#137 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Roy @ Mar 10 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So your point is, you pay rediculous high and ever rising HOA to maintain lawn/yard of empty/abandoned houses during drepression?

You have not get my point yet. HOA in Serrano should not cost more than $70 IMO. It is a rip off!

It's a rip off because it costs more than you think it should? I think a Ferrari should cost $30K. Does that make it a rip off at $220K, or does it just make it more expensive than I'm willing to pay? I would love it if it was $70 a month...or $10 a month. It's not, though. Personally, I don't consider it to be quite a rip off at current levels, considering what all they do with that money. I do think that they could take steps to save money while still providing most of the same services, though. Hopefully that will happen.

It will be interesting to see how the HOA responds to the financial crisis, if they do at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they see mounting pressure to trim things down. I know that I have personally written them on this topic as it has pertained to items that they've considered at previous meetings.

#138 Roy

Roy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Andrea V @ Mar 10 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
......Back to topic... I wish we could afford to live in a strict neighborhood like Serrano!

I hate the crazy colors people paint their houses, and when the yard is not cared for in big beautiful houses....

Yeah, but at what price? $170/month and ever rising?

It was $120 only a few years ago. Why you need to pay to hire some "professional" to do this kind of job?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users