#16 Adamal

Adamal

Web Geek

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (MaxineR @ Mar 2 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Human nature being what it is, we want to down play this and rationalize it with other nonrelated things.

The fact is, it doesn't take too many to kill or wound dozens of people.

Think Fort Hood. Nobody thought that after this man had joined the service and been educated he would choose to act in such a violent way....but he did. Why?

If being here, being educated and in the service didn't prevent his getting out his gun and shooting at fellow officers, what will it take?

There is in fact, pockets of Muslins that our government is watching because of the threat they pose. Why give them more numbers for us to have to watch?

There IS a valid concern here, when so much violence is connected to this religion.

By that rational we should be watching anyone with overly religious tendencies. Timothy McVeigh was a Christian fanatic, should we be watching all Christian's too?

Don't let fear ever be a deciding factor in any rational decision. Besides you're way more likely to get killed in a car crash or even struck by lightning that being killed by a terrorist.

#17 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

By that rational we should be watching anyone with overly religious tendencies. Timothy McVeigh was a Christian fanatic, should we be watching all Christian's too?

Just so we're clear...you equate worldwide jihadism with Timothy McVeigh...mmmm, ok.

" Not much different than any other other ethnic neighborhood in a society."

Except that little Italy isn't fostering anti-Democracy hate and recruiting suicide bombers...

I'm not worrying about getting killed my Muslims, I'm concerned because their religious/political ideology is one and the same...AND it is insinuating itself into "free" countries in an incremental fashion. Unfortunately, when doing so, it DOES NOT recognize the rights of others (non-believers) as equal. It does not recognize the separation of church and state.

Don't you find it odd that to question Mohamed, draw pictures of him, etc results in riots, death threats, and calls for jihad..while Christians and Jews can be lampooned, questioned and diminished without repercussion? It's called social-philosophical maturity. A mature belief system does not call for ones head when it is questioned. A mature belief system does not include honor killings, or extreme repression of women. Shall I go on?

All belief systems are not equal. All morals are not equal. All ideologies are not equal.

And no, I am not a member of any organized religion...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#18 Adamal

Adamal

Web Geek

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (JBailey @ Mar 2 2010, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just so we're clear...you equate worldwide jihadism with Timothy McVeigh...mmmm, ok.

Just so we're clear... you equate a religion with terrorist organizations that use said religion for recruitment.

There are secs within Christianity and other major religions that are equally as messed up. No religion's holy book is any more moral than any others. People pick and choose which parts of their holy books they want to believe anyways and it is usually the one that fits with their pre-existing world view.

#19 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Adamal @ Mar 3 2010, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just so we're clear... you equate a religion with terrorist organizations that use said religion for recruitment.

Answer...yes. I equate this religion with terrorist organizations worldwide. They don't USE the religion for recruitment. Look up fundamentalist sometime...here, I'll do it for you:

Fundamentalism refers to a belief in a strict adherence to a set of basic principles...

"Islamic fundamentalism" is most often used to describe Muslim individuals and groups which advocate Islamism, a political ideology calling for the replacement of state secular laws with Islamic law.

There are secs within Christianity and other major religions that are equally as messed up.

True to a point. Fundamental Christians are not waging a worldwide jihad against anyone. And, they do not compromise the huge percentages of the fundamentalist sect of Islam. Look into how many fundamentalist people get elected in Muslim countries (hint, it's typically over 50%)

No religion's holy book is any more moral than any others. People pick and choose which parts of their holy books they want to believe anyways and it is usually the one that fits with their pre-existing world view.

Unfortunately, the "pre-existing worldview" of fundamentalist Muslims is the problem.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#20 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

Anyone else besides me notice that the liberals are giving this a complete pass?
How come Christians aren't supposed to say Christmas anymore, but it's a-ok to say Happy Eid Al-Adha, a muslim holiday. You won't see Merry Christmas in any ads, but you'll see this below

Integration and assimilation my behind, they don't and won't and we must cater to them, not vice versa.
We are so screwed

#21 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Mar 3 2010, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else besides me notice that the liberals are giving this a complete pass?
How come Christians aren't supposed to say Christmas anymore, but it's a-ok to say Happy Eid Al-Adha, a muslim holiday. You won't see Merry Christmas in any ads, but you'll see this below

Integration and assimilation my behind, they don't and won't and we must cater to them, not vice versa.
We are so screwed

Good example of how things are going. Lovely....no wonder Americans are drinking more these days!

#22 Adamal

Adamal

Web Geek

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (MaxineR @ Mar 3 2010, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good example of how things are going. Lovely....no wonder Americans are drinking more these days!

Yeah I guess it has nothing to do with the bad economy. I always thought one of the strengths of early America is that we took the best parts of the cultures that made us up and made them our own. And really do you think that there would be a big enough migration to make any difference here in America? In Europe sure, its a problem, but here no so much.

