• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

What is up with the RV that has been parked on the lawn on Turnpike? They finally took it off and now there is a "storage" van parked on the lawn? Don't we have someone who tells them they can't do this?

#2 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (giacomo @ Aug 11 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is up with the RV that has been parked on the lawn on Turnpike? They finally took it off and now there is a "storage" van parked on the lawn? Don't we have someone who tells them they can't do this?

I noticed this as well and then it was gone. Does anyone know who should be contacted to have this stopped? Also, what ordinances are there re: parking those behemoths on the streets?

#3 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (olivia @ Aug 11 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed this as well and then it was gone. Does anyone know who should be contacted to have this stopped? Also, what ordinances are there re: parking those behemoths on the streets?

http://www.folsom.ca...erk/charter.asp You can look them up there.

#4 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:00 AM

They are renters that recently moved in. Must be from Rio Linda ohmy.gif

Both their motorhome and 20+ft cargo trailer have been hanging out on the street since they moved in about a month ago.

I would recommend calling city code enforcement http://www.folsom.ca...opment/code.asp

#5 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:34 AM

parking on front lawn = redneck white trash neighbors

#6 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Sandman @ Aug 12 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are renters that recently moved in. Must be from Rio Linda ohmy.gif

Both their motorhome and 20+ft cargo trailer have been hanging out on the street since they moved in about a month ago.

I would recommend calling city code enforcement http://www.folsom.ca...opment/code.asp

No, she's from Folsom.

Why is everyone bothering to judge the person behind the action?

You'd probably be surprised to find out she's an awful like a lot of us. This issue isn't the person, it's the RV. Either knock on her door and talk to her (she's a very sweet person) or call the City to deal with it. But sitting here throwing put downs her way is pompous and plebeian.

#7 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (cw68 @ Aug 12 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, she's from Folsom.

You'd probably be surprised to find out she's an awful like a lot of us. This issue isn't the person, it's the RV. Either knock on her door and talk to her (she's a very sweet person) or call the City to deal with it. But sitting here throwing put downs her way is pompous and plebeian.

If she is from Folsom then she should already know its NOT ok to park your RV's/trailers on your front lawn... The Rio Linda comment was a joke so lighten up

#8 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Sandman @ Aug 12 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If she is from Folsom then she should already know its NOT ok to park your RV's/trailers on your front lawn... The Rio Linda comment was a joke so lighten up

It might be in the CC&Rs but I couldn't find anything in the Folsom Municipal Code. Does that mean if a neighbor wants to park their car on the front lawn code enforcement can't do anything about it?

#9 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (ducky @ Aug 12 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does that mean if a neighbor wants to park their car on the front lawn code enforcement can't do anything about it?

very tacky, who in their right mind does that? seriously, parking on the street near the curb would suffice so why make a spectacle and put it on the front lawn?

#10 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Aug 12 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very tacky, who in their right mind does that? seriously, parking on the street near the curb would suffice so why make a spectacle and put it on the front lawn?

I'm not promoting it. Just asking a question.

To answer your first question, judging from some of the driving I've seen on California roads, DMV doesn't take being in a right state of mind into consideration when distributing driver's licenses.

#11 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (ducky @ Aug 12 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It might be in the CC&Rs but I couldn't find anything in the Folsom Municipal Code. Does that mean if a neighbor wants to park their car on the front lawn code enforcement can't do anything about it?

It might be covered by a county code.
http://www.countycou...ode/default.htm

Or even a state code about it.

#12 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:06 PM

Terrorists?
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#13 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (cw68 @ Aug 12 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, she's from Folsom.

Apparently you know this person, did you mention the RV on the lawn to her or are you OK with it?
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#14 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Aug 12 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently you know this person, did you mention the RV on the lawn to her or are you OK with it?

I know who she is, but I don't really know her. I haven't mentioned it to her because I don't really see her. I'm not OK with her RV on the lawn or it being on the street so often, but have bigger fish to fry at the moment. I figure someone will be pissed enough to do something about it. Still don't think we should be judging her or calling her names tho.

#15 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

If you choose to park your RV on your front lawn you kind of open yourself up to public ridicule. Don't you think??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users