Adamal

Web Geek

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Mar 4 2010, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where was that protection on 9/11?

9/11 was tragic and a terrorist attack, not an invasion. There is no way we can protect ourselves 100% from these kinds of things from happening. Personally I think the government took their eyes off the ball (both administrations). As a citizen if you see something suspicious report it, but don't go out in the street lynching any Muslims you find.

#32 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Adamal @ Mar 4 2010, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
9/11 was tragic and a terrorist attack, not an invasion. There is no way we can protect ourselves 100% from these kinds of things from happening. Personally I think the government took their eyes off the ball (both administrations). As a citizen if you see something suspicious report it, but don't go out in the street lynching any Muslims you find.

Nobody here has said they desire anything remotely like the underlined should happen except you.

As far as protecting ourselves against things like that, yes, we can do something about it.

An Afghan-born Colorado airport bus driver has pleaded guilty to plotting to blow up New York's subway system.
http://news.bbc.co.u...cas/8528998.stm

#33 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

"I fear the power of our government and the current economic outlook for America orders of magnitude more than I fear any religion or "race"."

At last, something we can wholeheartedly agree on! smile.gif

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#34 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Mar 3 2010, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else besides me notice that the liberals are giving this a complete pass?
How come Christians aren't supposed to say Christmas anymore, but it's a-ok to say Happy Eid Al-Adha, a muslim holiday. You won't see Merry Christmas in any ads, but you'll see this below

Integration and assimilation my behind, they don't and won't and we must cater to them, not vice versa.
We are so screwed

When and where is it that Christians aren't supposed to say Merry Christmas? I am not a Christian and wish all my fellow Christians Merry Christmas during the holiday season...no one ever complained....

I have had only one instance - in WINCO - when a Jew lady got upset when the checkout clerk wished her Merry Christmas...

At work, they try to be PC and all mass mailings say Happy Holidays, hold parties and do white-elephant with eveyone dressed in Chrismassy colors...who's kidding whom?

#35 FolsomVW

FolsomVW

Veteran

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Folsom Guy @ Mar 1 2010, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well - the terrorists are on the run in Afghanistan and Pakistan - either being killed or captured at a rate faster than ever - and Obama is the liberal symbol...so, something had to be drudged out to criticize...

'coz I was in England recently - in London as well as in small towns in South and North - and saw no signs of any impending Islamization anywhere.....

You've got that right on both counts. This guy Geert is an absolute hater, plain and simple. Did I miss the part where he mentions how France banned girls face scarves in schools, and the Swiss banned the minarets. Wait a minute, European is looking more like a nation of (Shari'a) laws!

#36 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:45 AM

Europe is fighting back as they are losing ground. Geert is gaining in popularity in his home country...and abroad...
"Geert Wilders’s Freedom Party is on course to top the polls in the Dutch election in the summer, after tremendous gains in local elections this week – it came first in Almere and second in The Hague, the two only local authorities the party contested, and this despite Wilders being put on trial earlier this year for “insulting Islam”.

Geert, new William of oange?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#37 FolsomVW

FolsomVW

Veteran

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (JBailey @ Mar 5 2010, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Europe is fighting back as they are losing ground. Geert is gaining in popularity in his home country...and abroad...
"Geert Wilders’s Freedom Party is on course to top the polls in the Dutch election in the summer, after tremendous gains in local elections this week – it came first in Almere and second in The Hague, the two only local authorities the party contested, and this despite Wilders being put on trial earlier this year for “insulting Islam”.

Geert, new William of oange?

American didn't get its nickname, "The Melting Pot" for nothing! We won't follow the lead of European countries in this regard. With the exception of a very small sliver of people who blame others for their own positions in life, and fear things they don't really understand, we come to accept our differences, and more than anything still agree that Liberty should spread far and wide, and not just to people who look like me.

#38 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (FolsomVW @ Mar 5 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
American didn't get its nickname, "The Melting Pot" for nothing! We won't follow the lead of European countries in this regard. With the exception of a very small sliver of people who blame others for their own positions in life, and fear things they don't really understand, we come to accept our differences, and more than anything still agree that Liberty should spread far and wide, and not just to people who look like me.

Yep, we are the melting pot. But it seems now most foreigners aren't doing any melting.
i.e. they insist on keeping their ways and not adopting our ways. They feel we have to print all material in their languages as well as our language, English. They feel we have to respect their religion while crying foul when Americans try to enjoy our religions.

Times are a changing. it used to be foreigners came here and changed into Americans. Now foreigners come here and don't change, they cling to their homeland ways and traditions. I find nothing more insulting than when a foreigner marches against our government waving their native lands flag. I find it insulting when foreigners come here and insist upon their traditions being broadcast publicly.
I would rather be Backpacking

#39 FolsomVW

FolsomVW

Veteran

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Mar 5 2010, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, we are the melting pot. But it seems now most foreigners aren't doing any melting.
i.e. they insist on keeping their ways and not adopting our ways. They feel we have to print all material in their languages as well as our language, English. They feel we have to respect their religion while crying foul when Americans try to enjoy our religions.

