73 replies to this topic

#31 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

Watch out, next thing you know this thread will become an offshoot of the "Folsom Ghetto" thread. I can almost hear Uncle Walter now (God rest his soul):

"The flash, apparently official, Natoma Station deemed a ghetto due to RV parked on lawn..."

Watch out Prairie Oaks, Broadstone, and Empire Oaks...these folks are headed your way!

#32 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (DavidH @ Aug 21 2009, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watch out, next thing you know this thread will become an offshoot of the "Folsom Ghetto" thread. I can almost hear Uncle Walter now (God rest his soul):

"The flash, apparently official, Natoma Station deemed a ghetto due to RV parked on dead lawn..."
Watch out Prairie Oaks, Broadstone, and Empire Oaks...these folks are headed your way!

FTFY. Motor homes and dead lawns are the epitome of ghetto in Folsom. Glad to see the rest of you are catching up.

#33 monstermovie

monstermovie

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Revolutionist @ Aug 21 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so much for private property rights.
if you dont like how the property is being run, buy it and run it yourself.
otherwise, suck it up.

I love how everyone picks up their pitchfork in an attempt to skewer the monster. Not understanding the consequences.

All the person has to do is erect a 4' tall fence by stringing together some lattice, et voila! trailer is now in the "backyard" (RV parking bonus) and within compliance, and you're stuck looking at not only a trailer, but a rickety falling down stretch of used redwood.

actually, the only thing any of us should be doing is knocking on her door and saying "welcome to neighborhood". The instant she feels a part of the community is the instant she starts caring about how it looks. Until then, she's likely to do anything to spite those of you who would rather moan anonymously and report her to the police.

Whatever Dude. You do it your way, I'll do it mine. Feel free to stop typing and take a walk over there.

#34 monstermovie

monstermovie

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Aug 21 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So wait...there's an RV on the street and on the lawn? What is that thing tucked on the side, it looks like a shed or storage box, not an RV. And the RV in the pic is on the street. Granted it's an eyesore but it aint on the lawn. Confused.

RV on the street, 20' trailer on the lawn, POS car covered in a tarp in the drive next to a pickup toolbox. Seriously, if they look up and down the street, they should be able to tell they're going to catch it.

#35 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (monstermovie @ Aug 21 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RV on the street, 20' trailer on the lawn, POS car covered in a tarp in the drive next to a pickup toolbox. Seriously, if they look up and down the street, they should be able to tell they're going to catch it.

Sounds like 1 of 2 things: transplants from Rio Linda or somebody who had to downsize their house but still kept all their crap for now until they have to sell it off. Either way they should have a clue and respect the neigborhood but apparently they don't.

Maybe CW can help since she seems determined to defend these people even though she met them but doesn't know them but knows they are nice people like most Folsom people, blah blah blah.

Horrible situation, this aint Antelope....yet....
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#36 the_professor

the_professor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:34 PM

I think they may be worse than renters. They might be Muslim renters. Or minority renters. Now calm down and go to your stadium church and feel better than your neighbor.

#37 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (the_professor @ Aug 22 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they may be worse than renters. They might be Muslim renters. Or minority renters. Now calm down and go to your stadium church and feel better than your neighbor.

they don't live anywhere near you do they? kinda makes it easier to go along that way because it doesn't effect you. if that were my neighbor I'd be pissed. the place looks like a used car lot and really trashes the neighborhood appeal.

she should sell some of that crap already

#38 monstermovie

monstermovie

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (the_professor @ Aug 22 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's this type of response that keeps me away from the Folsom forum. A simple thread about a problem in the neighborhood turns into being called a racist/bigot. Nice.

#39 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (monstermovie @ Aug 22 2009, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's this type of response that keeps me away from the Folsom forum. A simple thread about a problem in the neighborhood turns into being called a racist/bigot. Nice.

the professor is a little nutty at times, don't let him get to you

#40 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:52 PM

Most likely they downsized from a larger property or community that didnt have aesthetic codes.

All they need is 1 or 2 spaces at a nearby boat\RV storage yard. Unless you move into a home with a custom garage or a large property in a rural area (not the burbs) an RV owner assumes they will need to find a RV storage yard.

#41 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Aug 22 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+100

#42 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Aug 22 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1

Don't let anyone scare you away, monstermovie. Being stuck on that island with Gilligan, the Skipper, Ginger, Mary Ann, & the Howells, seems to have made the professor a little passive-aggressive.smile.gif

#43 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

Codes are there for a reason, and while I find some of them a pain, if you choose to live somewhere, you choose to abide by the laws governing that location. I have had good luck with the local code enforcement agency resolving a neighborhood eyesore. I didn't call them about some hedges that were 1 inch to high (not like, ahem, a certain developement off Sunrise), I waited until the weeds were as tall as I was and the "lawn" was a matt of dead grass. Not all people are "just waiting for a neighborly gesture."

This "neighbor" has had parties that required police a few times (when they started relieved themselves on his neighbors garages and fighting, I called). His deadbeat son has had a warrant served at the home (fun to explain to your kids on the way to school), fraud investigators have asked us if we knew anything about certain of his activities. I could have just ignored all that and gone quietly about my business...if he wouldn't have parked the beater cars (running? never saw them move) in the driveway and watered/mowed his frickin lawn once in awhile. Code enforcement warned him, then started fining him. Finally, he mows the weeds occassionally and has goten rid off the cars. Thanks City of Folsom!!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#44 proudmama

proudmama

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

Dare I bring up the house on Orange Blossom that has had a broken/missing fence going on almost 2 years now?! wacko.gif

#45 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Aug 22 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like 1 of 2 things: transplants from Rio Linda or somebody who had to downsize their house but still kept all their crap for now until they have to sell it off. Either way they should have a clue and respect the neigborhood but apparently they don't.

Maybe CW can help since she seems determined to defend these people even though she met them but doesn't know them but knows they are nice people like most Folsom people, blah blah blah.

Horrible situation, this aint Antelope....yet....

Downsize their house? Does anyone here know that that house is like 2700 sq ft? I looked at renting it this past spring. It's huge.

I think I'm probably in a better position to defend "these people" than anyone else here who hasn't ever met them, doesn't know diddly squat about them or anything. I stand by what I said and that is that we shouldn't be sitting here judging them. Enforcing code is enforcing code. Calling the people who live there squatters, people from Rio Linda, muslim, minorities etc. is simply useless and non-productive.

Anyone bother to call the City or are y'all just too busy sitting here calling people names, posting pics and addresses and complaining? Anybody bother to walk up to the house and say, "Hey, it's looking pretty crappy out front. Can you do something about it?"

<crickets>

Nope, didn't think so. It's much easier to sit here on your high horses and b*tch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users