22 replies to this topic

#1 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

We finally stopped into a new Thai restaurant across from the old B of A on East Bidwell, where the hot dog store used to be. It was actually very good! We had the fresh rolls with peanut sauce, cashew nut chicken and green curry chicken. All of them very actually very good. Most places offer three spring rolls for about $6, but this was only two rolls for $6.95. Other than that, everything was very generous and flavorful. We both thought the vegetables were very fresh and nicely prepared, nothing oily or heavy. Even the green curry wasn't too heavy, so that was great. The decor was also really pleasing. We will definately be going back. I don't think they've done much advertising. The only way we knew it was there was noticing the sign on the front of the restaurant. check it out!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#2 stangage70

stangage70

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

I stopped by about a week after it opened. Nice service and tasty food. I discovered the restaurant by their coupon in the Telegraph. Worth a try, however the competition with Thai Paradise, Krua, Folsom Thai, and Thai Siam is significant. I remember a time when none of those existed.

#3 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

Worth a try, however the competition with Thai Paradise, Krua, Folsom Thai, and Thai Siam is significant. I remember a time when none of those existed.

Chantara in EDH TC and Lemongrass in Sacramento off Munroe (lohman plaza) are very good as well.
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#4 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

I stopped by about a week after it opened. Nice service and tasty food. I discovered the restaurant by their coupon in the Telegraph. Worth a try, however the competition with Thai Paradise, Krua, Folsom Thai, and Thai Siam is significant. I remember a time when none of those existed.

We love Thai food and eat it often. Each one seems to have a slightly different take on things. I'm not that crazy about Chantra in EDH. It's okay, but they seem to charge more for the ambiance. I love the Thai Siam salad that only Thai Siam makes. And I think Krua has the best fresh rolls. Thai Blossom is also very good. Their green curry, for instance, is lighter and the vegetables and extremely fresh. It's not uncommon to have green curry at other Thai restaurants and leave feeling overly full from the rich coconut milk, but not at Thai Blossom. Theirs had all the flavor, but far less of the fat. Plus the interior is very inviting.

#5 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Chantara in EDH TC and Lemongrass in Sacramento off Munroe (lohman plaza) are very good as well.

I LOVE Lemongrass!
I got food poisoning at one of the larger chain Thai places (on J St) & haven't been much of a fan of that type of cooking since.

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

I LOVE Lemongrass!
I got food poisoning at one of the larger chain Thai places (on J St) & haven't been much of a fan of that type of cooking since.

Lemongrass is Vietnamese though. Still love them. Also that vietnamese place on Fair Oaks and Alhambra. Star Jasmine, I think? I love that one. Wish there was one of those in Folsom.

#7 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Lemongrass is Vietnamese though. Still love them. Also that vietnamese place on Fair Oaks and Alhambra. Star Jasmine, I think? I love that one. Wish there was one of those in Folsom.

Actually, Mai Pham (Lemon Grass Restaurant) pulls flavors from Thailand and Vietnam.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#8 stangage70

stangage70

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

Plus the interior is very inviting.

I find the Folsom Thai interior to be very impressive with all the custom woodwork.

#9 mando

mando

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

I find the Folsom Thai interior to be very impressive with all the custom woodwork.

Ditto. Nice ambiance.

#10 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

do you mean Thai Blossom? yes, it is cool in there!

#11 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

My son and I stopped in there yesterday for a late lunch. Both of our meals were very tasty.

As I always do the first tome i go to a Thai restaurant, I ordered the shrimp pad thai "kind of spicy, not Thai spicy". The woman taking our order talked to me to figured out just how spicy I wanted it and delivered it with chili powder on the plate in case it wasn't hot enough. The prawns were perfectly cooked and were salty and briny, tasted like the sea.

My son ordered the Tom Yum noodle soup. They made sure he knew he was ordering something spicy. It was fabulous and HUGE. He ate lots of the noodles and most of the broth before he asked for a "to go" container. They added a separate container of more broth so the noodles wouldn't be too dry. Nice touch.

Before we left my foodie 9-yr old said, "this is a come-back-again place for sure." He's right.

#12 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

My son and I stopped in there yesterday for a late lunch. Both of our meals were very tasty.

As I always do the first tome i go to a Thai restaurant, I ordered the shrimp pad thai "kind of spicy, not Thai spicy". The woman taking our order talked to me to figured out just how spicy I wanted it and delivered it with chili powder on the plate in case it wasn't hot enough. The prawns were perfectly cooked and were salty and briny, tasted like the sea.

My son ordered the Tom Yum noodle soup. They made sure he knew he was ordering something spicy. It was fabulous and HUGE. He ate lots of the noodles and most of the broth before he asked for a "to go" container. They added a separate container of more broth so the noodles wouldn't be too dry. Nice touch.

Before we left my foodie 9-yr old said, "this is a come-back-again place for sure." He's right.

I'm hungry now!!

#13 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

NHARDY!!!
Where the hell have you been?? Haven't seen you on here for ages!
I love Thai Paradise, but they recently raised their prices and I usually am left wanting more vegetables in my dishes.

#14 stangage70

stangage70

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

do you mean Thai Blossom? yes, it is cool in there!

No I meant Folsom Thai - just like was typed.
While Thai Blossom is fine, it doesn't compare to Folsom Thai (over by REI).

#15 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

Lemongrass is Vietnamese though.

Well that explains why I like them then. The place that ruined thai for me was Thai Basil....never was much of a fan anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users