5 replies to this topic

#1 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:43 AM

Anyone have it? I got it the other day. Tons-O-Fun!
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#2 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:59 AM

I purchased one of the Madden games a few years ago (as well as a Baseball game too) and just wasn't able to "get into it".

I used to love playing sports games on the Intellivision when I was a kid, but all these new sports games just seem way too complicated, and much more strategic oriented, instead of tactically oriented. Is that a fair assessment, or am I missing something?

#3 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

I got Madden 04 and it was awesome. I think the biggest thing I don't have as compared to 10 years ago is a playing partner! The wife won't let me play around her or the kids, so I am forced in to late-night exile... dry.gif

#4 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE(john @ Aug 11 2005, 10:35 AM)
I got Madden 04 and it was awesome. I think the biggest thing I don't have as compared to 10 years ago is a playing partner! The wife won't let me play around her or the kids, so I am forced in to late-night exile...  dry.gif

View Post

The wife wouldn't let you play Madden around the kids? GTA or Battelfield 2 I can understand, but football? Wow. That's tough.

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

she doesn't want the kids addicted to Playstation at an early age. I tend to agree though - I'd rather they go outside and play.

#6 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(bishmasterb @ Aug 11 2005, 09:59 AM)
I purchased one of the Madden games a few years ago (as well as a Baseball game too) and just wasn't able to "get into it".

I used to love playing sports games on the Intellivision when I was a kid, but all these new sports games just seem way too complicated, and much more strategic oriented, instead of tactically oriented. Is that a fair assessment, or am I missing something?

View Post

Yeah sports gaming has become very realistic with regards to strategy. Each team is pretty much exactly the same as real life. Knowing their strengths and weakness' definitely helps.

I also agree with John, playing against the computer is not nearly as fun as playing against another person. I've debated picking up the Online Pack to start playing others, but I'm afraid I would turn into a hardcore gamer.
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users