13 replies to this topic

#1 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

Bombshell: Documents Show Harry Reid, Chinese Company Behind Nevada Ranch Standoff

While this bombshell revelation is shocking, it’s not that surprising given what we know about Harry Reid and his minions.

Via BizPac Review:

Amid the growing standoff between Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and the federal government, reports are growing that Senate Majority Harry Reid’s little-known ties to a Chinese solar energy giant could be playing a major role in the confrontation.

Reid, D-Nev., and his oldest son, Rory, a former chairman of the Clark County, Nev., County Commission, are both deeply involved in a plan by ENN Energy Group to build a huge solar farm in southern Nevada, according to a Reuters report from August 2012.

Land the Bundy family has been using for cattle ranching is getting in the way of that project, according to documents formerly posted on the Bureau of Land Management’s government website but since removed.

The acting director of the Bureau of Land Management is Neil Kornze, a former Reid senior policy advisor.

Here is a screenshot of one crucial document from Google’s cache.

The most interesting line might be:

“Non-Governmental Organizations have expressed concern that the regional mitigation strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone utilizes Gold Butte as the location for offsite mitigation for impacts from solar development, and that those restoration activities are not durable with the presence of trespass cattle.”

The federal government’s story so far is that the whole showdown is necessary for the protection of gopher tortoises.

Western Journalism has more on Harry Reid’s role in all of this:

Back in 2012, the New American reported that Harry Reid’s son, Rory Reid, was the chief representative for a Chinese energy firm planning to build a $5-billion solar plant on public land in Laughlin, Nevada.

Journalist Marcus Stern with Reuters also reported that Sen. Reid was heavily involved in the deal.

“Reid and his oldest son, Rory, are both involved in an effort by a Chinese energy giant, ENN Energy Group, to build a $5 billion solar farm and panel manufacturing plant in the southern Nevada desert,” he wrote.

“Reid has been one of the project’s most prominent advocates, helping recruit the company during a 2011 trip to China and applying his political muscle on behalf of the project in Nevada.”

“His son, a lawyer with a prominent Las Vegas firm that is representing ENN, helped it locate a 9,000-acre (3,600-hectare) desert site that it is buying well below appraised value from Clark County, where Rory Reid formerly chaired the county commission.”

Ah, so all the pieces fall together.

We can assume that Reid cares little about the Desert Tortoise the government itself is killing hundreds of right? Reid is simply using the BLM to change the boundaries of the tortoise’s habitat to accommodate his Chinese partnered solar development scheme.

When reached for comment on Wednesday before this bombshell information dropped, Harry Reid spokeswoman Kristen Orthman said: “Senator Reid hopes the trespassing cattle are rounded up safely so the issue can be resolved.”

Yes, I bet he does indeed.

What do you think about Harry Reid’s involvement in the Bundy Ranch stand off?

Svzr2FS.jpg

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

The turtle excuse was laughable from the beginning. I remember when I used to ride dirt bikes in the middle of nowhere in the desert. They slowly kept closing down areas to ride "for the tortoise," and eventually, I stopped riding. Funny thing happened then. The desert that had to be closed to off road vehicle because of threat to wildlife suddenly had subdivisions. Go figure...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

More on this subject:

http://news.yahoo.co...56278.html?vp=1

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

More on this subject:

http://news.yahoo.co...56278.html?vp=1

I noticed in the written part of the article all it talks about is the anti-government militia in camouflage and flak jackets showing up in support, giving the impression that all the supporters were like that, but, when you look at the photo gallery, all I see are people wearing cowboy hats and t-shirts.  While some of the crowd were probably a little nutty, it certainly didn't look like the majority.  A lot looked like ranchers.

#5 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

Wow...!   Kinda like Pelosi, Feinstein, Phil Angelides, and other Dem big wigs (maybe even Boxer?)  have a piece of South of 50 out here along with that rich guy with the Greek last name I can't think of....?   Lots of other folks in on that one too with Greek sounding last names that I can't recall......   I really wish an investigative reporter would dive deep into that pot and stir it up.  I wish I could buy land deemed  "permanent open space", "agricultural", or "grazing land" and then get it rezoned "residential/commercial" by my friends in high office.  Notice how it happens slowly over time.....?   Come on...!   Do your jobs those of you in the press......!   Maybe they just look the other way because they are democrats too....?   I can imagine the poop storm in the news if it was the Koch brothers along with some Republican politicians.....   

And I really hate that small minded, vindictive man, Harry Reid.........  I wonder how the Mormon Church tolerates him.....?   I can't figure that one out.

Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#6 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

Harry Reid represents everything wrong and corrupt with the Democratic Party.

Why do people with any intelligence or a conscious keep electing scumbag turds like this jerkoff?

Svzr2FS.jpg

#7 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Silence from the press, silence from democrats here on the forum and everywhere else...?   If these were Libertarians or Conservatives I would join in the chorus of outrage and calls for their resignations and even prosecutions if the law allowed it...!    Crickets I hear, crickets indeed.....!   So let's just think of Mr. Lee, Mr. Calderon, and Mr. Wright all collecting paychecks while on "leave" from the CA Senate for their felony charges (alleged of course)....?   Just think if they were Republicans....   They would have been hanged from the nearest tree by now, wife gone, children taken away, never to sleep in their house again,  in jail, all possessions confiscated, and somebody else would be in their place in office as I type this.....!  Don't you folks out there see the double standard allowed by society and the press depending on the "D" or "R" after your name in CA politics....!   So obviously unfair but so accepted.....    Why....?   Chris  

1A - 2A = -1A

#8 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Harry Reid represents everything wrong and corrupt with the Democratic Party.

