• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 morninglory

morninglory

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

Anyone knows when the proposed park off Silberhorn dr & Morningside Dr will be ready? 

#2 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

Looks like someone asked the exact same question almost TEN YEARS ago here:

http://www.tomatopag...?showtopic=5221

#3 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

And according to this February 2015 document, I imagine the question will be posed in another ten years as well . . . .

http://ci.folsom.ca..../DO130235/1.PDF

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

That's the way it looks.  Under the Parks & Rec Current Status all I could find was the Park Site #44, Blue Ravine & Parkway Drive North, and then things relating to irrigation and planting lots of trees along the Rodeo grounds trail.

Park #53, which I believe is the one being questioned, was being kept a passive park as of 1/7/2014 Parks & Rec meeting.

#5 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

Park  Site #44 will now be called Econome Family Park.  Plans are in place for two full sized synthetic turf soccer fields (they will be lighted).  Two basketball courts and two tennis courts (also lighted). 136 parking spaces.  A kids play area is planned as well.  City and architects  are considering other options including volleyball and bocce ball courts, though those were not approved in the original plan.  This plan is going forward with a tentative completion of sometime in 2017, possibly sooner.

As for the other parks,that is something that the city needs to address. The city of Folsom has too many unfinished parks (such as Livermore) and parks that are are mired in the planning stage (I believe it totals 22) and the city should make them  a priority but too many excuses as to why they aren't being completed. Maybe being so nice and cozy to developers over the past 20 years and having such a low lot fee is mostly to blame.

#6 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

Bumping due to today's thread re "Econome Park."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Park, Empire Ranch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users