#23 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Adamal @ Mar 3 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I guess it has nothing to do with the bad economy. I always thought one of the strengths of early America is that we took the best parts of the cultures that made us up and made them our own. And really do you think that there would be a big enough migration to make any difference here in America? In Europe sure, its a problem, but here no so much.

That was the case, until they started over breeding and taking over and making us adhere to their cultural rules while throwing ours to the side. it's easy to do when so many bleeding hearts want to cater to them to appease them. We will soon be minorities in our own country, praise Allah, God and Christianity will soon become banned words, enjoy them while you still can.

#24 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Mar 3 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was the case, until they started over breeding and taking over and making us adhere to their cultural rules while throwing ours to the side. it's easy to do when so many bleeding hearts want to cater to them to appease them. We will soon be minorities in our own country, praise Allah, God and Christianity will soon become banned words, enjoy them while you still can.

I thought Allah was God confused.gif
"We must recognize that this short life can neither be ennobled or enriched by hatred or revenge."

RFK

#25 Adamal

Adamal

Web Geek

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Mar 3 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chicken little the sky is not falling. I agree with you that within 50 years there is a good chance white anglos will be a minority in this country. However, the current population of Muslims in this country is so low that they would all have to have at least 20 kids per pair to even have a chance of overtaking anyone. Sorry but I think the Mormons have them beat smile.gif

Since it is a religion and not a "race" I guess they could always convert us. I wouldn't convert, would you? I fear the power of our government and the current economic outlook for America orders of magnitude more than I fear any religion or "race".

#26 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (Adamal @ Mar 4 2010, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chicken little the sky is not falling. I agree with you that within 50 years there is a good chance white anglos will be a minority in this country. However, the current population of Muslims in this country is so low that they would all have to have at least 20 kids per pair to even have a chance of overtaking anyone. Sorry but I think the Mormons have them beat smile.gif

Since it is a religion and not a "race" I guess they could always convert us. I wouldn't convert, would you? I fear the power of our government and the current economic outlook for America orders of magnitude more than I fear any religion or "race".

I guess as a woman who loves her freedom I have more fear of the extremist version of this religion than any other religion that comes to mind. I don't like the idea of a separate religious law that would allow a husband to beat his wife. I don't want to cover up to walk outside. I know there doesn't seem to be a likelihood this would ever happen in our country that loves freedom, unless maybe if we look away long enough.

I'm trying to think of a Christian, Buddhist, or Mormon or example of another religion that has leaders all over the globe teaching extreme versions of those religions that are specifically targeting and trying to kill as many civilians as possible or that strap bombs to their women and children and I just can't come up with one.

#27 Adamal

Adamal

Web Geek

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (ducky @ Mar 4 2010, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess as a woman who loves her freedom I have more fear of the extremist version of this religion than any other religion that comes to mind. I don't like the idea of a separate religious law that would allow a husband to beat his wife. I don't want to cover up to walk outside. I know there doesn't seem to be a likelihood this would ever happen in our country that loves freedom, unless maybe if we look away long enough.

I'm trying to think of a Christian, Buddhist, or Mormon or example of another religion that has leaders all over the globe teaching extreme versions of those religions that are specifically targeting and trying to kill as many civilians as possible or that strap bombs to their women and children and I just can't come up with one.

How are they going to force their version of religion over you. First you're protected from any kind of invasion by the best army in the world. Second there their laws and morals are such against our own they would never even get enough votes to change a single law in a single location in this country. Seriously if you loose any sleep over these peoples and their views don't leave your house or get out of bed. It is far more likely you'll be hit by a bus or hurt in numerous other ways. And by far more likely I mean you would be more likely to win the California lottery twice then ever meeting one of these guys in the US.

#28 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (Adamal @ Mar 4 2010, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How are they going to force their version of religion over you. First you're protected from any kind of invasion by the best army in the world. Second there their laws and morals are such against our own they would never even get enough votes to change a single law in a single location in this country. Seriously if you loose any sleep over these peoples and their views don't leave your house or get out of bed. It is far more likely you'll be hit by a bus or hurt in numerous other ways. And by far more likely I mean you would be more likely to win the California lottery twice then ever meeting one of these guys in the US.

Exaggerate much? The only thing you left out is if I'm over 40 and single I'd be more likely to be attacked by a terrorist than get married tongue.gif

I never said I lose any sleep. I do think about it, though, especially every time I fly on a plane.

#29 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (swmr545 @ Mar 4 2010, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought Allah was God confused.gif

Oops, meant mohamed I guess. I'm not really hip to their religion but whatever you do, don't say anything bad about it or they'll put a death warrant out on you. But feel free to slam Christians all you want, they're ok with that and might even provide you with explosives to get rid of a few. They don't like us very much.

#30 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Adamal @ Mar 4 2010, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First you're protected from any kind of invasion by the best army in the world.

Where was that protection on 9/11?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users