No replies to this topic

#1 glad2Bme

glad2Bme

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

Have you ever been to a marching band competition? If not, you really should go. Imagine over 100 musicians and color guard dazzling the football field with colorful flags and incredible music.... playing an instrument while reading sheet music is hard enough, but these kids have to keep time, memorize the steps, memorize the music, not crash into each other or go in the wrong direction,  and count beats all at the same time. We have an amazing marching band at Folsom High, and there is really nothing, nothing like sitting in the stands with the music vibrating off your skin as you watch the magic these kids create on the field, right before your eyes.

Last year, one of my favorite field shows was by McQueen High School from Reno. They had a huge "book of spells," a cauldron with smoke, and incredible costumes in their show. Their drum majors wore wedding dresses; a white one, a red one, and a black one. I love the "Disneyfied" acts. Lincoln High's drum major was dressed like Mary Poppins, so fun! And Milpitas High's "Rise of the Minions" (Despicable Me) had over 20 kids in their color guard, wow! They had great flags and an amazing presence on the field! FHS will be performing Les Miserables.

Mark your calendars! Folsom High School is hosting the 11th annual marching band competion, the Folsom Fall Festival, on Saturday November 1st from 5pm until 10pm at Praire City Stadium at Folsom High. The Sac State Marching Band will be making a special appearance, and their drum line is incredible.......it's a great family event.....I hope to see you there!

check out folsommusic.org for information or to purchase tickets. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users