• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:53 PM

Awww! Can't we all just get along? 

In N.R.A. Power Struggle, Insurgents Seek to Oust Wayne LaPierre

:mrpickle:                            :shoot:

https://www.nytimes....iver-north.html

Mr. North asked Mr. LaPierre to resign on Wednesday, according to documents reviewed by The New York Times. He said he had also created a committee to review allegations of financial improprieties that threaten the N.R.A.’s status as a nonprofit organization.

But Mr. LaPierre, in a stinging letter sent on Thursday night to the N.R.A.’s board, accused Mr. North of threatening to leak damaging information about him and other N.R.A. executives unless he stepped down.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#2 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

Awww, too bad.   (from the same story)

Contributions to the NRA are lagging, The New York Times reports,

and the organization is facing an increasingly well-financed opposition movement

in the wake of several mass shootings.

#3 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for the reminder Tio Vinny....!   I had not sent them a donation for a few months now....   Just sent them $50 bucks for their political/legal fund thanks to you and your great reminder.....!   Oh, and on the check, in the note area, I put, "Regards from Tio Vinny".   

And on a funny note...   I think my brother signed me up for the ACLU (He's a never Trumper) and I get all the trash mail from them and many other leftist groups.  And I love it...!   I just send back their donation request envelopes weighted down with tons of paper and metal sheets, they have to pay like triple to get them received as they are "no postage necessary".............    Just pure flats of sheet metal really add up in weight.....!   Keeps the postal service solvent, the ACLU paying a lot for postage, and I get a little giggle when I drop it in the mail slot.   A "Trifecta" as it is know in horse racing.   Thanks again for the reminder.  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#4 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:31 PM

Ha, ha! Good one, Chris. I'm sure they will not not wither away, thanks to your generous support.

Oh, and by the way . . . that "Shock-them-with-Outrage" technique - learned from Trump himself, I'm sure,

just doesn't work any more. In fact it's boring.       :deadhorse:                                      :zzz:

Let Trump destroy American values. Let him destroy the planet.      :KOOLAID:
I'm just visiting this place anyway. No one can jerk my chain any more, ha, ha!     :joker:      

Thank God the Dems are finally learning this too.          :saint:       :peaceman:

We, as immortal souls, have lived and will continue to live in many realms, many planets,

many mansions.          :USA:          :wave2:

#5 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

Hey, Half-Aced! I unblocked you for a moment out of curiosity.

I see you post 3 comments for every one from other members.

Gee, glad you have such abundant spare time.

What, do you live in grandma's garage?

Again, like I told Chris:
. . . that "Shock-them-with-Outrage" technique - learned from Trump himself, I'm sure,

just doesn't work any more. In fact it's boring.       :deadhorse:

Have a nice day.

#6 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:43 PM

Ohh, Half-Aced posted again.

I wonder what he says?

Should I unblock him again and see? 

Nahhh!                         :beverage:                     :gonefishin: 

#7 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:11 PM

Follow up:             - Coup d'etat failed

Oliver North is out as NRA president, following a leadership dispute
with longtime CEO Wayne LaPierre

https://abcnews.go.c...ory?id=62676063

Retired Marine Lt. Col. Oliver North announced on Saturday that he will not serve a second term as president of the National Rifle Association, after he said that he has lost support from the gun-right group’s board following a dispute with longtime NRA chief executive and vice president, Wayne LaPierre.

#8 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:22 AM

Oops, more trouble!

New York attorney general launches investigation into NRA's tax-exempt status

“The Office of New York State Attorney General Letitia James has launched an investigation related to the National Rifle Association (NRA),”

https://thehill.com/...n-into-nras-tax

#9 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:34 AM

Thanks for the reminder Tio Vinny....!   I had not sent them a donation for a few months now....   Just sent them $50 bucks for their political/legal fund

Golly!
That's not nearly enough, Chris!!

I hear they are begging for donations every week!

Meanwhile, they just upped the salaries of the top execs there.

They just MIGHT need another yacht or Leer Jet.

(A fool and his money soon go separate ways!)       :huhwhat:

Current State of the NRA, According to Its Own Members: ‘They’re F*cked’

https://www.thedaily...rs-theyre-fcked

"Both Allan and Jim complained about the increasing number of expensive-looking fundraising mailings they receive seemingly each week in the mail requesting more money."

"The organization was also fresh off the 2018 midterm elections, losing 33 races, as it has increasingly become an organ of the Republican Party. “The relationship was one that was viewed as mutually beneficial, and is one that now feels inseparable,” Kris Brown, the president of Brady, a nonprofit organization that campaigns for gun control, told me. “It is effectively a dystopia communications firm.” "

#10 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:04 AM

Now do Planned Parenthood...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#11 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

Wow... I had no idea how crazy Vinny was... until now.

Seriously folks.... would you ever have a dialogue with anyone else this absolutely bat sh!t crazy?

#12 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:06 PM

Hey vin, think I'm gonna listen to crazy uncle Joe... check out the first 1:13 of this video.  Schmoyoho is hilarious (and a great singer).

https://youtu.be/ooPzr1vzmGY

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#13 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:36 AM

Hey, Thanks Joe.

That's really a work of art.            :tunes:

I may  just subscribe to that channel.

I know there is software to change the pitch and speed of speech and music, but this made

normal speech into a compelling song.

As for 1:13, I agree. It's all you need.

#14 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, he does politics, viral stuff, celebrity and other random stuff. VERY talented. I used to love his auto tune the news.  I actually talked to a silicon valley friend of mine about an auto tune idea 20 or so years ago, but he said there wasn't enough processing power (at the time) to do it in real time.

One of my all time favorites was when an attempted rape occurred and the perp was run off. the local news interviewed the victims brother.. A classic...  https://youtu.be/hMtZfW2z9dw

The Bernie vs Hillary debate is cute too. Plenty of them are good...

https://youtu.be/GFbQZU1iPSU

AN all time classic favorite of mine is Uncle Jay explains the news...the episode on Congress is hilarious...

https://youtu.be/d0FJhOMc-vA

#15 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:09 PM

Funny how the left and the likes of Tio Vinny so go after the NRA, the real organization out to protect the constitution but has never had a problem with the ACLU or the Southern Poverty Law Center....   Two far left, anti American organizations who pretend to be for justice and the American way, American values, but could not be further from them or the truth.   Just ask the ACLU or the SPLC to help defend you in a gun case or a flying the American flag case.  Not gonna happen...  They do a one off here and there and defend a conservative just to say they did.  It runs 1000 to one with them, leftists cases are the 1000, conservative values, 1 here and there every year or so....   Call them as you see them, like Trump does.  And the truth does hurt, not me, but the lying left and their MSM fake news bullies.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users