any thought of looking at the CCR --
There is nothing in the CCRs that are important or enforceable in Natoma Station--

On another note - in the survey - they suggest that BOATS or RV's in Driveways are in violation of the CCR---

Again Folks- Park them there if you need to ( but not in the street) and nothing can be done about it as it is not a Folsom Code Violation...

Oh- and what about the comments that PER THE CCR"S - yards are to be maintained=== and trash cans put behind fences- while they both might be a code violation from the City -- The CCR's have no bearing on them...

While I do support the Neighborhood Watch efforts and also support the push back on the tree removal at the Folsom Gateway -- I think the idea that this group trying to suggest that there are CCRs and they to be followed is way over the line.... as there is no HOA nor any viable way to enforce the CCR's and even so - this area has done quite well ...

Cheers
F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#2 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

It is actually nice living in a area that there is NO HOA - as 99% of the residents take care of their places anyway-- we don't need no stinking Badges...to try to deny the creativity of the owners on their own land....

No if we can get all the Foreclosed homes sold that would improve things a lot ......

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#3 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

Your neighborhood must have some eye sores in it or these people wouldn't have thought to put this little "posse" together to "enforce" their CCR wishes.smile.gif))

People, please don't paint your house purple and yellow...I know in Figi it's a nice color choice...but not when all of the homes are tan or shades of....smile.gif

I think even if the CCRs aren't enforceable the city should be able to enforce certain standards...IF someone paints an odd color that doesn't match the neighborhood and your property won't sell (exclude horrible time to sell right now) can you sue the neighbor???? 'Cause no one will be buying the house next to the canary yellow and purple no matter how much granite you have:)))
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#4 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

life is all a matter of degrees...you drive through gold river and it looks crisp and clean, no basketball hoops, campers in the driveway, boats etc.

on the other hand go to rio linda, cars in the lawn, goats in the yard, cars on cinderblocks and old cars in the lawn.

I guess its what floats your boat. I feel sorry for the folks with a nice house to sell with a jerk across the street who gives the finger to the ccr's what even they are

of course too you get the new buyers who drive through a neighborhood and decide to buy where it makes them comfortable

so if you are a folsomite that goes for the crappy look in your hood you are in luck cause it may attract new buyers with the same attitude about how it looks. makes for good neighboorhood parties cause you can toss the empty beer cans in the bushes and share the velveta cheese stuck iwith tooth picks and the chips

and carpool to walmart for the fall fashons

if I had my druthers I would live on a farm cause people just cause problems

#5 capitolfolsomguy

capitolfolsomguy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:My family, my close friends, my community, snow skiing, staying fit, politics and current events.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Jul 18 2008, 05:13 PM) View Post
Ok - Just got the green news letter yesterday and you know what - Looks like this NSCO group, whose officers are Barbara Leary, Teresa Stanley and Dave Stanley, is trying to suggest that Natoma Station has CC&R's that Residents should care about...

A few quotes from the letter

CC&R's -- We will be making copies for residents who need a replacement and provide them at cost. It is important to consult the CC&R's when choosing paint colors, changing landscaping or making home improvements....

End quote ----

Well folks - If I want to paint my house purple and yellow - I will damn well do it without any concern with a non enforceable CC&R... of if I want to change my landscape in any way , I will do it without any thought of looking at the CCR --
There is nothing in the CCRs that are important or enforceable in Natoma Station--

On another note - in the survey - they suggest that BOATS or RV's in Driveways are in violation of the CCR---

Again Folks- Park them there if you need to ( but not in the street) and nothing can be done about it as it is not a Folsom Code Violation...

Oh- and what about the comments that PER THE CCR"S - yards are to be maintained=== and trash cans put behind fences- while they both might be a code violation from the City -- The CCR's have no bearing on them...

While I do support the Neighborhood Watch efforts and also support the push back on the tree removal at the Folsom Gateway -- I think the idea that this group trying to suggest that there are CCRs and they to be followed is way over the line.... as there is no HOA nor any viable way to enforce the CCR's and even so - this area has done quite well ...

Cheers
F500

You sound angry for little or no reason. Take a breath and relax. One thing I see that makes the area look trashy are the window air conditioners some people have placed in of their 2nd story windows. People, do us all a favor that take pride in ownership; fix your HVAC system. You can't afford to you say? Then you should not be living here in the first place. Owning a home is not just about making the mortgage payment. It is also about being able to properly maintain and repair your home as necessary.