Times are a changing. it used to be foreigners came here and changed into Americans. Now foreigners come here and don't change, they cling to their homeland ways and traditions. I find nothing more insulting than when a foreigner marches against our government waving their native lands flag. I find it insulting when foreigners come here and insist upon their traditions being broadcast publicly.

I don't think it's for me to tell first generation immigrants that they have to give up the ties to their heritage, just because my ancestors gave up theirs. That's not how I see the melting pot under the guise of assimilation. My great grandmother immigrated here when my grandfather was just 13, and she never spoke anything but Italian. She communicated with me through girdling hugs, forcefed ravioles and excessive two handed cheek pinching. She didn't hurt society because of it. And I never hear non-english speaking immigrants demanding forms in a second language. Perhaps you understand them without a translated, eh?

I believe freedom of speach extends to residents and immigrants a lot. Why should you let what other people do, that doesn't affect you, bother you so much? Are you actually concerned about the proportion of publishing costs involved... Since we allow nonenglish speakers to immigrate and vacation here, there still exists a need for translated.materials.

They will eventually take on more traditionally Americans qualities, including speaking English just like my grandfather and his siblings did. Not having retained any of the traditions that my European ancestors once enjoyed, I'd never call for others to do the same. Maybe I'm the only person here who feels this way.

#40 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (FolsomVW @ Mar 5 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it's for me to tell first generation immigrants that they have to give up the ties to their heritage, just because my ancestors gave up theirs. That's not how I see the melting pot under the guise of assimilation. My great grandmother immigrated here when my grandfather was just 13, and she never spoke anything but Italian. She communicated with me through girdling hugs, forcefed ravioles and excessive two handed cheek pinching. She didn't hurt society because of it. And I never hear non-english speaking immigrants demanding forms in a second language. Perhaps you understand them without a translated, eh?

I believe freedom of speach extends to residents and immigrants a lot. Why should you let what other people do, that doesn't affect you, bother you so much? Are you actually concerned about the proportion of publishing costs involved... Since we allow nonenglish speakers to immigrate and vacation here, there still exists a need for translated.materials.

They will eventually take on more traditionally Americans qualities, including speaking English just like my grandfather and his siblings did. Not having retained any of the traditions that my European ancestors once enjoyed, I'd never call for others to do the same. Maybe I'm the only person here who feels this way.

That's not what I said, try again if you want to reply to what I said, you can start with one of the two items in the 2nd paragraph.
I would rather be Backpacking

#41 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (FolsomVW @ Mar 5 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You better start learning how to speak spanish and whatever language it is muslims speak. It's frightening how you're so easy to roll over and let another culture take over America. You need to step outside your tiny world and look around, just because YOU don't see something doesn't mean it's not happening.

*LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT.*

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET :

* A JOB,
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,
* A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
* BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY’S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON’T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION

#42 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

THE DUDE........

Stupid aren't we? We give free housing, education, even health care and food to people here illegally and we get very little in the way of them contributing to our society, in the way of their intellect, because they mostly don't have the skills we need. They contribute only to our labor market, that requires little training.

My son tried to get a job in construction to pay for his college and couldn't because the illegals now control that market...same with landscaping. A friend told him he didn't get hired because he might give the owner of those companies trouble, because he couldn't speak Spanish, and communicate with the other workers, which were mostly Latino! He had to take a job as a server in a restaurant! He likes the out doors and would rather work outdoors than indoors.

I know that it is very unpopular to say, but I feel that much of our economic problems are as a result of our legal AND illegal immigration. Neither group comes here with a college degree and competes with our citizens for lower paying employment. Because of this we have far more people here working in labor type jobs, but fewer of those types jobs for them to fill.

It just doesn't work to allow anyone to just cross the border anymore. Not with most of our jobs going over seas. I feel this is one of the reasons we are going down the drain as a nation.

#43 Inwit

Inwit

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Mar 5 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT.*

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

Unless you are a bimbo journalist and can get an ex-president to beg for your release.

I still wonder to this day how much moula Clinton had to promise Kim Jong Il to secure her release. Makes me sick to think about it.
n. 1. Inward sense; mind; understanding; conscience.

#44 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

Perhaps he sent him some cigars.... tongue.gif

"Why should you let what other people do, that doesn't affect you, bother you so much? "

Your premise is false. What they do does affect me... and you

You feel the effect every time you have to press 1 for English...every time you have to compete for work they do cheaply and illegally... every time you have to wait hours in an ER, where the first question you are asked is what your nationality is... every time you have to communicate a thought or idea to an employee that cannot comprehend the basics of English... every time you pay taxes for their subsidized housing, food stamps and other assistance... every time you get in an accident with an uninsured illegal... every time a crime is committed, and you pay to incarcerate the illegal....etc, etc, etc.

#45 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Mar 1 2010, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Islamification is accelerating,

I've been getting chills about this for a while now, I was in Mumbai during the most recent terrorist attack (luckily I wasn't near the city,) Islamification is a clear and present danger. But so is ALL religion. Muslims blow up buildings with suicide bombers, Christians blow up buildings with patriot missiles.

RELIGION is accelerating, that's what keeps me up at night.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users