Photo
- - - - -

Do You Think Folsom Has A Lot Of Sirens?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

I am sensitive to this because my dog howls at sirens. It's kind of funny, but less so since it seems to happen at least once or twice every day... and most weekend nights, too.

I just think it's weird that sirens are so frequent considering that Folsom is a relatively small, safe town. I don't remember this many sirens in past places I've lived.

What do you think?

#2 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with the family. :-)

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

Folsom is indeed full of many beautiful women. It may seem amusing that your dog howls at them but imagine how these lovely ladies feel about it. In an atmosphere of aggressive behavior towards...what? What do you mean not that kind of siren?... Oh!... NEVERMIND! :D

(We miss you Gilda)

Dawn Grove

#3 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

Ha ha ha!!

#4 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Good one WolfMom!  I live by a fire house, so I hear sirens pretty frequently, and my neighbor's dog has learned to impersonate the mechanical siren of the fire truck.  She doesn't howl at the electronic sirens.

Overall, most of the sirens I hear are for fire or ambulance.  I've rarely seen a police car with sirens on.  I don't hear about many fires in the news, so I presume that most of the fire trucks are responding to medical emergencies.  Because our fire stations and hospital is located in close proximity to major streets (E. Bidwell, Oak), you will likely hear sirens frequently if you live near these streets.  Plus, Mercy Folsom is the only ER between Mercy San Juan in Carmichael and Marshall in Placerville, so we probably get a lot of incoming critical patients from the in-between areas.  So, I'd day that because we have a ER here and fire stations nearby, we are actually a pretty safe town.    

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#5 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:49 PM

I seem to be hearing them a lot more lately than ever before. 

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#6 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:17 PM

The heat. 

The elderly 

Its always rough on the sirens in summer

#7 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

Getting busier every year. 

#8 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:33 PM

there seems to be a lot of assistance homes in Folsom. From the drug rehab apartments across the street from SM, and the retirement center down the street on Natomas, and the place over on Empire and the whole complex over on E Bidwelll across from Mercy....

They tend to create a lot of siren revenue.... ya know?

Sorta like Folsom emergency laws sucking the last few pennies from the old folks in Folsom

#9 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

there seems to be a lot of assistance homes in Folsom. From the drug rehab apartments across the street from SM, and the retirement center down the street on Natomas, and the place over on Empire and the whole complex over on E Bidwelll across from Mercy....

They tend to create a lot of siren revenue.... ya know?

Sorta like Folsom emergency laws sucking the last few pennies from the old folks in Folsom

BAN OLD FOLKS!!!!!!

#10 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

you guys must live in the bad part of town? probably near light rail?  :NEENER:

I rarely hear sirens and I live fairly close to the hospital

Svzr2FS.jpg

#11 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

Is Natoma Station a bad part of town?

A lot of the sirens I hear are not necessarily in the neighborhood--they sound like they might be on Iron Point, Blue Ravine, or even further away. It may be that I would barely notice them, except for the fact that my dog sets to howling... which definitely is noticeable.

I don't think Folsom is an unsafe town.  It just surprises me how many "emergencies" there seem to be. 

#12 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:10 PM

I've noticed the sirens too since moving here, I think Folsom being kind of compact and hilly and most of the houses being within a half mile or so of a busy street, Were just more likely to hear every single siren. I haven't noticed an increase though. I can't say for sure however my guess is most of the sirens aren't crime, traffic accident or fire related, More likely common calls for medical assistance. 

#13 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

Is Natoma Station a bad part of town?

A lot of the sirens I hear are not necessarily in the neighborhood--they sound like they might be on Iron Point, Blue Ravine, or even further away. It may be that I would barely notice them, except for the fact that my dog sets to howling... which definitely is noticeable.

I don't think Folsom is an unsafe town.  It just surprises me how many "emergencies" there seem to be. 

A howling dog in the house is definitely a siren amplifier, I used to have a large rottweiler that would let loose at the slightest hint of a siren no matter what time of day or night it was.

#14 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

There are several old folks homes and now we have several alzheimer's places as well.  Those places are good for a few calls a day from each establishment. 

#15 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:19 PM

BAN OLD FOLKS!!!!!!

:cane: :cane:

Hmmm....I don't hear that many sirens in my neighborhood. My neighborhood is super quiet except for the pests across the street and the occasional loud muffler near the college.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users