137 replies to this topic

#16 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:07 PM

What about the little boy who shoots his first deer and pictures get put on the internet to show how proud the parents are of him...

#17 Folsomdad

Folsomdad

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:12 PM

I can think of a lot of things that occur in nature that don't necessarily need to be photographed and shared....but if that floats your boat more power to you.

#18 _john_doe_

_john_doe_

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(davburr @ Oct 30 2007, 06:41 PM) View Post
my cat brings a dead mouse or bird to our front porch at least once a month - he's a very good mouser and I like that he's helping keep the rodent population down.

you should take picks of them and post them here!

What work I have done I have done because it has been play. If it had been work I shouldn't have done it. Who was it who said, "Blessed is the man who has found his work"? Whoever it was he had the right idea in his mind. Mark you, he says his work--not somebody else's work. The work that is really a man's own work is play and not work at all. Cursed is the man who has found some other man's work and cannot lose it. When we talk about the great workers of the world we really mean the great players of the world. The fellows who groan and sweat under the weary load of toil that they bear never can hope to do anything great. How can they when their souls are in a ferment of revolt against the employment of their hands and brains? The product of slavery, intellectual or physical, can never be great.
Mark Twain

#19 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:37 AM

Cats are not a natural predator to this area. They should not be allowed outside. Plus they nasty up the air when they spray in people's yards and gardens.

I like cats--but they should be indoor pets only.

I guess the same could be said for dogs, too..though.

hmmm--on the other hand; how many people have ever been seen walking their cat on a leash and bagging up their cat's dooty?

I used to have cats when I was a kid. I used to hate when they would catch snakes and bring them into the house.

Nothing good comes of chasing a 5 foot long king snake through the kitchen with your mom standing on the kitchen table and smacking you with the broom "accidentally" while shouting "get it, get it"

And holy macarel; why do the dang cats have to go after the stupid squirrels at midnight--on the roof of your house? Or bring in shrews and put them in your favorite pair of moccasin slippers?

And why do cats gotta give you funny looks when you matter of factly tell them they are fat? None of my dogs ever did--they just turn their heads-cock their ears up and drool at you.

And granted-I never had a dog bring me a "gift" after hunting in the form of prey--but I have had a dog chase away burglers.

Yup--cats sure are fickle about the way they show they love ya.

Ps--I too am a bird lover--but I don't want to see animals get hurt. Mostly-I thinktha's a private thing between predator and prey--and in your case--the benefactor.

#20 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:39 AM

So my parents live in the sticks and they have had a couple cats disappear over the last few weeks. Apparently, last week, one of the cats got dragged out of their little house they sleep in on the front porch by a badger. My dad heard the cat screaming so he ran outside to see this badger with the cats head in it's mouth. The badger ran off but that cat was so scared it didn't move at all for 2 days. I will try to get some pictures.... biggrin.gif

#21 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Oct 31 2007, 07:39 AM) View Post
... My dad heard the cat screaming so he ran outside to see this badger with the cats head in it's mouth. The badger ran off but that cat was so scared it didn't move at all for 2 days. I will try to get some pictures.... biggrin.gif

Your killing me here! rofl.gif

#22 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:02 AM

When I was a child, I was fascinated when my brothers and I would happen across a dead animal. We'd look at it, etc. I've grown up since those days. I have no need or desire to stare at or glorify dead animals for some sort of sick pleasure. Maturity...it's a wonderful thing !! dry.gif
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#23 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(_john_ @ Oct 31 2007, 12:06 AM) View Post
you should take picks of them and post them here!

laugh.gif never thought about taking a pic of it cause by the time I see it - its just a chewed up offering on the front porch. Andrea's action shots are much better

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#24 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Oct 31 2007, 09:02 AM) View Post
I have no need or desire to stare at or glorify dead animals for some sort of sick pleasure. Maturity...it's a wonderful thing !! dry.gif

Geezus it sounds like you guys wanna ban National Geographic and other nature shows next? This is nature and how it works - thats all it is.

#25 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Oct 31 2007, 09:02 AM) View Post
When I was a child, I was fascinated when my brothers and I would happen across a dead animal. We'd look at it, etc. I've grown up since those days. I have no need or desire to stare at or glorify dead animals for some sort of sick pleasure. Maturity...it's a wonderful thing !! dry.gif

So your definition of maturity has to do with: No more curioustiy, no more learning. Everything that could seem childish is, and you won't have any part of it.

#26 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Oct 31 2007, 09:13 AM) View Post
So your definition of maturity has to do with: No more curioustiy, no more learning. Everything that could seem childish is, and you won't have any part of it.

“Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.”

“A person's maturity consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play”

#27 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Oct 31 2007, 08:06 AM) View Post
Geezus it sounds like you guys wanna ban National Geographic and other nature shows next? This is nature and how it works - thats all it is.

That's what I was thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chip-clip is just whining because it was me who posted it... if it was vanderveen he'd be swinging from his nu..... saying how cool it is!
<3

#28 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:29 AM

See, I get the whole nature's way thing, but that bird looked save-able. Maybe it's just me but I'm a softie and would have taken it away from kitty and tried nursing it back to health instead of throwing it back out in the yard for further torture. That's just me.

It's not like kitty needed it for food for survival like a lion hunting its prey so I'm not getting that comparison. My cat gets its food from Petco. They have toys for cats there, too.

I sure hope nobody has pics of their kids pulling the legs off frogs or something. If you do, please put a big disclaimer or keep them to yourself.

#29 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Oct 28 2007, 09:27 PM) View Post
My cat was yelling MEOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!! So I asked if chris hurt the kitty, and he said no, then went to see what she was yelling about.

What we should be asking here is why your first response was asking Chris is he hurt the cat? Is he a cat torturer or something? Maybe he has a little cat torture chamber in the spare room or in the garage? I think there is much more to this story than a cat killing a bird.

#30 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Oct 31 2007, 08:36 AM) View Post
What we should be asking here is why your first response was asking Chris is he hurt the cat? Is he a cat torturer or something? Maybe he has a little cat torture chamber in the spare room or in the garage? I think there is much more to this story than a cat killing a bird.

haaha! No, the kid and I were playing guitar hero, and I could not see chris, so I though he stepped on her tail or something...the cat was really yelling..... she REALLY wanted us to come see what she got!

Chris loves the kitty (no matter what he tells you) and he'd never hurt an animal our family loves.

Some of you guys are making me laugh so hard!!

ALL it was is I thought it was cool my baby (5 month old) cat who has a BELL around her neck thought it was AWESOME to bring us a bird! I thought I'd share. I still think it is cool!

The TOPIC is my cat killed a bird... and it SAYS there are pictures!

Stay out of MY topics if you don't want to read what I write.
<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users