104 replies to this topic

#1 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

OK they aren't dead yet. Teens these days really suck. Drunk at 10am and nearly kills 2 cyclists. I'm sure she'll get off with a harsh warning and lose her license for 6 months meanwhile 2 woman are ruined for life. Completely pathetic. Her parents must be proud.

http://www.news10.ne...p...468&catid=2
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#2 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:23 PM

niiiiiiiiiiiice. rolleyes.gif
<3

#3 5hannon

5hannon

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

I read some of the blog posted about this terrible incident... I find the wording/spelling VERY interesting:

POSTED BY paypay1988: Being one the Best Friends of Brandi... I have been preying for the victims.[/b]

Hmmmmm - preying upon or praying for?

My condolengences to all involved.
5hannon

#4 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(5hannon @ Jun 19 2008, 08:39 PM) View Post
I read some of the blog posted about this terrible incident... I find the wording/spelling VERY interesting:

POSTED BY paypay1988: Being one the Best Friends of Brandi... I have been preying for the victims.[/b]

Hmmmmm - preying upon or praying for?

My condolengences to all involved.
5hannon

The plot grows thicker

#5 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:46 PM

I hope they make an example of this girl. It is illegal for her to be drinking, and how drunk must she have been to still be drunk at 10am? Did she start at 9am? I doubt it.

I hope the cyclists recover.

#6 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

One of the ladies is head of women's ministries at Lakeside Church. She's a pretty awesome woman.

#7 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

We just heard about it on the news. We go to Lakeside... we're shocked to say the least. Our prayers are with both families.
Here's a blog with updates on Kathi's status:
http://kathisturgeon.blogspot.com/

#8 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:28 PM

I find it absurd that the nineteen year old's friends are coming to her aid to tell us how wonderful she is. The fact is she wasn't responsible behind the wheel of her car and two innocent people are suffering from her actions. Kathi is VERY badly injured and her overall prognosis is yet to be determined. She is receiving sustenance with a feeding tube and ventilator and is far from being okay. Please keep Kathi and her friend Kathy H in your prayers. I am having a hard time praying for the driver, but she needs our prayers too.

#9 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jun 19 2008, 10:42 PM) View Post
Can we change the title of this thread? It's just not right to say these women were "killed" when they're struggling for their lives.

My heart goes out to the injured women and their friends and families.

Sorry for the shock title but most people gloss over everything unless there is a real reason to read it. I know one of the girls hit, I really hope she recovers. She is a wonderful person. As for the drunk 19 yr old, well, we'll save that for later.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#10 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:40 AM

Sounds like another methed-up teen twit trying to text message while driving....

And she was drunk, to boot....

Great...

She needs some serious jail time.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#11 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Jun 19 2008, 08:18 PM) View Post
OK they aren't dead yet. Teens these days really suck. Drunk at 10am and nearly kills 2 cyclists. I'm sure she'll get off with a harsh warning and lose her license for 6 months meanwhile 2 woman are ruined for life. Completely pathetic. Her parents must be proud.

http://www.news10.ne...p...468&catid=2

at 19 years old she's a legal adult and should be busted as one! This is terrible that two innocent people were nearly killed because of this stupid arse

and who the hell bailed her out of jail already? Is she that wealthy she can afford her own bail money or did mommy and daddy come to her rescue and defend her actions?

this is the product of bad and irresponsible parenting - she's probably another spoiled punk rich kid who's parents gave her a car, all the money she wants and freedom to raid the liquor cabinet any time of the day

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#12 j5mann

j5mann

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:47 AM

Reminds me of the accident on Iron Point a few years ago where two teens were racing and hit a woman.

Anyone know what happened to those teens? Didn't they just get a slap on the wrist?

I'm all for making an example out this adult teen.

#13 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:54 AM

I just found out about this last night from one of my neighbors. She is on a cycling team with both of these women and has known them for years. She is pretty much devistated.....

I sure hope there are some adults who get prosecuted as well. A 19 yr old drunk behind the wheel at 10AM on a weekday must have some serious issues.

#14 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jun 20 2008, 07:57 AM) View Post
at 19 years old she's a legal adult and should be busted as one! This is terrible that two innocent people were nearly killed because of this stupid arse

and who the hell bailed her out of jail already? Is she that wealthy she can afford her own bail money or did mommy and daddy come to her rescue and defend her actions?

this is the product of bad and irresponsible parenting - she's probably another spoiled punk rich kid who's parents gave her a car, all the money she wants and freedom to raid the liquor cabinet any time of the day

This describes at least 70% of high school kids in EDH 10 years ago when I was there. I can only imagine it has gotten worse since then.

#15 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE(j5mann @ Jun 20 2008, 09:47 AM) View Post
I'm all for making an example out this adult teen.

Yep, 'ol Brandi's party days are over.

There's ZERO alcohol tolerance if you're under 21....not to mention that it'll be felony DUI with injury, which carries pretty harsh sentence, fine, suspended license, DUI school, etc.

And if one of the victims die, then it gets even worse.

But, knowing her and people like her, she only feels bad for herself, and not the victims.

Make her an example and give her the MAX !!!
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users