Why do people with any intelligence or a conscious keep electing scumbag turds like this jerkoff?

Our two California senators are right in there with him.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#9 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

Our two California senators are right in there with him.

The people who keep re-electing these scumbag democrat criminals are either stupid or they hate America.

Svzr2FS.jpg

#10 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

In other news, Bundy turns from symbol of government growth to symbol of conservative racism. Thanks a lot jack arse. now the original message on government is lost, and you have given fodder to the ridiculous liberal meme that conservative are racists.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#11 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Did you see in the news today that the leftist media are painting him as a racist.   They say he is not fond of "Negroes"....?    Took them a couple of weeks but I knew it was coming.....   Still can't get over the Mormon angle here....?   Harry Reid and Mr. Bundy both being so...?   More to come I am sure about Mr. Bundy in the press (except for FOX of course who will try to tell the real story), all bad of course from all the other news outlets.   That is what the press will be after.  Nothing about how Harry Reid is worth a real big chunk of change, way beyond any government salary he ever received or how his sons are profiting in Washington as lobbyists dropping his name.....   Nothing about that will be written of course in the press.  FOX will try but will be shot down of course as always........  Not to mention that big solar farm stuff he and his sons are involved in and they really want that piece of land Mr. Bundy and his family own since the 1870's or so.   The eco fraud terrorists are frothing at the bit right now wanting for the BLM thugs and their hired guns to go finish the job and set the "turtle" free and let Harry Reid and his friends build that solar farm there. In a few years of course after the dust settles and the bodies of the Bundy family have long been in the ground.   I am sure there are a good bit of government "credits" and funding to build that solar thing.  Of course all the money will flow very close to Mr. Reid but not any through him, for now.   Just  his sons, his family, his business friends, etc.   So sad the press will not pursue this very real story.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#12 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

The stupid populace and news readers can't fit the idea into their little minds that Bundy could be racist AND could be right about government overreach. They can't comprehend that Snowden is a traitor AND a hero. Nope, that would require more than a few neurons firing an errant thought to noodle through...

Give me my cake and circus' and I'll leave the thinking to "experts."

#13 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Hey Joe, don't you wish the press would delve deeper into Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson......?    Maybe Al can explain Freddys Fashion Mart or the Tawana Brawley thing.....?   I guess there was no racism there since he is one of the correct color and can not be a racist no matter what.    Or maybe Jesse can fess up to all those illegit kids he has fathered and maybe support them with some of that extorted money from corporations he's fleeced all these last 30 years....?   I think the former fat Al Sharpton seems to forget that he got 7-8 people killed.....?  Jews I think too but maybe I am a racist for bringing that up....?    I'll go away now in my shame of pointing out the truth and facts....   Just look it up and you will see what a dirt bag racist these men are.......   I won't hold my breath waiting for MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN, NPR, or PBS reporting on that.   I am sure FOX could but they would be called racist and partisan for doing so....   Telling the truth seems to get you nowhere fast....... So sad.   Come on press corps, do your real job......!   We are not as dumb as you think we are.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#14 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

Doesn’t it strike anyone as strange that the U.S. Senate Majority Leader is so obsessed with a small rancher who hasn’t paid grazing fees? Does New York Senator Chuck Schumer get involved publicly when a New York company is late paying rent to the U.S. government?

Doesn’t the Senate Majority Leader have anything more important to think about? 

There are almost 100 million working-age Americans no longer working. More Americans are today on entitlements than working in the private sector. More Americans are on food stamps than the number of women working in America. Iran is building a nuclear bomb. Russian jet fighters are threatening American ships. Yet Harry Reid obsesses about a rancher late on his rent? Something smells fishy folks.

There are other questions raised about Reid’s involvement. Why did this assault become the #1 priority of government only days after a senior political advisor to Nevada Senator Harry Reid took over BLM? Coincidence?

Senator Reid’s fingers are in virtually every solar and wind project in the Nevada desert. Green energy is his obsession. Green energy is his baby. His vision is turning the Nevada desert into the “Green Energy Capital of America.”

Who benefits from that vision? Democratic donors who run green energy companies.

But if the protection of the desert tortoise was so important to the BLM, why did the same BLM kill hundreds of desert tortoises last fall?

If protecting the tortoises was so important, why has the BLM constantly waived rules protecting the desert tortoise for multiple solar and wind projects? If cattle are a danger to tortoises, why are solar panels and wind turbines not a danger?

There’s much more to this story folks. My educated guess is that someone in the government already has big plans lined up for the Bundy Ranch. Someone is going to make a financial killing with this forceful land grab. Someone powerful in government wants the Bundy family off their land (after 140 years).

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. It was U.S. Senator Harry Reid who famously made a guess about Mitt Romney's taxes. He guessed wrong. No one seemed to mind. So now it's time for all of us to ask questions about Senator Reid's involvement in this scandal and government land grab. It’s time for the media to investigate.

I'm only guessing…but something smells very rotten in Nevada.

Svzr2FS.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users