• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 pm_smf

pm_smf

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

I had been getting a page-not-found type of thing : ( I'm glad someone else will be taking it over. Loved it!!

#17 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hey, Folks,

Just an update. I did find a volunteer to take over the site. He lives up in Brigg's Ranch. I have transferred the domain, but we've both been busy and I need to catch up with him on getting his weather station up and publishing the new site.

The old weather station was so brittle from the UV exposure since 2001 that when I went to take it down and laid the mast on the ground, much of it just broke off in pieces. So, I'll need to get a new weather station before the Cameron Park website is online.

Now, for the Christmas lights, stay tuned. As you know, the show was set up for the Vierra house -- all the lights on the roof, shrubs, etc... It took a lot of time to build and choreograph everything. And it took many days every year to put up and take down the lights. So, we are using the move as an opportunity to reset and rethink what we want to do with the display. We had even thought of stopping the show altogether since we didn't think we could get folks to come all the way out to Cameron Park and we hadn't talked with our new neighbors yet to see how receptive they would be to the added traffic. But, the neighbors are actually excited about it. And we ended up moving just blocks away from Holly Hills Lane (a large drive-through lighted neighborhood that attracts folks up to Cameron Park). So, we have to do it now :)

Regardless of what it ends up turning into, we knew we wouldn't have enough time while trying to settle into the new house to do the show this year. But we are targeting a return in 2013. My plan is to design a display that is much simpler to set up and take down, but will feature some really neat effects that I guarantee you haven't seen before -- there are some engineering challenges that I still need to solve... but that's something that the show has been working through the last couple of years already and we somehow manage to pull it off :)

I'll post this same info to the Folsom Lights Facebook page -- until we rename it of course. So you can follow the progress over the next year and a half.
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

#18 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Thanks for the update Jason and hope you're enjoying the new digs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users