Photo

Sarah Palin Used To Go To Canada For Health Care!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (uberman @ Mar 10 2010, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rofl.gif

Who said the Bush Administration's departure from the White House would result in a lack of material!? Sarah Palin, as a regular "everywoman," provides more comedic gold in 1 sentence, than all of Obama's gaffes thus far.

It's a great time to be a comedian! Is there like a RSS feed for everything Palin says? I want to start writing up to the minute jokes.

If Palin is so funny to you then why don't you set the same thing up for Joe Biden....? He seems to get a pass from you leftists and the media.... I wonder why...? Chris

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden

"A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States — Barack America!" --Joe Biden, at his first campaign rally with Barack Obama (Watch video clip)

"If your kitchen table is like mine, you sit there at night before you put the kids to bed and you talk about what you need. You talk about how much you are worried about being able to pay the bills. Ladies and gentlemen, that is not a worry John McCain has to worry about. It's a pretty hard experience. He'll have to figure out which of the seven kitchen tables to sit at." --Joe Biden

"There's only three things he mentions in a sentence -- a noun, a verb, and 9/11." --Joe Biden, on Rudy Giuliani (Watch video clip)

"I should start with an apology to Rudy Giuliani. I said every sentence Rudy utters has a noun, a verb, and 9/11 in it. I was wrong. He called me to tell me after Pat Robertson's endorsement, there's an Amen in every sentence he says too." --Joe Biden

"Yes." --Joe Biden, giving a one-word answer during a Democratic debate to NBC Anchor Brian Wiliams, who cited criticism of Biden's "uncontrolled verbosity" and tendency to be a “gaffe machine” in asking whether he would "have the discipline you would need on the world stage"

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." --Joe Biden on Barack Obama

"I got tested for AIDS. I know Barack got tested for AIDS. There's no shame in being tested for AIDS. It's an important thing."

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." --Joe Biden

1A - 2A = -1A

#17 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

A politician whose actions contradicts their words and beliefs are genuine and true politician. THis "syndrome" is shared by most politicians of all parties.

#18 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (bordercolliefan @ Mar 9 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course we don't want to. We want to combine the BEST of public health care with the BEST of private healthcare.

Seeing's how we're #37 (France is #1), we should be lifting the best ideas from countries 1 through 36.

But some people are so prejudiced against anything that's done in other countries, they refuse to consider new ideas. We have become a very close-minded, parochial country.

France is #1...?

come on ... it's been widely reported that the way the French do emergency treatment is not the best... I call your attention to the Princess Diana who got into a bad car accident.. you remember that one...?

#19 Dat Orc Homey

Dat Orc Homey

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (EDF @ Mar 12 2010, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
France is #1...?

come on ... it's been widely reported that the way the French do emergency treatment is not the best... I call your attention to the Princess Diana who got into a bad car accident.. you remember that one...?

Concrete pillar. Head-on collision. 65mph. No seat belts.

Yeah, it's obviously the fault of socialized medicine.
Rollin deep in a Lincoln

#20 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Dat Orc Homey @ Mar 12 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you remember, America's practice on handling that situation and France's differs. In America we try to get the patient to the hospital ASAP where they have all the equipment needed to treat the person. In France they try to stabilize the patient first, then transport.

While the American approach makes more sense to me, the French may have a very good reason for their practice. The systems are just different.

I work with a French national. I'll ask him about this next week. By the way, he prefers the American medical system, but he is shocked by the high cost.

#21 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (Carl G @ Mar 13 2010, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you remember, America's practice on handling that situation and France's differs. In America we try to get the patient to the hospital ASAP where they have all the equipment needed to treat the person. In France they try to stabilize the patient first, then transport.

While the American approach makes more sense to me, the French may have a very good reason for their practice. The systems are just different.

I work with a French national. I'll ask him about this next week. By the way, he prefers the American medical system, but he is shocked by the high cost.

You are correct... I remember watching coverage of this story and it was widely reported here that they think she would have been saved had she been taken to the hostipal sooner...

As for the costs... well the reason it's "cheaper" is that they have higher taxes on everything else... and that's what funds all their "social programs".. what does gas cost there..? and this is what is coming here...

They are going to increase coverage to folks who don't pay now, including illegal aliens... and spread it around to the rest of us...

I've been to the doctor recently and I can tell you that I think my plan at Kaiser is great... and yea it's expensive...

and....Yea I have a "co-pay" too in addition to the monthly bill... but I can't believe how well I have been treated...

#22 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Chris @ Mar 10 2010, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Palin is so funny to you then why don't you set the same thing up for Joe Biden....? He seems to get a pass from you leftists and the media.... I wonder why...? Chris

Because we're talking about Sarah Palin. Why does Sarah Palin get a pass from you rightists and the media? I wonder why...?

QUOTE (Dat Orc Homey @ Mar 12 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl.gif
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#23 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

"Because we're talking about Sarah Palin."

Right. The whole supposition by those wailing about Sarah Palin and her health care "inconsistencies" was debunked earlier in this thread. So the reason we are talking about her is because of an incorrect premise from a PDS induced article. So in essence, she is not "getting a pass," there never should have been an issue in the first place...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users