26 replies to this topic

#1 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

Just saw an update on Fox 40 news. Apparently the girl went with some people (did not say kidnapped) and drugged/forced to drink "something" and forced to have sex as a prostitute over that 7 day period at motels while she was missing. And they say she was advertised on Craigslist as a prostitute.

They also said she may have got in contact with these "friends" from other teens at the local teen center. And it seems somebody who knew an FBI agent got them to trace her text message which ended up being what led them to find her.

They still have not said anything about arrests, who was with her when she was found, or any other details about who did all this.

Still some big holes in the story and it's a little odd how the Mom said those things about being drugged etc when she should have had no idea what was happening. It still doesn't add up.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#2 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:02 AM

I agree, Darth. Something odd going on here. Oh, and nice to see the teen center doing good things with quality teens. Close it down...
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#3 normajean

normajean

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:13 AM

just a thought...maybe, if that is actually what happened, Kacie was sending text messages to her mom trying to get help...and she didn't know exactly where she was, only that she was around the bay area???? maybe those are the texts that were traced and helped to find her???? hhhhmmmm......

again, until facts are given, if they ever are, all we get to do is speculate, oh, and go on with our own lives!

#4 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE(normajean @ Apr 2 2008, 06:13 AM) View Post
just a thought...maybe, if that is actually what happened, Kacie was sending text messages to her mom trying to get help...and she didn't know exactly where she was, only that she was around the bay area???? maybe those are the texts that were traced and helped to find her???? hhhhmmmm......

again, until facts are given, if they ever are, all we get to do is speculate, oh, and go on with our own lives!

you are right, "bad guys" who drug teens and make them have sex with other people usually let the teen have her cell phone still. In case she wanted to call her mommy. it is the nice thing to do.
<3

#5 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:35 AM

wtf? do you people think the mom was somehow involved in this?

you guys must really hate these people

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#6 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Apr 2 2008, 07:35 AM) View Post
wtf? do you people think the mom was somehow involved in this?

you guys must really hate these people

Nobody ever said that Dav, quit reaching outlandish conclusions. What I had said was I thought it odd she "knew" what was going on when her kid was missing. How could she have known unless she had more info, other than the supposed text that led to her return?

Don't hate these people, just don't get the story.

#7 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:07 AM

you know, the sad thing--in this world:

Is that Darth has is right to suspect everyone when it comes to abuse of a developmentally challenged kid.

I'm not sure this makes Darth a bad guy. It means he has his eyes wide open and looks realistically at the statistics that young girls are most often abused by someone they know.

It's hard for our society to accept that--yet at the same time there has been quuite a bit past history in childrens abuse cases.

I'll leave this case unjudged in my mind--until the police and FBI get a chance to really investigate this case. Clearly, the FBI do not want to share any info and leads they have until they are ready for action. I'm glad of that. It means the evidence they have won't be tarnished and the culprits will stay in jail--once they get there.

As horrifying as this terrible ordeal is I can only wish peace and health to this family.
The only question I have about the report I saw on Fox 40: Why are they calling it Forced prostitution? Obviously, it wasn't. Forced is rape. And those scumbags involved need to die. I am positive that this type of crime falls into the special crime category.
Anyone who "knew" this kid, would have known she was "developmentally" challenged.
Peace to this family, the young girl, and great hurrah--for those who found her.

Poor baby girl.

#8 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Apr 2 2008, 07:48 AM) View Post
Nobody ever said that Dav, quit reaching outlandish conclusions. What I had said was I thought it odd she "knew" what was going on when her kid was missing. How could she have known unless she had more info, other than the supposed text that led to her return?

Don't hate these people, just don't get the story.

"quit reaching outlandish conclusions."

I recommend you do the same and give the family a break, I just don't get why you're so concerned and making it sound like its some kind of conspiracy that the mom had more info etc.

I saw the news report last night too and it looks like the FBI found her via a trace of the text message she sent trying to contact her mom. It is possible to hide a cell phone ya know, or she could have used one of her captors phones which would explain how the texting was traced to the location

Either way - this is a matter between the FBI and the parents - not us.

As the saying goes, sometimes you "don't have a need to know"

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#9 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Apr 2 2008, 07:48 AM) View Post
What I had said was I thought it odd she "knew" what was going on when her kid was missing. How could she have known unless she had more info, other than the supposed text that led to her return?

As I recall (if you have the exact quote, please share it) the mother didn't say she knew what was happening with her daughter. I believe she was stating the things that could be happening to her functionally young, too trusting daughter. The woman was frustrated that law enforcement wasn't getting involved, and she was outraged as to why they weren't pursuing the issue given the fact that her daughter wasn't functionally 17.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#10 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:23 AM

Note: I have deleted the bickering from this thread.

Darth, I searched Fox 40 news, Google News, and other local news sites and cannot find any information on this news update. Can you provide a link to the article/report you saw?
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#11 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(mylo @ Apr 2 2008, 09:23 AM) View Post

Darth, I searched Fox 40 news, Google News, and other local news sites and cannot find any information on this news update. Can you provide a link to the article/report you saw?

I saw it this morning too... it was on fox. I don't know of a written story/ link.
<3

#12 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(mylo @ Apr 2 2008, 10:23 AM) View Post

http://fox40.trb.com/

2nd column of video clips on the left side, the top one that says "4/1 - Teen Forced into Prostitution".

It's the video clip from last night's 10:00 news.
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#13 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Apr 2 2008, 08:10 AM) View Post
As the saying goes, sometimes you "don't have a need to know"

+100

or the "right to know"
I would rather be Backpacking

#14 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Apr 2 2008, 11:37 AM) View Post
+100

or the "right to know"

Spare me will ya. How about -100? The story is on the local Sacramento news, should I not pay attention since I don't have the "right to know" or "need to know?" People post here for help and everybody just takes it at face value. This isn't Top Secret Military stuff here guys.

You pat each other on the back after throwing out those statements when it doesn't make sense.

Where exactly is the line drawn? You seem perfectly fine discussing private aspects of local business/owners and govt even though you may not have the need or right to know. And G_d knows I've seen WAY too much info on certain people's personal life that they should keep to themselves but they spew it out anyways. I think the need to know or right to know has no application here.

#15 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Apr 2 2008, 11:54 AM) View Post
You pat each other on the back

I know. The P.C. and self-congratulatory "oh, I'm too good to want to know what kind of stuff is going on" is comical. When this story first broke, there was an urgency that is usually reserved for Presidential assassinations. Very personal, hysterical, and disturbing things were aired here (abduction, drugging, rape, etc), and it's odd that now everyone want's to pretend it never happened. If it did happen that way, then we should know the details in a timely manner so the community can be aware of the vast variety of crime out there. There's a tendency in Folsom for "hear no evil, see no evil". Well, there is evil...and some of it is right here. There's no harm in knowing all the sordid details of exactly what happened...in fact, it's productive in a "see what can happen, kids" life lesson. Hang in there, Darth. You and I are right on this one, as usual.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users