#6 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

I heard Natoma Station could possibly be annexed by Rancho Cordova, is that true?
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#7 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

I like yellow!!!!

and there's nothing wrong with ac units in top stories of homes.

The real question--who is actually staring at peoples windows?

#8 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(capitolfolsomguy @ Aug 13 2008, 11:43 AM) View Post
You sound angry for little or no reason. Take a breath and relax. One thing I see that makes the area look trashy are the window air conditioners some people have placed in of their 2nd story windows. People, do us all a favor that take pride in ownership; fix your HVAC system. You can't afford to you say? Then you should not be living here in the first place. Owning a home is not just about making the mortgage payment. It is also about being able to properly maintain and repair your home as necessary.

For one, a window A/C is more economical to cool just one room than running a central air to the cool the whole house or 1/2 the house for those with split systems, so that AC unit in the window doesn't mean the HVAC needs repair. I grew up as a child with the only bedroom with it's own AC. My parents and siblings had to suffer without and just open their bedroom windows at night. Why, because as an asthmatic child my bedroom door was kept closed and an air filter ran day & night in my room. We didn't have central heat & air, one big AC in the livingroom window and those old wall heaters. At my previous home, we ran a seperate bedroom AC in the window where my wife kept her rabbits, back when we worked swingshift, we didn't want the central air running all day when we just wanted to keep one bedroom below smothering heat level. So don't assume the reason for the window AC is a broken central air, maybe they have a mainframe computer they need to keep chilled.
I would rather be Backpacking

#9 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Aug 13 2008, 01:04 PM) View Post
For one, a window A/C is more economical to cool just one room than running a central air to the cool the whole house or 1/2 the house for those with split systems, so that AC unit in the window doesn't mean the HVAC needs repair. I grew up as a child with the only bedroom with it's own AC. My parents and siblings had to suffer without and just open their bedroom windows at night. Why, because as an asthmatic child my bedroom door was kept closed and an air filter ran day & night in my room. We didn't have central heat & air, one big AC in the livingroom window and those old wall heaters. At my previous home, we ran a seperate bedroom AC in the window where my wife kept her rabbits, back when we worked swingshift, we didn't want the central air running all day when we just wanted to keep one bedroom below smothering heat level. So don't assume the reason for the window AC is a broken central air, maybe they have a mainframe computer they need to keep chilled.

That's a great story but don't assume the window AC is to keep a mainframe chilled.

#10 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

I'm so glad I live in an area w/ CC&R's and a reasonable HOA.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#11 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

I too agree....window AC units are definately ghetto. And yellow houses. People sometimes show their true colors on here, without knowing it. Nice!!!!!

#12 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Aug 13 2008, 02:20 PM) View Post
I'm so glad I live in an area w/ CC&R's and a reasonable HOA.

I'm glad I live in an area that doesn't need 'em smile.gif

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#13 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(rlsliger @ Aug 13 2008, 02:15 PM) View Post
That's a great story but don't assume the window AC is to keep a mainframe chilled.

I wasn't assuming anything, I was identifying other possiblities rather than the window unit is in lieu of a broken central air system, which I think is a more unlikely reason to put a window unit in.

#14 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Aug 13 2008, 02:56 PM) View Post
I too agree....window AC units are definately ghetto. And yellow houses. People sometimes show their true colors on here, without knowing it. Nice!!!!!

I don't like the look of window air conditioners, ground floor or otherwise.

Van Gogh was okay with yellow houses. In the eye of the beholder, I guess.
http://www.artcyclop...ellowHouse.html

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Aug 13 2008, 03:21 PM) View Post
I wasn't assuming anything, I was identifying other possiblities rather than the window unit is in lieu of a broken central air system, which I think is a more unlikely reason to put a window unit in.

I thought keeping a room chilly for a mainframe was kind of random, too. More likely penguin rescue. tongue.gif

#15 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Aug 13 2008, 02:56 PM) View Post

Interesting, I see nothing ghetto'y about a window unit. Heck, I've contemplated putting a "window unit" into the wall of my garage so I could cool the garage down if I wanted to work on my car in it without sweating to death. My garage doors are insulated, the garage is completely sheetrocked, I could have some insulation blown into the walls and roll out some insulation in the attic above to make it almost as insulated as the rest of the house. Of course, if I did this, the "window unit" would be behind the fence and out of view of those walking on the sidewalk, but you would be able to hear it running when it would be on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users