4 replies to this topic

#1 Walnut

Walnut

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

It's my general observation that the security cars have become less frequent over the last year. And I also think the CC&R enforcement has dropped off, too. Has any other Parkway resident noticed same? Or is it my imagination?

Several years ago, I got a letter within days of installing (but not painting) my satellite dish, or an overnight houseguest would get a notice for parking on the street. But lately cars have gone unticketed, an my new HDTV antenna was up for over six months before I got just a phone call telling me to paint it.

I've seen violation-creep, too, at nearby houses. Things that wouldn't have been tolerated prior are now seemingly going unchallenged.

I expected our HOA dues to go up this year, given the number of vacancies and foreclosures, but they didn't. Maybe the stable parts of Parkway offset the more recent segments with higher turnover. And (or?) maybe the management company cut back on expenses, like the security company?

#2 andy

andy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

Or is it my imagination?

I think it's your imagination...I see security a lot and just got a letter about MY dish, so I'll be paintin' it soon.

Remember that there are a lot of foreclosures and vacant homes right now...something the Parkways masks quite well. It's pretty tough to enforce a minor CC&R when the house is vacant. Overall, things look pretty much like they always have to me. I'm very happy in the Parkways.

#3 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

I see the security vehicle drive on our court maybe 5-6 times a day. The other guys that do the enforcement, usually in the little white pickup, I don't see those guys much, but then again, I never have. They're kinda sneaky when they come around. For the most part, nothing has changed on our street that I can see. Nice and clean.

#4 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Nothing has changed on my street. The car parked across the street overnight had a note.

#5 Walnut

Walnut

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad its my imagination. I am very happy in the Parkway, too. I bought my home here in part because of the strict CC&Rs and well-maintained yards and common areas. Glad that's not changing, all things considered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users