• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

K-Mart and Sergio Garcia were traded for Tracy McGrady and a couple others; T-Mac may get dealt to the Knicks tomorrow.

I'm hoping McGrady ends up here after all this. I haven't seen him play in a while but I would imagine he's not the same guy he was before. Regardless, K-Mart was no longer working on this team. It's Tyreke's team now...

#2 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:47 AM

I like this trade. T-Mac is a big time player if we keep him, and $23 million off the books if we move him. And Carl Landry could be a huge help down low.

#3 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

I admittedly don't know anything about Landry but all I hear is this kid's a good player, lots of upside... I guess I'll reserve judgement. Petrie usually knows what he's doing.

#4 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:21 PM

Me likey. Martin is great when he's healthy and not having a bad night... which seems to be getting more rare over the years. I'm excited to get Landry. He's something that we are missing.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#5 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Who on here is surprised at this one? Ever since the Kings were eliminated from the playoffs back in January, it was almost envitable that this would happen.

IMO, Martin disrupted Evans game and the rest of the Kings were standing around waiting for Martin to do something. Looks like the Kings now have a shot at winning 29 games.

Its pretty revealing that Kings are shedding salaries. Looks like they are adopting the Oakland A's philosophy. The economy must be worse than we all think.

#6 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

I don't think they are shedding salaries to save a couple bucks - IMO, I think they are positioning themselves to have a lot of cap room at the end of the season. Another high draft pick + a free agent on a very young team. They'll likely have to overpay to get some talent in here, but Evans has shown it's not K-Mart's team anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users